General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

oh the banner one was with messages from fans right? i joined in that one haha did the person doing it post a pic of the finished banner? I thought that was just going to find its way to a competion though i guess pulling out of nhk and not making it to gpf kind of ruined that plan

The banner was after the withdrawing from NHK, organized by gladi. As far as I know, it was sent to TCC and she said she'll post a picture after it arrives there, or so. I think.

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

I think the one-upping mentioned is more of rival kpop fandoms one-upping each other. More like, "So you BTS fans bought space on the subway? Well guess what, we are going to buy our oppas an ad in Times Square!" So to really fit that, it'd have to be a yuzu fandom vs other-skater fandom, which frankly, I think other-skater fandom will come out losing. :laughing: 

I don't think we're going to get the letter written in blood any time soon though. 

@CupidsBow already explained how it works, one-upping in terms of making the most impressive and most likely to get his attention projects. (For example, with Yuzu, if TCC took and posted a picture with the banner, fans with some other project might get jealous. Or vice-versa.) I hope I'm too cynical, and that it won't happen, though. So far the Yuzu fandom seems quite peaceful...

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

Speaking of birthday gifts, I wonder what TCC will make of a big package containing a 7 meter banner when it arrives there, provided it was sent to TCC (I'm not sure?). :biggrin:

TCC will really see lots of love sent from his supporters this season :laughing:

-the banner

-the birthday book

-the bus stop poster

-the birthday map

-the supportive messages from everyone

-the photo exhibition

I guess one of the reason is because he'll be at the TCC during his birthday. I hope that this encourages him. 

Tbh I think the larger number of fan projects this year is mostly because he’s been injured and missing from the GP series and is also spending his first birthday w/o the company of everyone on the FS circuit/media so naturally fans want to set up projects to show him extra support. Sympathy + an antsy fandom in Olympic year experiencing Yuzu withdrawal...at least the energy is being productively channeled. 

As far as I know it’s been gladi’s banner project, the fanbook, our map and now this poster. I think that’s a healthy amount of support and open to all. 

2 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Tbh I think the larger number of fan projects this year is mostly because he’s been injured and missing from the GP series and is also spending his first birthday w/o the company of everyone on the FS circuit/media so naturally fans want to set up projects to show him extra support. Sympathy + an antsy fandom in Olympic year experiencing Yuzu withdrawal...at least the energy is being productively channeled. 

As far as I know it’s been gladi’s banner project, the fanbook, our map and now this poster. I think that’s a healthy amount of support and open to all. 

I forgot to add, the photo exhibition too <3

53 minutes ago, Xen said:

I don't think we're going to get the letter written in blood any time soon though. 

that is so creepy man :slinkaway: fingers crossed nothing of this sorts ever make their way to yuzu...

think we'll be fine cause most of the projects initiated are open to everyone so you can participate in every project :biggrin: no need to one-up each other if you can participate in everything! :smiley-happy085:

btw I love the charity project idea! It'll be such a great cause if we could someday put it into action for reals!

19 hours ago, kaerb said:

I agreed with this. I think since we couldn't see Yuzu on his birthday this year, fans want to do more project to support him, especially when he's trying to comeback from injuries. I think that bus stop ad is ok, maybe not the best thing, but far from anything negative. I still remember Yuzu took extra time to look  at all his banner at ACI and COR, it could be a bit awkward but I think he's very grateful with any kind of supporting. Since we never know how he's gonna feel about it, why not think about it in a positive way ? IMO, as long as fans behave well and don't cross the line, everything's fine.  May be I'm into kpop for a long time so I dont have any problem with this. Trust me, when kpop fandoms are in the war of showing off their strength, its pretty scary :laughing:

6 hours ago, kaerb said:

I endorse the double breasted suit, Yuzu's probably got the rare figure that could pull it off lol. On the whole, it's not bad. Not particularly distinctive but sensible enough. I cannot look at a silk scarf around the neck and not think flight attendants though 

