General Yuzuru Chat

18 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

@PapiandPooh421 i love your icon!!! <3

and i totally agree with you - it seems like media is trying to stir up shit but i'm sure anyone with logic and sense aren't gonna fall for it

:pouty:Thank you. This is the effect of me missing the Overlord.

I can't with this rivalry thingy too. :6a6943826e43:. Maybe this rivalry is inevitable but to stir things up just because the other is not commenting about his "rival" is too much. They should just support both and quit starting a fire to split the fans into two.

I just want to add something more to the "fanyus-don't-care-about-other-skaters" discussion. It is true that many fans travel thousands of kilometers just to see Yuzu. Probably they wouldn't do that for others skaters. But in order to go to competitons you have to make some sacrifices:

1. money for tickets, hotels, flights and food

2. vacations days

3. time with your family

As much as I would like to go to more FS competitions I can afford only few of them. So I'll go only to the ones where my favourite skater competes. It is as simple as that.  Fans of other skaters probably do the same and there is nothing wrong with it. In Yuzuru's case it is more noticeable just because he has MANY fans.

22 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

two: it's wrong to generalize because i'm sure there are many yuzu fans out there who also love skating and other skaters.  just because yuzu was their starting point, it doesn't mean that they don't love or respect the sport as much as fans of other skaters do.  i can't speak for others but i for one actually love many skaters - i'm not an expert but i've loved watching figure skating since i was a kid.  it's just that yuzu happens to be special and one that i like more!  :smile:

This is me... long time fs fan....but instant love when I first saw Yuzuru skate...he's my NUMBER one but I watch lots of others...and pairs, dance etc..:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

lol come on nothing interesting about it :laughing: shoma didn't say anything wrong, I can't with media stirring rivalries :dry:

he probably already wished yuzu to get well soon on their japanese skaters line chat group anyway, there's no need to do it in public after a week :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

I'm drawing attention to a thread started by Yata in Igloo World called Creating a Community.   I love the response you're giving to whoever was trying to stir up some trouble over SUs response to a media question- no rabid fanyu mass attack, just a measured calm reasonable reaction - it makes me think that the vision set out in that other thread is entirely possible, which is very comforting to me.

Spoiler

8 hours ago, sublimeskating said:

JDAq2hu.jpg

http://twitter.com/amateur_pixels

yuzu: *STARE* (thinking) mine, dammit!!!

nathan (thinking): wtf dude... hey, ain't nobody takin' my medal from me...!

meanwhile mikhail is oblivious to this and is the only one taking the customary podium picture normally

Mihail is more like: don't look to the right, don't look to the right, you see nothing, you don't know these two guys :biggrin:

7 hours ago, org said:

It's too late, and useless because I know the image of costumes is so important for him to jump. But I'd like to recommend Kachiiro --- Japanese traditional color --- to Ballad No1.

The Kachiiro, darker than dark blue, it is the deep blue of appreciable black.
the reading of “Kachi = wins” was preferred among samurai. In also Sendai, It's the traditional win-color. I imagine the Ballad no1 costume in deep blue and gold, It's so beautiful and proper.

However, I love the new Ballad no1 costume so I don't mind. 

Is that Kachiiro by any chance the color of his clothes on the adults ceremony photoshoot (the one where fans posed an idea that his family's emblem is a bit similar to the emblem of the family opposing Oda Nobunaga, and loled a bit at the fact that Yuzu and Nobu are bffs)

5 hours ago, xeyra said:

I'm kind of sad about no 4CC. 

there is no 4cc...but nobody said anything about other competitions between...

5 hours ago, MrPudding said:

Good to have Brian back:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Lol everyone must've put focus on 4CC and Brian just literally cut the rumours..:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

And it's a ligamen stretch, does anyone know what is the difference?

I hope our doctors (or medicine students) on duty correct me, but isn't that the first stage of ligament injury? The lightest one, where most of the treatment consist of icing the injured area and rest to the joint? It needed 10 days according to the doctors, so it could be stretched harder than usual (in sprain, you need about three days?), but that was it.

Anyway, good news!

4 hours ago, Sammie said:

I don’t get it either. :scratch2: It seem like a honest answer to me. Not saying too much for reporters to spin his words. :shrug:

Is there something else that I’m not getting. :slinkaway:

You are getting everything, it's the media that don't get the idea of being rivals but not dead enemies. Shocking!

3 hours ago, PapiandPooh421 said:

Saw the Shoma comment on Twitter. It seems that they're trying to spin it like Shoma doesn't care about Yuzu or his recovery. Tbh, it doesn't look that way. Imo it's just Shoma being mum with the issue because he sees it as something that doesn't concern him and also maybe he didn't want to burden Yuzu more of expectations of fast recovery. The media's spinning with their narratives again. That's just my opinion though:shrug:

No, it's not just your opinion, it's sad truth. Reminder of Sochi narratives in Japanese media: "Japanese ace Daisuke Takahashi threatened by young prodigy Yuzuru Hanyu." They just switch the names, but narrative stays the same. Plus, it's actually insensitive of them to ask Shoma about other skater just before HIS competition. I mean, wouldn't we all be :snbleh: if somebody asked Yuzu before Nationals for example "And what do you think about the Nathan's Chen announcement on not adding quads* to his programs for US Nats?" I mean-dude, where are we, before US Nats or JN?

