General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, fireovertheice said:

I have to say - and my bad if I made not clear enough - that Ambesi and Dofini are speaking their opinions about all this (but I wrote clearly: "following him", meaning Ambesi...and so forth), not pretending to know for sure what Yuzuru is thinking. The only thing that they seemed to know was about the presence of 4Lz in the programs of this year and in what he was training. But frankly, looking at the second part of last season, for the experts or in general for persons who follow constantly the discipline and Yuzu, It wasn't difficult to say that.

They don't said that Yuzuru was agonizing about that, but just what you have said. Because "He acknowledges it and searches for ways to conquer it", in the current situation he has to do two things; raising TES but at the same time trying to be clean as much as possibile. From here the new 4Lz, a little backloading in the second half of the programs and the revisitation of the old programs. He is not leaving back anything that could be possible let him down after.

Ambesi is saying that Yuzuru would add the 4Lz before Nathan and Shoma landed them (just right after Boyang did it). But I think that is probably true that if the 4Lo, GOE and PCS would be enough for a sure win, he would have not risked to train a new jump in the short season of OGM, IMO.

Ah, ok then. It did seem a bit weird they'd claim to know what Yuzu is feeling.

And I think @Joey is right and he had other plans that were set back by the accident and everything else that 2014-2015 season. So he may have done them earlier.

But it doesn't matter anymore.

I wonder what the atmosphere is going to be in Toronto next week... Javi's plan has proved functional so far, somewhat. He won over Yuzu, Nathan and Shoma twice this season, without having to be perfect, even if he's not going to GPF either. I wonder if this might give Brian more arguments in encouraging Yuzu to go along with his plan - no 4Lz - than his own. On the other hand, my impression is judges aren't as strict with Javi as they are with Yuzu, so their cases are still different.

Either way, I hope it will fire him up in a good way... (I want Nationals to be the equivalent of NHK 2015 and Olympics the equivalent of GPF 2015 :P And he needs to do short in the team event, so as not to risk his Seimei :P)

Any word yet on when Yuzu is heading back  to Toronto?  I think it would be good for him to stay in Japan until after his birthday on December 7, giving his hometown folk a chance to wish him a happy birthday.  Just think, he's about to turn 23.  How much has happened to him since that day back ten years ago when he became a teenager?  Ten years ago he was just finishing his last season competing on the Novice levels.  2008-2009 would mark his full entry into Junior level competition, which would last through the 2009-2010 season.  Yuzu would be sixteen when he would win the Junior World title and then would come the beginnings of his incredible Senior career.  I've only come to know Yuzu in the last few months.  I envy those who have followed him over these last ten years, growing up with him, seeing the change from the boy being interviewed by Japanese TV telling how he was aiming to win Olympic gold in the future, referring particularly to 2014, when he'd be 'about twenty', a change from an unknown skater to a living legend.  I still remember the remark of one commentator after his record-breaking SP at Sochi - "This is my first Olympics and I came to win".  How true those words turned out to be.  So now here are all of us waiting for any tidbits of information about his condition, about his intentions, about anything, actually.  Right now he is offstage and the world seems somehow emptier because of that.  Japanese Nationals can't come soon enough, although I hope they aren't too soon before his full recovery.  In any case I'm sure Yuzu is happy tonight - Javi won in France, beating Shoma, and Misha Ge, one of the most likable skaters (personality-wise and skating-wise) had his first podium finish in a Grand Prix event.  Perhaps these are omens of good fortune coming Yuzu's way once he's back out on the ice.  Knock on wood, cross your fingers and do any other little ritual you have to bring good luck to the center of our solar system.

41 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Either way, I hope it will fire him up in a good way... (I want Nationals to be the equivalent of NHK 2015 and Olympics the equivalent of GPF 2015 :P And he needs to do short in the team event, so as not to risk his Seimei :P)

Is it too selfish for me to hope that Olympics is the repeat of NHK 2015, and Worlds is GPF 2015? :peekapooh:

Haha, but no matter, I just hope he does his best and has no regrets at the end of the day.

Just now, micaelis said:

Any word yet on when Yuzu is heading back  to Toronto?

Beginning of this week, it also marks his ten days recovery period's final.

I was also a bit ??? at you saying that he became a teenager a decade ago, and then I went 'Ah...yeah, English' (We call people teens from eleven years of age, so I messed up :D)

Also, I noticed people spelling Misha with 'c' inside- can russian satellites provide some info on that? I thought it's миша not мища?

44 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

Is it too selfish for me to hope that Olympics is the repeat of NHK 2015, and Worlds is GPF 2015? :peekapooh:

Haha, but no matter, I just hope he does his best and has no regrets at the end of the day.

Which for him means skating clean with his intended layouts.  He couldn't even enjoy his world title as much because he was busy harping about his SP.  :facepalm: