General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, MrPudding said:

TCC will really see lots of love sent from his supporters this season :laughing:

-the banner

-the birthday book

-the bus stop poster

-the birthday map

-the supportive messages from everyone

-the photo exhibition

I guess one of the reason is because he'll be at the TCC during his birthday. I hope that this encourages him. 

The Swans

Guys, how...just...how do you do it :facepalm: I used to post like, one post max, mostly without any opinion to share, and yet, here I am, quoting half of you, wanting to add my three cents...you're the best.<3

*Watch out for Yuzu!Triggers, there is some in the spoiler...*

Spoiler
22 hours ago, kaerb said:

I think to me, it's because it's a clunky translation of a very elegant name (taut is fine, it's the rope I'm laughing about). I can see where they got it from for sure, they're not technically wrong....well....mostly, but the word 'rope' carries really different connotations to string, let alone bowstring. Even chord may have been better. 弦 ('gen') is well, literally a bowstring and secondarily the strings of string instruments (jisho.org gives the example of a shamisen).

I think this when I think of rope lol

beige-cream-crown-bolt-rope-65134-64_1000.jpg

Well, it's a Very Elegant Rope, ngl. I remember using similar ones to create really good looking wine-bottles, and flower vases. 

16 hours ago, kaerb said:

Exactly, which is probably why he refrains from sharing what he likes LOL (I think he mentioned on Asaichi he got about 8). though I bet if his fandom pitched in to get him a $$$$$$ custom earphone voucher, he'd be pretty happy :laughing: But really, my biggest wish is for everyone to pitch in to get him a custom suit fitting session with a local tailor c'mon, let's kickstart this. 

Yeah, I get that he's uncomfortable with being seen as an idol. Anything that I guess isn't just ~I made an intricate study of the beauty of your face~ would probably be better - I think funny manga-style panels with a point of view/message might give him a laugh. Then again, how many does he look at/read, given how much he gets? Most fanart is inevitably more for the artist to just get their feelings out -- tbh I only expect him to keep a small handful that are truly wonderful. Fanart of his jumps is an idea! Maybe something for me to work on : P (honestly homewares and house items indirectly inspired by his skating that they can display/use would be my preference... I'm 10000% about practical gifts over decorative lol). Tbh I would probably make fanart of him to give out to other fans more than throw at him.  

I think he would be more like 'Ehh~Ćan I really have this???' A'la Kenji no Heya ep.5 (Did I mention I ADORE that translation?).

I'm in for that tailor session, but we might need to disguise it as a costume fitting?

I think Mama Hanyu would also be more in favor of practical presents...look how great costume designs looked on the fans! I bet they would look great on the cups/plates/teacups (esp with the meaning behind Chopin 2.0&3.0 designs...)

Also, his jumps fanarts...would heave to include murderface :biggrin: though maybe if done with 'from the back' look, they could serve as a proper study material on a jumping position technique? Like, which one looks the best?

16 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Have any famous mangaka done his portrait, yet? If not, why not, and when will they?

I'm still waiting for other sports' mangakas to do a fanart for him. You know, his body type works well with Konomi's anatomics (body length equal 13 heads...:facepalm:), though CLAMP would also have a blast sketching him I bet. (with their superduper crazy costumes for their characters, I'm almost curious what they would make him wear...)

15 hours ago, kaerb said:

Hmm...I get what you mean about Toronto being a 'safe' space. idk, I feel like perhaps that's overstating the impact of a poster that is (hopefully) temporary and passive, and probably only here because he's been missing/injured so 'legit' representatives of fan love eg. Japanese TV, might not send him well-wishes on our behalf like they usually would? (tbh better than the people who visit TCC to try and get in to see him - iirc Brian mentioned them in passing on JP TV). I definitely hope this is a one-off thing though, and you're absolutely free to feel the way you do. I suppose I'm just curious about the gap in our perceptions and the reason for it ( :

I agree for sure - albeit, frankly speaking, not everyone has the skill to do full body fanart (even I usually find it more relaxing to just focus on face/upper body). I do hope there is a better balance though ( :

Points to take into consideration- TCC is a private club, so if the bus stop was on their terrain, they would have to approve the poster, and if that was the case, the would have to go through Brian's hands (him being the director of Skating Departament et all...), so I think he would have stopped that had he considered that too much in any way (considering he's the Battle of Brians survivor..).

