General Yuzuru Chat

15 hours ago, MrPudding said:

Yuzu and his 'uncles' :rofl:

lmao I will never get over the Helsinki security dude like........ #same :embSwan:

(actually the Olympics dude was pretty iconic too. Imagine just being an ordinary journalist in the pit, trying to get your article in by the deadline and you're the first person the new Olympic champion makes eye contact with after realising he won :laughing:)

8 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Hmm actually, after refreshing on the cognitive function stack (I use this Thought Catalog page as a useful shorthand/quick guide), I see your point about P. I also think the ENFP strengths/weaknesses align more with what we've seen of Yuzu, than either INFP/ENFJ. I wonder if the knack for details is an extension of a strong F function - it seems to be more people/situation-related (albeit it's not like anyone's sat him down and asked him to recall objective sensory details so our data is biased). Or maybe it's just having a good memory and completely unrelated lol

(hello! I've actually found a fair few INTJ female unicorns online so you're added to the list! : P And yeah, he's def capable of adopting T function but is very F lol)

I definitely get @SparkleSalad's point about performance being an outlet for introverted people's emotions but I think perhaps it has more to do with shyness - Shoma is a classic example of an introverted, shy person who is able to project a completely different aura when he's performing that shows the intense inner emotion/competitiveness/fire that he has. I don't think Yuzu is particularly shy around strangers, or at least seems quick to win them over by filling any awkward silences with chatter. Could be another way of dealing with shyness I suppose, but I don't really get that vibe from him as strongly. Of course, we should trust what Yuzu says about himself* but if he's actually an introvert, he does an excellent job of playing for the other side. 

*small caveat: I would say that one's self perception can differ vastly from the impression/image they give out to others : P

I’m not sure I’m exactly shy anymore but I am still an introvert and I do long to perform again. No explanation for that, though! I don’t think he’s shy but perhaps similarly may have to keep his intensity in check off ice, especially in such a socially conservative society. 

15 minutes ago, kaerb said:

(actually the Olympics dude was pretty iconic too. Imagine just being an ordinary journalist in the pit, trying to get your article in by the deadline and you're the first person the new Olympic champion makes eye contact with after realising he won :laughing:)

AAAA

This just made me go watch the "I'm the first?" clip again and I'm tearing up here, what the heck, all this figure skating is making me so emotional :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow: I rarely even cry watching movies but these days it doesn't take much to make me cry, what is going on :13877886:

5 часов назад, kaeryth сказал:

Random thing I found while rereading stuff.

Skaters and their favourite ice-cream flavours: translated by Yuzusorbet

tumblr_nhbz4bkxzl1tbuttdo1_1280.jpg

OK, I'm Oda. Gimme matcha ice cream anytime :P but I also love anything with mint flavour, so can give Yuzu's one a try too

11 hours ago, CupidsBow said:

Icing doesn't necessarily mean it hurt? It's part of good muscle care when you use muscles that intensely. It helps reduce fatigue in the muscle after intense use - ice after exercise, rest, then use a heating pad or something later. I wouldn't be surprised if he commonly takes ice baths after training or competitions.

I'm pretty sure it's from backstage at SC 2016. He landed 4Lo on his knee in both SP and FP, so it probably hurt :slinkaway:

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I've gotten INFJ each time I've taken it but I wonder if it doesn't like skewing the results that way to make people feel rare and super special. :P Of course I'm rare and super special anyway. :pancake: Or perhaps that personality type is just drawn to online personality tests. :biggrin: 

This discussion made me curious, so I did the test and I've got INFJ too. But the only thing I'm sure about it, is that I'm too complicated for this test :smiley-laughing021:

12 hours ago, kaerb said:

This is why I lowkey think he's more of an extrovert who's become an introvert by habit and necessity, he gets so hyped up and energised during shows and around people 

I've noticed this.  In shows he's always the last to be introduced (saving the best for last) and always gets the loudest welcome.  But it's apparent how much he gets into the choreographic chores he's sharing with the other skaters.  I think it's because he's always skating alone in competitions and he loves the experience of being one of the crowd in the opening number.  It's also apparent he's totally into the basically elementary choreography (it has to be elementary for all the competitive skaters to learn almost instantly).  In the finales he's even more extroverted.  I think, though, it's not only the being with the other skaters, it's his chance to directly interact with the spectators.  Yuzu loves audiences.  They are a large part of what he's become.  His finger pointing skyward at the end of a truly successful skate is his acknowledgment (according to an interview of him I read) of the role of the audience in energizing him.  The observation about extrovert and introvert is not wholly accurate, though.  I think what we see as he stands there before beginning a skate is his sinking himself into his program, his preparing himself to become one with the moves and music about to commence.  That's not quite an introvert.  He is, however, reserved and I think cautious when not on the ice.  That's not introversion but more a defensive measure because he's become such a public presence, particularly in Japan, but also wherever skating is front and center.  He knows he is a massive symbol of his sport and he doesn't want to do any disservice to it.  All in all, what we see at the ice shows and the gala is Yuzu allowing himself to be simply himself and not the skater out there racking up the points.

8 hours ago, kiches said:

I had the Baskin Robbins hard candy for the Popping Shower flavor. The candy tastes like sweet cream and pop rock candy.

Popping Shower flavor I think is exclusive to Baskin Robbins in Japan. If I remember correctly Yuzu didn't actually say he likes this flavor, the actual question in an interview at the end of 2014 asked him what ice cream flavor best describes him and he said popping shower - because 'It looks cute but when you put in the mouth, it's gonna act up!'.

I think it's a pretty accurate description :happy:. He looks sweet and cute but probably causes lots of trouble and is surprising like popping candy.

Um, I think the combo is scary for a different reason. The popping candy are sweet, the ice cream is mint and white chocolate flavored. From some reviews I've read online, it's like tasting condensed powered sugar in ice cream format, and the minty flavor is barely detectable. It is in short, a sugar overdose. If we follow reviews, then Yuzu's message is more of "I look cute on the outside and superficial level, but you guys have no idea how intensely sappy and toothache inducing sweet I am in real life." That is terrifying indeed. :13877886:

5 hours ago, kaerb said:

Hmm actually, after refreshing on the cognitive function stack (I use this Thought Catalog page as a useful shorthand/quick guide), I see your point about P. I also think the ENFP strengths/weaknesses align more with what we've seen of Yuzu, than either INFP/ENFJ. I wonder if the knack for details is an extension of a strong F function - it seems to be more people/situation-related (albeit it's not like anyone's sat him down and asked him to recall objective sensory details so our data is biased). Or maybe it's just having a good memory and completely unrelated lol

(hello! I've actually found a fair few INTJ female unicorns online so you're added to the list! : P And yeah, he's def capable of adopting T function but is very F lol)

I definitely get @SparkleSalad's point about performance being an outlet for introverted people's emotions but I think perhaps it has more to do with shyness - Shoma is a classic example of an introverted, shy person who is able to project a completely different aura when he's performing that shows the intense inner emotion/competitiveness/fire that he has. I don't think Yuzu is particularly shy around strangers, or at least seems quick to win them over by filling any awkward silences with chatter. Could be another way of dealing with shyness I suppose, but I don't really get that vibe from him as strongly. Of course, we should trust what Yuzu says about himself* but if he's actually an introvert, he does an excellent job of playing for the other side. 

*small caveat: I would say that one's self perception can differ vastly from the impression/image they give out to others : P

Hah, I'm looking at the strength listed "Know how to relax." Um.....this is making me doubt the ENFP choice. :13877886: The boy has no chill when it comes to skating, but I think outside of skating, he's actually really good at getting other people to "loosen up." I think I've heard somewhere that ENFP is the most introverted of the extroverts and usually need more "alone" time than others, simply because the way their functions stack, they need more reflection time. There have also been times in various MBTI chats and forums, where ENFPs have infiltrated the Introverts section and went undetected (and then very much invited once they got exposed, which usually took a long time). For me it's more of the fact he's quite...bouncy mentally. There was an interview with him and Keiji, and Oda asked if Yuzu ever got excited. And poor Keiji had to say how Yuzu got excited over random things that he could never understand, so he just lets Yuzu go loose. That sounds like Ne dom-random bouts of excitement, over stuff you're not sure of (at least of the ones I've encountered). And kind of fits the idea that he feeds off audience energy and does stuff at galas, at shows to get the energy level even higher. And they feed off it, until it gets kind of too much and they teepee over...

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

I've noticed this.  In shows he's always the last to be introduced (saving the best for last) and always gets the loudest welcome.  But it's apparent how much he gets into the choreographic chores he's sharing with the other skaters.  I think it's because he's always skating alone in competitions and he loves the experience of being one of the crowd in the opening number.  It's also apparent he's totally into the basically elementary choreography (it has to be elementary for all the competitive skaters to learn almost instantly).  In the finales he's even more extroverted.  I think, though, it's not only the being with the other skaters, it's his chance to directly interact with the spectators.  Yuzu loves audiences.  They are a large part of what he's become.  His finger pointing skyward at the end of a truly successful skate is his acknowledgment (according to an interview of him I read) of the role of the audience in energizing him.  The observation about extrovert and introvert is not wholly accurate, though.  I think what we see as he stands there before beginning a skate is his sinking himself into his program, his preparing himself to become one with the moves and music about to commence.  That's not quite an introvert.  He is, however, reserved and I think cautious when not on the ice.  That's not introversion but more a defensive measure because he's become such a public presence, particularly in Japan, but also wherever skating is front and center.  He knows he is a massive symbol of his sport and he doesn't want to do any disservice to it.  All in all, what we see at the ice shows and the gala is Yuzu allowing himself to be simply himself and not the skater out there racking up the points.

That, and the open practices. Now that he's gotten better at communicating with Brian, we've had more random crazy memelord moments between him and Brian. It screams Fi to me. And he has changed a lot from his earlier interviews and his post-Sochi interviews. There's more enthusiasm before and a certain degree of bubbliness-I think there is an interview with Tracy floating somewhere where she mentioned he's actually very giggly in person. In recent years, I think he's dialed down the hyperness a bit. 

6 hours ago, kaerb said:

Yeah, I think this is definitely the case :P but I think E/I is something that is very obvious (to you) that may be deceiving to others...(maybe more so than any of the other 3 categories), because extroverted = you gain energy from people, and introverted = you gain energy from being alone, and to people who are highly one or the other, they know where they gain energy the most (you can just feel it when you're alone after a party or whatever and slowly you start to feel re-energized), but it has almost nothing to do with HOW you act around people when you do, if that makes sense? Some introverts can get really wild and some extroverts are pretty soft-spoken. But I guess there are correlations..

39 minutes ago, Xen said:

In recent years, I think he's dialed down the hyperness a bit. 

Yes, he has.  Just compare his earlier kiss and cries with the more recent ones.  He's far calmer.  Remember about all his bowing and rising and bowing to the audience when a really big score was racked up.  We don't see much of that now.  Is it just maturity or has he deliberately dialed back on his conduct.  I really enjoyed his earlier kiss and cries.  But now he is an icon for the sport so he has to have DIGNITY (Although we did get tears this year after his record FS at Worlds).   I'd like to see the old Yuzu come back.