General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

This is what I'm most interested about, too. Please share his answers with us if you ever get the opportunity. :)

My poor innocent SparkleSalad, I see you don't realize I'm steering him towards Plato and philosophy in general....before covering it up with figure skating. I can be sneaky like that you know.

1 minute ago, Xen said:

My poor innocent SparkleSalad, I see you don't realize I'm steering him towards Plato and philosophy in general....before covering it up with figure skating. I can be sneaky like that you know.

*Looks guiltily at her bookshelves full of dusty classical texts that have sat untouched since April 1st, 2017*

4 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Hahaha you know, at one point i did care about not being seen as a mindless Fanyu who only follows the sport when he's present because he is so so pretty. But it's very tiring to hold back a lot of stuff and constantly prove that you do like FS not just because Yuzuru is handsome. Or that i don't like him only for his looks.

Being an admin made me feel "forced" to prove that i am a skating fan and then a Yuzu fan, but my relationship with the sport is very complicated.

I have accepted long ago that the way i enjoy his skating is different to other people, and that there is nothing wrong with that, nor is disrespectful to him as an athlete, because believe it or not i do pay attention to the technical stuff, i get angry about the judging, i am not a complete ignorant about the rules and i can at least identify the jumps.

But i bet no one will ever believe me that i'm not in this only for the fluff :rofl: don't blame you and i stopped caring.

It sounds weird but my motivation is literally to help provide a space for all the fans, because i remember how weird it was to find out that there wasn't a safe place dedicated to him on the internet, and this might be hard to believe too but in every online community i've been in, i'm always a lurker.

I wanted to help make this place somewhere where people feel safe enough to eventually come out of lurkdom :10742289:

I love that about this website. I used to read a certain other forum, but they're so hostile to some skaters and fans that I'm turned off. So I'm very glad to find a place where people don't have obsessive hatred against athletes and are respectful. I feel much more relaxed here.

1 hour ago, yuzuuu said:

ehh my friend who is living in japan told me everywhere she goes, she sees yuzu 

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

Hoooooow? Does she live in the Sendai exhibition? I hunted very, very hard but I didn't see any of the train ads, the big Ghana ad was hidden in an unappealing subway walkway, and hardly any konbini had clearfiles and they weren't exactly flying out he door, either. The only place I really saw him was in the FS section of bookshops, squashed between motorbikes and fishing.

Agree with @SparkleSalad, I was looking for him everywhere, from scanning the whole carriage each time I took a train, walking round the chocolate/shampoo/cleaning products aisles every time I entered a supermarket, and walking through the whole konbini searching for anything of him each time I went there to grab something, but it was really a desert :shrug:

I honestly have no clue how people manage to spot him anywhere other than at the FS section of bookstores.

Yay forum is in a squishy mood! And we're going back in time, and then forward again! sometime soon we'll be back to the Battle of two Brians and ugly red and purple(???What was that, Boitano) officer costumes (and fluffy hair-still untouched by the curse of having two best skaters in the World under your wing)!

re:silent mods- no, I DEFINITELY do not mind our mods being as crazy as we are- the only other forum I was and felt comfortable posting in was small forum where you could see mod replying to literally everyone and on any topic, so :Carrot:.

re: Evil FanyuTM and Good FanTM -in what place on ISU rulebook guideline there is written what is the correct way to fan(that's a  verb by the way, not noun :facepalm:)? (Aaand, 50ways to be a Yuzuru Fan video floats into my consciousness) Sorry for outside FS reference, but I got into Tenimyu because Koseki Yuta and Furukawa Yuta were cute(okay, for me had pleasing voices is more accurate description, I keep forgetting to look at people all the time), and only after that discovered what a hardcore (and versatile) artists Tenimyu creates (being hit by a car and not even knowing if you'll be able to walk again? Dude, puhlease, I will graduate from the MUSICAL after that...You need a character with a serious stress disorder? Sure, I mostly played cutepies, but why not, I will pull it off and PULL IT OFF GREAT).

And sure, human shallowness runs deep, but Yuzuru's character and skating is even deeper, so  good luck in staying only fan of his good looks:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:  (I wanted to add another PoT reference to Yuzuru's skating=Tezuka Zone, but it might be too close to :ban-smiley-face:, so I just leave it here :biggrin:)

Also, a big :bow: to the mods and this Planet- even if there are users I disagree with and whose posts irritate me, I can just ignore them and enjoy the rest of the Planet, being fully aware that somewhere on the other side of Earth, somebody probably feels the same about my content, and just like me, feels respectful enough not to call me out and create a paprika storm, and make this forum more enjoyable to everyone, me included- :) such a blessed place!

Re: question for Yuzuru- frustrated 'TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, YOU DID ENOUGH FOR US ALREADY, SPARE BRIAN'S HAIR' took on a bit softer tone after the withdrawal from NHK (Wise baby, listened to the team...for once xD), so I would probably try to change that for some question that will let him bemoan all the irritiating things he had to keep to himself/his mom, because I know that venting out together helps a lot, and I'm pretty sure he would bemoan his English as much as I bemoan my Japanese and Russian xD Though I doubt he would do that, breaking his perfect image could help him relax a bit, especially since I'm basically a stranger he probably wouldn't see anymore in his lifetime, unless he recognized the face screaming itself off somewhere in the audience...but that's the talk for the next year for me...sigh. Also would love to hear his take on his major, it's always interesting to see how different people see the same subject (on Japanese studies the views varied from 'I have to learn so hard I sometimes forget to eat' to 'I end up revisions in one hour, write a blog post, record a new vlog, and go with my girlfriend on a date, such a lazy day')

11 minutes ago, Kizuna said:

Agree with @SparkleSalad, I was looking for him everywhere, from scanning the whole carriage each time I took a train, walking round the chocolate/shampoo/cleaning products aisles every time I entered a supermarket, and walking through the whole konbini searching for anything of him each time I went there to grab something, but it was really a desert :shrug:

I honestly have no clue how people manage to spot him anywhere other than at the FS section of bookstores.

Srsly. Have more respect for your Living National Treasure! I felt personally insulted. :hachimaki: I did find a huge stack of Ghana QUO card pamphlets at the supermarket that appeared ON THE DAY OF HIS WD so that was nice and traumatic. I took a few and they were still there 3 days later so then I just went for it I took a whole heap. Why people don’t hoard this stuff, I have no idea.

Ooh!! The topics now are so interesting! :smiley-happy085:

About the good fan vs bad fan topic, I think that as long as you don't forget that first and foremost he is an athlete respects him as one you are on the right path. Other facets will naturally come when you get to know him more. That's alright. It's really part of it.

Now, about what I'll ask him if we ever have a one-on-one talk ( :8788161: I might turn into puddle or something) I might sway him in the topic of Bioethics (I know it sounds so nerdy 🤓). It leans primarily on the medical field but it's still in the scope of his course that's why I really want to bring it up. This topic has always fascinated me during my college days. I want to know what are his views about euthanasia, human genetic engineering and religions and beliefs affecting the healthcare delivery system. It's always been a point of debate and knowing Yuzu it's always interesting to know his views of it.

Admins and mods, a single post is not enough to justify how precious you all are!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:. This planet is a safe haven for skating fans who wants to enjoy skating peacefully. And that is coming from multiple forum lurker who have seen different levels of bias, curses, unfair shaming of skaters' physical appearance, racism. You name it. But this planet has been an orderly one and that's all because of you guys! So from the bottom of my heart, :thanks:

13 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Srsly. Have more respect for your Living National Treasure! I felt personally insulted. :hachimaki: I did find a huge stack of Ghana QUO card pamphlets at the supermarket that appeared ON THE DAY OF HIS WD so that was nice and traumatic. I took a few and they were still there 3 days later so then I just went for it I took a whole heap. Why people don’t hoard this stuff, I have no idea.

I honestly thought that since the GP was ongoing in Osaka and I caught him on the news many times (bad news though :13877886:), I would at least see FS ads or something somewhere. And I also thought P&G would at least have tiny cardboard ads of him at the shampoo/cleaning section.

Well I also thought that the majority of people walking on the streets would be fans of him and suffered from culture shock when I found out that not everyone at the NHK Trophy venue were his fans so... :smiley-ashamed005:

Aww guys I think you’re giving us too much credit. What really makes the planet such a great place is your contributions. You shape the community and you hold it together and you give it life. We only provided you guys with the space and honestly we could not have dreamed it would flourish and grow to this extend! I’m just happy to see you guys have fun here 

Thank you guys :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

24 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

5 minutes ago, Kizuna said:

I honestly thought that since the GP was ongoing in Osaka and I caught him on the news many times (bad news though :13877886:), I would at least see FS ads or something somewhere. And I also thought P&G would at least have tiny cardboard ads of him at the shampoo/cleaning section.

Well I also thought that the majority of people walking on the streets would be fans of him and suffered from culture shock when I found out that not everyone at the NHK Trophy venue were his fans so... :smiley-ashamed005:

seriously tho, considering he's always ranking top in so many random Japanese ranking stuff and all those pictures of him seemingly everywhere, I expected more... I guess this is what cog psych would call attentional bias haha

back in 2014 when venues were soo crowded outside and everyone you interview gushes about Yuzu.. miss XD 

18 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

seriously tho, considering he's always ranking top in so many random Japanese ranking stuff and all those pictures of him seemingly everywhere, I expected more... I guess this is what cog psych would call attentional bias haha

back in 2014 when venues were soo crowded outside and everyone you interview gushes about Yuzu.. miss XD 

that will be back by the time of Nats I suppose...Imagine santa cardboard plate and next to it LGC washed out again and dyed in the green and red :laughing: (Oh, god, what an atrocity I have called upon ourselves...:facepalm:)