*Different to Max I have no inside sources from Nathan's training base so I have no idea what his plans are for this season. This example is pure imagination on my side. Bonus points for IK ask on one of the answers in which she requested an explanation on how the heck is anything Shoma said controversive. Interesting, yes, it's a different perspective, one more fitted to a fan if I'm honest (could it be Shoma talked with Sota before interview? xD), but the only thing controversial is the way media try to fit it into their narrative,

2 hours ago, sublimeskating said:

two: it's wrong to generalize because i'm sure there are many yuzu fans out there who also love skating and other skaters.  just because yuzu was their starting point, it doesn't mean that they don't love or respect the sport as much as fans of other skaters do.  i can't speak for others but i for one actually love many skaters - i'm not an expert but i've loved watching figure skating since i was a kid.  it's just that yuzu happens to be special and one that i like more!  :smile:

Just on this Planet I talked with people who admitted to getting interested in FS since Katarina Witt times, some expressed their undying love for John Curry's skating. I don't think Yuzu had the power to attract these fans before even being born, no matter how much we joke about him being an alien.

Then there are Yuzuru fans who know more about ice dance and Pairs skating than some of the commentators... and I'm pretty sure that, no matter how wild this Planet gets sometimes, there is no Yuzuru/Hanyu or Hanyu/Yuzuru pair in any of this events (that being said, it would be joke of the year if somebody got a Yuzuru as their surname and paired with somebody named Hanyu just to create ultimate pun of FS)

What @Floria has said is also true-FS is not only an expensive sport to do, it's also expensive to watch, so priorities have to be made- my first competition watched live will probably end up being jGP or challenger series in my own country, and I know it's going to cost me a lot already-I don't want to think how much the fans have to spend to be just at those 3-4 competitions their fave is taking part in. If they have more faves...*shivers*

On a sidenote we have so many emoticons I don't know half of them, somebody crash course me through their meanings please! :laughing:

4 hours ago, PapiandPooh421 said:

Saw the Shoma comment on Twitter. It seems that they're trying to spin it like Shoma doesn't care about Yuzu or his recovery. Tbh, it doesn't look that way. Imo it's just Shoma being mum with the issue because he sees it as something that doesn't concern him and also maybe he didn't want to burden Yuzu more of expectations of fast recovery. The media's spinning with their narratives again. That's just my opinion though. :shrug:

And Shoma isn't as experienced with dealing with the media as Yuzu is. He just recovered from a flu not too long ago, just leave the poor boy alone.

3 hours ago, kaerb said:

A really lovely sentiment and an important one, and good to hear about NHK (despite drop in TV viewership numbers). While I don't deny there is a huge gulf between Yuzu and my next 'favourite' skater, I'm so glad he was my 'gateway drug' so to speak in learning to appreciate and enjoy the skills of all the competitors and appreciate the sport as its own entity, on top of my appreciation for Yuzu in particular as a skater and person. Thank you @gladi for the translation as always!

Same! When I mentioned Yuzu's withdrawal from NHK, my friends asked, ' What about Milan?'

' I'm going to Milan no matter what. I want this vacation. He's the only one I'm crazy about, but there are other skaters whom I enjoy. It'll just be a stress free event for me if he's not there. I'll only be very sad if he's not there cos of *touchwood* injuries. '

I've never been a sports person, but thanks to Yuzu, I've come to appreciate figure skating for what it is.

2 hours ago, sublimeskating said:

exactly!  :2thumbsup:

i believe in fair competition and friendly rivalry, and think healthy competition drive the skaters to improve

as long as there's good sportsmanship and everything is kept friendly and civil, i don't see any sense in trying to stir shit up

also, fan wars are just stupid and a waste of time

why not spend that time enjoying the beauty of skating instead?

i'm sure if the skaters see their fans getting into fan wars in their name, they'd just shake their heads and be like :slinkaway:

Figure skating is such a small community and many skaters are friends. Imagine someone else fighting for you and your best friend when you love each other. :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

Figure skating is such a small community and many skaters are friends. Imagine someone else fighting for you and your best friend when you love each other. :facepalm:

It's like, when you're in class, and you and your benchmate are regularly switching on the best scores for the tests. You like it, you're happy when they do good and when you do good they are happy too, you're talking and playing together on breaks etc...and then the group you're helping with one subject starts talking shit about this friend of yours because they did better on the last exam than you. I'm pretty sure you'd be 'Whaaaa-' all the time at them. That's why bashing is so weird (to say the least...).

19 minutes ago, Floria said:

ETA From automatic translation of other tweets I understand that 4Lz will probably stay according to Brian, but I am not sure if he actually said that.

Really. Everyone should realise that if NHK was the Olympics, he would've just skated.. but because he's grown now he thinks more maturely. 

lol poor Brian being bombarded with questions about Yuzu when he's not even there :rofl: