General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, getsurenka said:

Is it too selfish for me to hope that Olympics is the repeat of NHK 2015, and Worlds is GPF 2015? :peekapooh:

Haha, but no matter, I just hope he does his best and has no regrets at the end of the day.

I know what you mean, but I want him to blow everyone's minds at Olys. Of course, if he gives us two GPF2015 that would be awesome (and I would certainly die a happy death in Milan lol)

tumblr_ozncspn8a51tx73bgo1_1280.jpg

Found Yuzu mentioned as the first person to land a quadruple loop in the Guinness World Records 2018 book while I was out shopping today.

No nice photo of him this time, but I think we can expect to see him mentioned again in next year's edition with his Helsinki free skate and SP from ACI. If he does something special at the Olympics I think it'll end up in the next edition as the cut-off date for these edits seems to be January.

8 часов назад, Aotoshiro сказал:

Also, I noticed people spelling Misha with 'c' inside- can russian satellites provide some info on that? I thought it's миша not мища?

7 часов назад, Yatagarasu сказал:

Not Russian but I know that much, it's Misha, definitely no C there.

@Yatagarasuis absolutely right. This is short, more non-official form of the name, Misha (Миша). Long official form: Michaеl, as they usually transcribe it, or, more literally Mikhail (Михаил, "х" sounds like a breath out) I think, Mika derives from this, although it doesn't exist in Russian. But as for "c", I can only guess. Maybe it's a mixture of a long and short forms. 

Sorry for this off-topic in Yuzu's thread. 

44 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

@Yatagarasuis absolutely right. This is short, more non-official form of the name, Misha (Миша). Long official form: Michaеl, as they usually transcribe it, or, more literally Mikhail (Михаил, "х" sounds like a breath out) I think, Mika derives from this, although it doesn't exist in Russian. But as for "c", I can only guess. Maybe it's a mixture of a long and short forms. 

Sorry for this off-topic in Yuzu's thread. 

don't know anything about Russian nicknames but in German we use "sch" for the "sh" sound (like english -> englisch) so that might be where the c comes from? :shrug:

13 минут назад, axelnojutsu сказал:

don't know anything about Russian nicknames but in German we use "sch" for the "sh" sound (like english -> englisch) so that might be where the c comes from? :shrug:

Maybe. :smile:

But, anyway, Yuzu's last name suffers from "h" pronunciation even more. My "favorite" version is still French one (without "h" at all, sounds like "An'u"). I understand that this is no one's fault, just a linguistic feature, but first time it took me some seconds to understand, they actually announced Yuzu.