The bus stop then is a public area, and so it's not direct intrusion on his training zone (at least that much), and I believe that it's only here for his birthday week(? There are Happy Birthday wishes on it...), so it's also more passive temporary than anything. Though yeah, smells a bit with idols (I hope he goes :xD: at this). 

Also, if the documentaries on him are anything to go by, he IS approached for a signature in Canada as well, even if this is a rare occurence, compared to Japana (but then again, it's 'we are crazy anout skating' Japan), so I don't think one poster will turn him from the completely unknown guy to suddenly approached on the streets guy.

Re:Fanarts- with the proposition of fanarts of his jumps from few posts above this one, I cannot think of anything but ShampooNeko's YOLO!3A Fanarts, which is...quite hilarious.

15 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Actually, any picture of Yuzu's face that isn't taken by the fan outside of a competition, with his permission, is also copyrighted or privacy infringement ^_^; Actually, in this case, fanart would have worked well... (though that's tricky, too)

FANART OF THE SKATES WITH BLACK EDGE AND WINGS MOTIFF. Subtle enough, copyright by Edea/Wilson could be bended thanks to those wings, as well, and anybody who needs to know would know the meaning...

14 hours ago, Anya said:

Official attire for the Japanese athletes for PC 2018.  I think this is much better compared to the Sochi ones. (but the pants, it's grayish right, not whitish).  I would like to see Yuzu use the second one, but knowing he's the I'll-wear-whatever's-comfortable, he'll go for the first one :laughing:

14 hours ago, kaerb said:

I endorse the double breasted suit, Yuzu's probably got the rare figure that could pull it off lol. On the whole, it's not bad. Not particularly distinctive but sensible enough. I cannot look at a silk scarf around the neck and not think flight attendants though 

Well, ANA does sponsor (one of- let's not forget Noriyaki-san) their most OGM hopeful, do they not? 

12 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Oh, no doubt they were being super sweet. I probably sounded too mean. :P I'm sure at least it will make for a good anecdote for him when at age 50 he's asked to describe the insane levels of popularity he experienced at the height of his career. :biggrin:

When he's 50? You think KiriToru or any program as such will leave it be for this long? :biggrin:

*Announcers voice* KIRITORU SPECIAL! HANYU YUZURU IS SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*Takes another breath*UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER POPULAR!

11 hours ago, kaerb said:

I'm so curious to know what the banner looks like! (and what they'll do with it......hang it up???? surely not in Yuzu's house lol)

maybe we should've made it a quilt he can snuggle up in LOL

Gladi summed it up- banner is big enough to hide in, roll up in like a pancake, ar use as a proper banner/curtain on the window(s) (7friggin meters of pure support...)

11 hours ago, Xen said:

Yeah, I know, it's super ambitious and probably too far flung. But if we do decide to donate something to ice rink sendai, is there a way for us to donate to them? The closest I can think of is say, if someone manages to get in contact with the publishers of his books and ask if there is a way to directly contribute to the fund instead. I don't think random envelopes flying to ice rink sendai filled with money is going to work. And if we donate to charities, well we need to figure out what charity to donate to. 

Is there still a fund ongoing for the rebuilding after 2011 Earthquake? I think that would be the closest equivalent. 

