General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, meoima said:

We only have 6 types of jumps. I wonder what she meant “8 types of skating”?

It's an excerpt from a book by Makoto Takayama titled “羽生結弦は助走をしない” which will be released in January. The author has written interesting essays on Yuzu and figure skating in general on the internet. “8 types of skating” probably taken from the one published right after 4CC this year.

http://www.premiumcyzo.com/modules/member/2017/04/post_7478/

女子編で書いた、ケイトリン・オズモンドについての感想とも少し重複しますが、「イン・アウト」と「フォア・バック」のエッジを組み合わせて、「右足・左足」のどちらか片方の足で滑っていく、この8種類の組み合わせの密度がとんでもない選手だなあ、と、羽生結弦の演技を見るたびに思います。「プログラム全編にわたって、なんらかのステップを踏み続けている」というのが、大げさな表現ではないのです。

I can’t really translate this due to lack of English skills and technical knowledge, but in this essay he admires how Yuzu performs switching four edges (BO, FO, BI, FI) and two feet (R and L) skillfully in tremendous speed, like doing steps all through the program, and how he maintains the speed with his skating skills and goes into jumps without preparation.

:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:Happy birthday Yuzu!:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:May your 23rd year be beautiful and fruitful:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

ETA:Oh, I didn't need to translate this into English...:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

羽生君、お誕生日おめでとう!

23才の年が素晴らしいものになるよう願っています!