General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Kobe/Kyoto Prayer Tour :smiley-laughing021:

(One day tour by bus visiting Yuzuruha Shrine and Seimei shrine with lunch)

They never miss business opportunity :biggrin:

http://www.seibutravel.co.jp/category/parent_01/yuzuru.html

Wow, I like the way that they don't mention Yuzu's name, like they assume that everyone who joins this tour knows who to send prayers for... :snonegai:

On the other hand, the Hakutsuru Sake Online Shop, which sells the limited edition sake Yuzuruha for the winter holidays (Hakutsuru Breweries being under the protection of Yuzuruha Shrine), has the following blurb for the shrine:

http://www.hakutsuru.co.jp/lp/yuzuruha/

弓弦羽神社は、シンボルの「八咫烏(やたがらす)」が日本サッカー協会と同じであることや、日本初のサッカーチームが近隣ので御影師範学校で編成された地縁もあり、サッカーゆかりの神社、必勝祈願の神社としても有名です。

また、有名スケート選手の名前に似ているということからも話題になり多くの参拝者が訪れています。

(Translation)

Sharing the same symbol--the Yatagarasu, or the three legged crow--with the Japan Football Association, the Yuzuruha Shrine is also close to the Mikage Normal School where Japan's first soccer team was born. As such, the Yuzuruha Shrine has a deep affinity with the sport of soccer in Japan, with teams and players wishing for good luck.

Yuzuruha Shrine also sees a wave of visitors paying pilgrimage to it because of media attention from a famous figure skater bearing a similar name.

:notamused:

The reason they don't name him may be because they might know who they have to ask for permission... technically, his name is a brand name by now, but since he doesn't have an agency who handles his promo, they might not know who to ask. So rather than take a chance and hope nobody comes after them, they rather don't use it (especially when it's obvious enough). Although he has sort of publicly endorsed both Seimei and Yuzuruha shrines by making his visits there public, byproducts that result in financial gain using his name are subject to legal issues, I think...

1 hour ago, getsurenka said:

Can anyone tell me the name of the spin at 2:54? Is it like a modified doughnut spin? I really like the look of it.

P.S.: Am I the only one who really like his costume and hairstyle in this program? Such a contrast to his image in his FS program that year.

I'd wear it! He should bring this back as an EX. Car-driving choreography is always a winner (see: Yagudin) (What is it with Yagudin and mime-throwing cigarettes and cigars on the ground? PICK IT UP, BOY!)

No idea if that doughnut spin has a particular name but I agree, it's nice. Also, yay twizzles!