Isn't SendAid still working? I think some of the members of it are also Satellites? Maybe we should ask them^^

10 hours ago, Xen said:

I think the one-upping mentioned is more of rival kpop fandoms one-upping each other. More like, "So you BTS fans bought space on the subway? Well guess what, we are going to buy our oppas an ad in Times Square!" So to really fit that, it'd have to be a yuzu fandom vs other-skater fandom, which frankly, I think other-skater fandom will come out losing. :laughing: 

I don't think we're going to get the letter written in blood any time soon though. 

You know, if we followed by Yuzu's rule of wanting all the skaters feel the support, which I think most of us manage to do (and if not, at least we're not booing any innocent skaters...it's the judges who gets voodo dolls made for them), any of vs Wars would end up in us absorbing the other fandom because most of us goes by 'Yuzu is the best but one skater is not a competition' rule, so we naturally support other skaters to help Yuzu have the required amount of competition, which means that as long as you're not bashing anybody, even while being a fan of other skater, you end up indirectly supporting Yuzu, so hey, you're a friend! (Or that is just my twisted ideology xD)

(I'm not going into Yuzuru fandom vs Daisuke counterfeit fans. I refuse to call that fandoms war.)

Please no blood letters, we have seen enough blood on  CoC'14 I believe, and he has seen enough of his own in this godforsaken season to need to see your...:slinkaway:

10 hours ago, CupidsBow said:

eh it happens between fansites for the same artist as well if they don't like each other. I got ad space in a small agreement with a few other fansites but there was this one we all really hated so we didn't let her join. she tried to do her own but we had a bigger space in a better station to *shrug* she'd also do things like buy the idol and his manager a coffee or whatever and put on twitter as a food support project so we'd passive aggressively show her up by getting lunch boxes, drinks and desserts for all of the staff at a show he worked on or hiring a catering truck.  the kind of one-upping can get ridiculous in bigger more hostile fandoms though XD

imagine if fans on twitter, fans on here, fans on weibo and fans on facebook saw themselves as separate entities and were all trying to outdo each other big supportive gesture wise.....

Well, half of us belong to all of the fandoms, so choosing sides would end up being preeeetty hard xD

(As in, impossible for me-I'm Yuzuru Fan, not Facebook fan, or Tumblr's fan, or whatever other platform has his fangroups...though PH seems to be my first go-to place lately...ugh, stop that thought! IT SPILLS PAPRIKA!)

10 hours ago, Xen said:

Ah, well we've avoided that since we usually open ours to everyone. It's pretty inclusive. Same with the banner too. 

Right, someone explain to me the logic behind hostile fangroups where the hostility is more inwards directed....my brain hurts trying to straighten that up. 

It's as if you wanted to straighten a corkscrew...not only pointless and impossible, but you can also get hurt in process! Don't get hurt! This season is bad enough! :sadPooh:

10 hours ago, MrPudding said:

TCC will really see lots of love sent from his supporters this season :laughing:

-the banner

-the birthday book

-the bus stop poster

-the birthday map

-the supportive messages from everyone

-the photo exhibition

I guess one of the reason is because he'll be at the TCC during his birthday. I hope that this encourages him. 

Adding in reminders from other people's posts to have them in one place. TCC will also get:

-a birthday card with USB with a fan vid of all the messages from YHIFG members

-printed out book with abovementioned messages

-probably avalanche of twitter posts with well wishes...

-The swans

10 hours ago, freeyafanfan said:

that is so creepy man :slinkaway: fingers crossed nothing of this sorts ever make their way to yuzu...

think we'll be fine cause most of the projects initiated are open to everyone so you can participate in every project :biggrin: no need to one-up each other if you can participate in everything! :smiley-happy085:

btw I love the charity project idea! It'll be such a great cause if we could someday put it into action for reals!

Why you have to chose if you can have everything? A la Yuzu and his skating philosophy...'Why you have to have one field in which you're really good at if you can be complete all-rounder?'

