General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Arrrrrgh this always gets to me. I keep seeing people harping about it so I asked about it here thinking I might have missed a detail somewhere but I don't recall ever getting an answer.

Based on what I know, any records at set at Nats aren't WRs, no? Like even if he achieved a score higher than his current WR, it doesn't actually break the standing one as it's not an ISU- sanctioned score, right? So there's no such thing as WRs at Nats, right???? T.T Like even if he were to get a score higher than 223.something, it wouldn't really get a lot of recognition outside of Japan, no??? I mean any clean performance from him with a new high score is bound to get a lot of attention worldwide still but it wouldn't be the same kind of attention if it were an actual WR, yes? I get it if people were to say a new high score at Nats (or a higher score than current WR) but WR@Nats makes zero sense to me so when I see someone say it like it should, I always get thrown for a loop...

Yes anything at Nats doesn't count in the ISU.. :squishedPooh:

My comment was just to write about his stepping stone this season. It's not much about the records.. it's just my imagination what he'll show at each competition cause i believe he will show something at each competition :laughing: maybe it won't be a FS WR but he'll land 4Lz and 4Lo :10636614:

2 分, MrPuddingさんが言いました:

Yes anything at Nats doesn't count in the ISU.. :squishedPooh:

My comment was just to write about his stepping stone this season. It's not much about the records.. it's just my imagination what he'll show at each competition cause i believe he will show something at each competition :laughing: maybe it won't be a FS WR but he'll land 4Lz and 4Lo :10636614:

I thought maybe you meant a new high score but I wasn't sure if I was missing something and it can actually be considered a WR. 

2 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I thought maybe you meant a new high score but I wasn't sure if I was missing something and it can actually be considered a WR. 

Well considering what happen this GP with the injury and no GPF.. even if he does get a WR that isn't counted.. i won't be salty :sadPooh:

I'll just be sooo happy for him

Just now, MrPuddingさんが言いました:

Well considering what happen this GP with the injury and no GPF.. even if he does get a WR that isn't counted.. i won't be salty :sadPooh:

I'll just be sooo happy for him

Seeing that would automatically translate to a clean skate, I don't have a problem with the idea myself. =) And seeing as whatever scores he gets for that wouldn't be counted towards the WR, he wouldn't have the huge pressure of trying to best it at the next competition. There will be a bit of it, still, but it would be far from the overwhelming one he experienced back in 2015. He'll mostly only get a nice feeling of what it's like to skate this FS with whatever layout he's using then clean. If he does skate at the Nats at all, that is.  >.<

2 hours ago, MrPudding said:

come to think of it.. he:

1. SP WR at ACI

2. 4LZ at CoR

3. Amazing Clean Ex CoR

So maybe 

4.FS WR at Nationals

5. TOTAL WR at Olympics

:laughing::laughing:

Or just a clean streak until Worlds. That is okay too! :LOL:

I would rather he keep the WR score for olys :P better just skate clean and getting comfy with the layout for the big one! but get the JNats gold medal back after having to WD last season!! I am a greedy girl yes :pouty:

58 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

I would rather he keep the WR score for olys :P better just skate clean and getting comfy with the layout for the big one!

You know him... it's going to be extremely hard not to break any world records if he skates clean :biggrin:

1 hour ago, freeyafanfan said:

I would rather he keep the WR score for olys :P better just skate clean and getting comfy with the layout for the big one! but get the JNats gold medal back after having to WD last season!! I am a greedy girl yes :pouty:

in 2013/2014 he got over 103 points for SP at Nats and then 101.45 for SP at Olys. Just saying  :pouty: 

19 hours ago, getsurenka said:

Can anyone tell me the name of the spin at 2:54? Is it like a modified doughnut spin? I really like the look of it.

P.S.: Am I the only one who really like his costume and hairstyle in this program? Such a contrast to his image in his FS program that year.

100% would wear-Bad boy/underground her image with the proper amount of sparkles? I'm in.

I also don't know the name of this variation on camel spin (though, knowing FS geeks it's something like crib spin, boat spin or something xD), but yeah, he pulls it off nicely...

17 hours ago, kaeryth said:

:rofl:

Pedobird strikes back!

And definitely helps in cheering people up...

14 hours ago, MrPudding said:

Need to send that update to my biology teachers. HOW they could forget the most important part :xD:

5 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

You know him... it's going to be extremely hard not to break any world records if he skates clean :biggrin:

...Did we just literally admit that Yuzuru has a walking record breaker status in FS?

32 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

PLEASE LET HIM HAVE FUN AT NATS AND OLYS IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK :sadPooh:

*Peeks out at the mention of his name* Me? No the other Hanyu? Okay, back to game(???)*looks down*

This dork...

2 hours ago, sweetwater said:

A clip focusing on twizzle in Ballade No.1. Beautiful...

I've watched this a thousand times and it still kills me to death. How is it so wild and beautiful? The arrrrrrms! I don't know what to do so all I can do is laugh! He's amazing. UGHUGHUGHUGH! Ughhhh my heart. And I almost saw it with my own eyes. OwowowowowowowowowwwwwitstillhurtssomuchhowamIstillaliverightnow.