The first thing I thought when I saw that was, "did ANA take part in the designing as well?" :laughing:

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Oh, no doubt they were being super sweet. I probably sounded too mean. :P I'm sure at least it will make for a good anecdote for him when at age 50 he's asked to describe the insane levels of popularity he experienced at the height of his career. :biggrin:

Oh man, now that you mention this, I'm rooting for Yuzu to be a coach. Then in future I can point at 50 year old Yuzu at the K&C, "See kids, that's the GOAT of figure skating! He's the one who got me into this sports.":tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

That's.. very Yuzu. :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

That's a very good description of ACI seimei. =P

Hm so we have actually thought about making a charity project and were toying with ideas but we postponed it to the off-season as we were busy.

I personally don't feel comfortable with promoting a specific charity and I wouldn't want to vouch for one. Local charities are the safest so we were thinking of doing something more loose. Just individual fans doing something charitable like making financial donations or donating blood or volunteering and then documenting it in some way that relates to Yuzu. This would also be more inclusive bc while not all fans have the means to donate they can still volunteer, probably. We would also avoid having to collect money and be responsible for it, something that would make me uncomfortable, as well. But this idea also has its flaws, like how can we document it in a cohesive and organized way? The message of the campaign might run danger of being ambiguous. And the project would depend on the motivation of the fans which is hard to predict especially with the message being ambiguous

5 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Oh, no doubt they were being super sweet. I probably sounded too mean. :P I'm sure at least it will make for a good anecdote for him when at age 50 he's asked to describe the insane levels of popularity he experienced at the height of his career. :biggrin:

I feel like I sounded a bit mean too lol. But as everyone said, as long as it doesn't get out of hand, or escalates further into something that really becomes a burden to Yuzu, then I guess (for now) it's still okay.

3 hours ago, MrPudding said:

I forgot to add, the photo exhibition too <3

And the birthday video project by the YHIFG. And probably myriad other projects brewing that we don't know about yet.

25 minutes ago, robin said:

Hm so we have actually thought about making a charity project and were toying with ideas but we postponed it to the off-season as we were busy.

I personally don't feel comfortable with promoting a specific charity and I wouldn't want to vouch for one. Local charities are the safest so we were thinking of doing something more loose. Just individual fans doing something charitable like making financial donations or donating blood or volunteering and then documenting it in some way that relates to Yuzu. This would also be more inclusive bc while not all fans have the means to donate they can still volunteer, probably. We would also avoid having to collect money and be responsible for it, something that would make me uncomfortable, as well. But this idea also has its flaws, like how can we document it in a cohesive and organized way? The message of the campaign might run danger of being ambiguous. And the project would depend on the motivation of the fans which is hard to predict especially with the message being ambiguous

Should we open a separate group discussion about this? Maybe in private PM or something? 

If a fan-organized Tohoku restoration drive ever takes off, I'll be more than happy to make a monetary contribution. You can consider this a pledge. It's humanitarian, it's tied to his "skating jinsei", and it'd be thanking those who supported him despite their own hardships. So out of all the ideas pitched, this one is the most appealing to me (in case you're taking votes).

:)

25 minutes ago, robin said:

You mean to talk about organizing a charity project? Sure, we can do that!

Yep. I have some ideas, but I'm not sure how this would work in Japan. Especially if there are limitations to what they can do from crowdsourcing platforms. 

25 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

If a fan-organized Tohoku restoration drive ever takes off, I'll be more than happy to make a monetary contribution. You can consider this a pledge. It's humanitarian, it's tied to his "skating jinsei", and it'd be thanking those who supported him despite their own hardships. So out of all the ideas pitched, this one is the most appealing to me (in case you're taking votes).

:)

Yes, this was what I think would be the most meaningful. But we're not sure if such a charity exists in Japan. Either that or maybe there is something still ongoing with the publisher for his bios. Those are probably the most neutral parties in Japan.