General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, Joey said:

And honestly, 'our' hearts & health shouldn't be a main consideration point for him though. 

lol it was a joke, ofc I don't expect him to have regard to that

Also hm @fireovertheice - I'm actually wondering if he would debut an untested layout (especially a new jump) at the Olympics if he's not 100% by Nationals. He definitely could pull it off if the stars align but that would be an unprecedented level of YOLO lol. *To be fair, he'd have the team event

11 minutes ago, Joey said:

He definitely is! And he would have the team event to test it out, if he does the SP there, so...

@kiches, I bet it would be the solo jump. In the 2nd half would be crazy, and they can't switch stuff around so much given his rich choreo. So lutz spread eagle sandwich <3

Lol yes before news of the quad combo in the second half I thought it would be a lutz combo in the first half, maybe with 4Lo as the solo first jump. 

Even I think lutz combo in the second half  is a bit much (for now). Do we have any references for Yuzu and transitions into a 3Lz (in case it’s not a spread eagle)?

@kaerb frankly all this is just speculation among us without knowing actually what is his condition, how is going the healing process and how resuming training will procede in the next weeks. We all hope that he will be able to compete at Nationals (knock on wood !), but if, in the unfortunate case, he will not be able, OGM would be just the third competition this season (fourth if we consider the Team event for the short) and a YOLO for any variation of the layout.

3 minutes ago, kiches said:

Lol yes before news of the quad combo in the second half I thought it would be a lutz combo in the first half, maybe with 4Lo as the solo first jump. 

Event I think lutz combo in the second half  is a bit much (for now). Do we have any references for Yuzu and transitions into a 3Lz (in case it’s not a spread eagle)?

True, like his layout before was too.

Tbh I have no idea what transitions he did before, and being too lazy to look them up now... but he never did a spread eagle into a 3Lz. But then he never did that into his 3Lo either I think and then 4Lo happened with one. Not sure if I even want to know all the crazy stuff he practices :laughing:

5 minutes ago, Joey said:

True, like his layout before was too.

Tbh I have no idea what transitions he did before, and being too lazy to look them up now... but he never did a spread eagle into a 3Lz. But then he never did that into his 3Lo either I think and then 4Lo happened with one. Not sure if I even want to know all the crazy stuff he practices :laughing:

If I'm not wrong, he did SE-3Lz at World 2013? 

5 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I'm giggling imagining Chopin with a besti 4Lz.... I'll take the spread eagle :laughing:

It's gonna be a different Chopin (Fred :biggrin:) that's for sure. The thing with Yuzu is that you do see glimpses of what's in his head when you look at practices (either prior to competitions or in galas). I remember SC 2015 very well where SE-4S-SE was born... :13877886:

2 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

It's gonna be a different Chopin (Fred :biggrin:) that's for sure. The thing with Yuzu is that you do see glimpses of what's in his head when you look at practices (either prior to competitions or in galas). I remember SC 2015 very well where SE-4S-SE was born... :13877886:

beautiful opening notes to Ballade No 1 & Yuzu just nyooming from one side of the rink to another like

....then jumps the perfect 4Lz :goe:

(I think the SE works much better than a squat with those soft piano notes, visually, but like. if he wants to sell it to me, I'm open to buying :laughing: just let him be healthy and happy to do it)