8 hours ago, Katt said:

I agreed with this. I think since we couldn't see Yuzu on his birthday this year, fans want to do more project to support him, especially when he's trying to comeback from injuries. I think that bus stop ad is ok, maybe not the best thing, but far from anything negative. I still remember Yuzu took extra time to look  at all his banner at ACI and COR, it could be a bit awkward but I think he's very grateful with any kind of supporting. Since we never know how he's gonna feel about it, why not think it in a positive way ? IMO, as long as fans behave well and don't cross the line, everything's fine.  May be I'm into kpop for a long time so I dont have any problem with this. Trust me, when kpop fandoms are in the war of showing off their strength, its pretty scary :laughing:

Any fandom war involving real people is scary. *Flashbacks to creepy histories from the time of 1st and 2nd Tenimyu casts guard change...* 

Definitely not the best thing, but then again, we forgot a very important thing, that Yuzuru visited an exhibition with more than one hundred photos of himself before (even if they were photos of him in his natural habitat), so he probably predicted possible symptoms of YHWS and went on to immunize himself (does that word even exist...)

Gods, I love how branched out the talk here has become, and yet, how it is still connected to Yuzuru in a way^^

42 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Guys, how...just...how do you do it :facepalm: I used to post like, one post max, mostly without any opinion to share, and yet, here I am, quoting half of you, wanting to add my three cents...you're the best.<3

*Watch out for Yuzu!Triggers, there is some in the spoiler...*

Hide contents

Well, it's a Very Elegant Rope, ngl. I remember using similar ones to create really good looking wine-bottles, and flower vases. 

I think he would be more like 'Ehh~Ćan I really have this???' A'la Kenji no Heya ep.5 (Did I mention I ADORE that translation?).

I'm in for that tailor session, but we might need to disguise it as a costume fitting?

I think Mama Hanyu would also be more in favor of practical presents...look how great costume designs looked on the fans! I bet they would look great on the cups/plates/teacups (esp with the meaning behind Chopin 2.0&3.0 designs...)

I'm still waiting for other sports' mangakas to do a fanart for him. You know, his body type works well with Konomi's anatomics (body length equal 13 heads...:facepalm:), though CLAMP would also have a blast sketching him I bet. (with their superduper crazy costumes for their characters, I'm almost curious what they would make him wear...)

Also, if the documentaries on him are anything to go by, he approached for a signature in Canada as well, even if this is a rare occurence, compared to Japana (but then again, it's 'we are crazy anout skating' Japan), so I don't think one poster will turn him from the completely unknown guy to suddenly approached on the streets guy.

Re:Fanarts- with the proposition of fanarts of his jumps from few posts above this one, I cannot think of anything but ShampooNeko's YOLO!3A Fanarts, which is...quite hilarious.

FANART OF THE SKATES WITH BLACK EDGE AND WINGS MOTIFF. Subtle enough, copyright by Edea/Wilson could be bended thanks to those wings, as well, and anybody who needs to know would know the meaning...

Well, ANA does sponsor (one of- let's not forget Noriyaki-san) their most OGM hopeful, do they not? 

Gladi summed it up- banner is big enough to hide in, roll up in like a pancake, ar use as a proper banner/curtain on the window(s) (7friggin meters of pure support...)

Isn't SendAid still working? I think some of the members of it are also Satellites? Maybe we should ask them^^

You know, if we followed by Yuzu's rule of wanting all the skaters feel the support, which I think most of us manage to do (and if not, at least we're not booing any innocent skaters...it's the judges who gets voodo dolls made for them), any of vs Wars would end up in us absorbing the other fandom because most of us goes by 'Yuzu is the best but one skater is not a competition' rule, so we naturally support other skaters to help Yuzu have the required amount of competition, which means that as long as you're not bashing anybody, even while being a fan of other skater, you end up indirectly supporting Yuzu, so hey, you're a friend! (Or that is just my twisted ideology xD)

(I'm not going into Yuzuru fandom vs Daisuke counterfeit fans. I refuse to call that fandoms war.)

Please no blood letters, we have seen enough blood on  CoC'14 I believe, and he has seen enough of his own in this godforsaken season to need to see your...:slinkaway:

Well, half of us belong to all of the fandoms, so choosing sides would end up being preeeetty hard xD

(As in, impossible for me-I'm Yuzuru Fan, not Facebook fan, or Tumblr's fan, or whatever other platform has his fangroups...though PH seems to be my first go-to place lately...ugh, stop that thought! IT SPILLS PAPRIKA!)

It's as if you wanted to straighten a corkscrew...not only pointless and impossible, but you can also get hurt in process! Don't get hurt! This season is bad enough! :sadPooh:

Adding in reminders from other people's posts to have them in one place. TCC will also get:

-a birthday card with USB with a fan vid of all the messages from YHIFG members

-printed out book with abovementioned messages

-probably avalanche of twitter posts with well wishes...

-The swans

Why you have to chose if you can have everything? A la Yuzu and his skating philosophy...'Why you have to have one field in which you're really good at if you can be complete all-rounder?'

Any fandom war involving real people is scary. *Flashbacks to creepy histories from the time of 1st and 2nd Tenimyu casts guard change...* 

Definitely not the best thing, but then again, we forgot a very important thing, that Yuzuru visited an exhibition with more than one hundred photos of himself before (even if they were photos of him in his natural habitat), so he probably predicted possible symptoms of YHWS and went on to immunize himself (does that word even exist...)

Gods, I love how branched out the talk here has become, and yet, how it is still connected to Yuzuru in a way^^

So with you on all of this....... esp. The clamp bit...

19 minutes ago, Sayu93 said:

So with you on all of this....... esp. The clamp bit...

7 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

:peekapooh:i would probably die a thousand times if this happened. And sell a kidney to get the original print lmao

Good to hear I'm not alone in my fantasies! It's the fault of the people inventing Emperor Hanyu and his court ladies-this would be SUCH A GOOD FANART.

Also, I blame my CCS reread on this.

23 minutes ago, Floria said:

Team Cricket Facebook page  posted photo of the "Happy birthday" poster at the bus stop :laughing:

So he has seen it already....

Omg it made it onto TCC Facebook:smiley-laughing021:

Imagine Yuzu going to the ice rink and everyone else just like "I saw you at the bust stop"

:knc_brian2:

1 hour ago, Floria said:

Team Cricket Facebook page  posted photo of the "Happy birthday" poster at the bus stop :laughing:

So he has seen it already....

I would give anything to see the look on his face when he first spot it. 

Is it .....   :crazyshit:

or is it ....   :joy:

or .....  :anger: 

17 hours ago, Anya said:

Official attire for the Japanese athletes for PC 2018.  I think this is much better compared to the Sochi ones. (but the pants, it's grayish right, not whitish).  I would like to see Yuzu use the second one, but knowing he's the I'll-wear-whatever's-comfortable, he'll go for the first one :laughing:

Commenting just on the men's outfits, I like them both. I was never fond of the light grey and dark slacks combination at Sochi. Navy blue blazers, white shirts, regimental striped ties and grey slacks are very classic, but never get old. I like both the single and double breasted blazers. Double breasted blazer is a little more dressy than the single breasted version. I hope they tailor the blazers so that they are a nice fit on the athletes and that the slacks are the right length. 

2 hours ago, Aotoshiro said:

Good to hear I'm not alone in my fantasies! It's the fault of the people inventing Emperor Hanyu and his court ladies-this would be SUCH A GOOD FANART.

Also, I blame my CCS reread on this.

Ummm....I feel strangely obligated to do something, but my muse bunnies are not cooperating, and the last crate of paprika from PM pooh were laced with something. I think that may have put the plot bunnies into some sort of stupor, they have done nothing more than twitch tails, noses, chew on leaves and ramble chuu~all the time. But they totally glaze over anytime they are told to burrow into the palace. :notamused: