General Yuzuru Chat

20 minutes ago, katonice said:

I... I love how geeky that sounds :laughing:

Actually, I've just been doing some research on that and it sounds so interesting... I wish we knew more, like what classes he takes, what he reads for them etc. I kind of wish they'd had something like that at my University... I studied Computer Science and kind of hated it (although I actually enjoy programming). Human Informatics sounds really interesting, though... (I probably wouldn't have had the courage to go for it anyway, though, since I always thought I sucked at Humanities subjects lol)

I wish someone would let him ramble about the stuff he learned through his studies for 10 pages or so next time he does long interviews :P I find it super interesting, especially since, with him, it all eventually leads back to skating, anyway.

54 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Actually, I've just been doing some research on that and it sounds so interesting... I wish we knew more, like what classes he takes, what he reads for them etc. I kind of wish they'd had something like that at my University... I studied Computer Science and kind of hated it (although I actually enjoy programming). Human Informatics sounds really interesting, though... (I probably wouldn't have had the courage to go for it anyway, though, since I always thought I sucked at Humanities subjects lol)

I wish someone would let him ramble about the stuff he learned through his studies for 10 pages or so next time he does long interviews :P I find it super interesting, especially since, with him, it all eventually leads back to skating, anyway.

Human Informatics does sound pretty interesting...

I did my degree in photography and was really into the media studies side of things and did a lot of research and writing on visual culture and the function of images as communicative media in human culture/semiotics/all that fun stuff. All the more social studies type stuff I did thinking about how people interact with media and how media functions was my favourite part of my degree. Sounds like the kind of course I might have taken if I had actually taken critical thinking at A level like I wanted to and had been better at psychology... :P

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

same. The major sounds fascinating. Wonder if it is something like neuro-psychology, or neuro-linguistics, where you study psychology but need to back up theories with actual neurology studies. 

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

Have to admit I don't know too much of what it's about, since for myself I've mostly been familiar with the purely technical and theoretical side of technology. Not too much exposure with how it intertwines with the human/socio-cultural aspect.

But it sounds fascinating really, and I would love to hear him talk about it more, esp. its practical applications (of course I would love to hear him talk about anything and everything at all lol).

3 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Let me quote myself from page 1954 which was on Sunday :biggrin:

I'd say Tuesday or Wednesday next week, since the general chat is less active on weekends!

Though I care more about page 1994 than 2000 :peekapooh:

20 pages for every 5-6 days... scary...

1 hour ago, Xen said:

same. The major sounds fascinating. Wonder if it is something like neuro-psychology, or neuro-linguistics, where you study psychology but need to back up theories with actual neurology studies. 

I'm more fascinated that whatever Yuzu's studying is in Japanese...of cos it's obvious that he would study in his native language, but I just can't phantom all the scientific terminology in Japanese. I wander if Yuzu need to do some thesis to graduate and if it's possible to show it to the public. Not that I'll understand anything though. :P

44 minutes ago, Killaa said:

:offtopic:or not :P

I just read the Facebook group is making a project for Yuzu's birthday, will we make one too? as our planet? 

or did something already started and I'm just so out of the loop because there's no news :laughing:

I don't think we've come up with something but if anyone has any ideas they're free to post them here on the forum :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: 

4 hours ago, MrPudding said:

This store even got the oly torch :smiley-laughing021:

That is so neat! But I wonder why use Let's Go Crazy instead of Chopin or Seimei lol. I know Japan very loves Seimei :tumblr_inline_mm2wbbdJC51qz4rgp: Instead they weird colour his LGC outfit lol

7 hours ago, katonice said:

I... I love how geeky that sounds :laughing:

I'm actually quite terrified 

6 hours ago, dancingnoodles said:

Wow does he major in both human infomatics and cognitive science? Because, damn... Double majors while training as full time athlete :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: He is not human :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Yep, that ^ His time-management must be Hermione-Granger-With-Timechanger-in-hand level of crazy. Add public appearances to the mix, and you get a packed 24/7 schedule. With his love for games, does he even sleep???