General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Wth words like "agonizing" and "disappointed", I took it that you wanted to sound like you were complaining but were really jesting. Which was why  I was using the term "complaining" loosely. Guess it didn't come through seeing as text based messages can be rather limiting.

Ah, well, I guess we both misunderstood each other's tone then :81:

10 分, axelnojutsuさんが言いました:

Ah, well, I guess we both misunderstood each other's tone then :81:

I don't think I understood you wrong, though. Your word choices tell me that you deliberately wanted to sound upset but actually weren't and were really kidding. So I think I got you. But I failed in communicating my end of the humor. So, sorry about that, I guess.

17 分, Hydrobladeさんが言いました:

Yep, those ones. I do cheat on some kanji too but i always write 羽 with diagonal strokes because otherwise it doesn't look like wings to me :slinkaway:

I write it the same way you do, too. So I guess I feel your pain. And well, dude's a numbers guy so I guess that explains a little why his writing is all at straight and sharp angles and looks blocky, lol. And I think his roman letters are rounded because any language that's not Japanese and doesn't involve kanji is probably still a vague concept to him. xxD

1 hour ago, Aotoshiro said:

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: for each and every of the uncles and Yuzu.

Once or twice a week, thoughn in a five-to-six days training regime, even assuming they do not share most of their practice times. 

Both Javi and Brian consider it more of a refreshing, switch from the normal move. I don't know how much of Javi's 'there's tension-not between me and Yuzu, but in the club overal' comes from his knowledge about Yuzuru's popularity and how much out of sincerity, but I believe into Brian's experience-with both Yuna, and his own experience from battle of Brians. Weren't he and Boitano friends too? Of course being friends doesn't equal training on the same ice, but I really think we're putting too much into that change. It might as well be that the practice time became more crowded, and Gabby and Javi are less likely to get recognized/approached by frenzied fans on the other rink than Yuzu or JunHwan, whose countries are crazy about skating (plus, Brian probably don't trust their ability to navigate through the Toronto, no matter what). Okay, or maybe Gabby is just less likely to be approached because they don't want to distract THEIR medal hopeful.

No, the two Brians were most certainly NOT friends. Where in the world did you get that idea? Orser used to laugh dismissively at interviewers who asked him that. That loss was particularly painful for him because the results were so close.

And I think Brian has been pretty clear as to why he is training Javi on separate ice. To his credit, he hasn't tried to sugarcoat it. 

When there are millions of dollars in endorsements on the line, there is a limit to how friendly a competitor is likely to be with their fellow competitors. Many have made much recently of Ashley Wagner's friendship with Gracie Gold. But that only happened after Gracie was no longer a threat to her--which is perfectly understandable.

:offtopic:

I think TCC's media game is strong this year, and it makes me proud to know Yuzu has his team behind him.

My initial reaction when we learned about Yuzu's WD from NHK and that he did it with tears was, Why'd Briand have to reveal that Yuzu was crying when making his decision? (also mixed with, Oh no my bby was crying! T_T). In hindsight, it probably helped the disappointed sponsors, media, fans, & etc. understand how hard of a choice this was for him even if it was the right choice.

1 hour ago, meoima said:

Nah I am sure had NHK this time were the Olympic, he would have skated.

He WD mainly because his aim is the Olympic, and he should not sacrifice 2 competitions he has won several times for the competition he wants the most.  

Yes, once he goes to Olympics, nothing can stop him from competing. The way he accepts his situation may have improved as you said but his stubbornness and his samurai spirit have never changed. I think he accepted to withdraw mainly because he accepted the fact this time he really let injury prevent him from competing. He definitely looked into the fact that the Olympics are coming soon and he should throw a sprat to catch a mackerel but it's not the main reason for withdrawal, it may be just a reason which he sees as one of the ways to comfort himself. That's the reason why he had to take such a long time to decide to withdraw. 

15 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

:offtopic:

I think TCC's media game is strong this year, and it makes me proud to know Yuzu has his team behind him.

My initial reaction when we learned about Yuzu's WD from NHK and that he did it with tears was, Why'd Briand have to reveal that Yuzu was crying when making his decision? (also mixed with, Oh no my bby was crying! T_T). In hindsight, it probably helped the disappointed sponsors, media, fans, & etc. understand how hard of a choice this was for him even if it was the right choice.

Hmm I honestly think that part was Briand's lack of experience with being a coach and talking with media on behalf of his students

Also brb crying again

11 minutes ago, robin said:

Hmm I honestly think that part was Briand's lack of experience with being a coach and talking with media on behalf of his students

Also brb crying again

I know. I thought so too. :smiley-laughing021: Like, why would you reveal something so personal like that? And it was lack of shrewdness on his part, or maybe he was as shaken as Yuzu.

But it helped calm the media down, I think. Of course, him being injured should have been enough, but for some people it never is.

10 hours ago, MrPudding said:

May this cutie have fun and enjoy his time again this time round :10636614:

What a fanboy. And now he has his own. 

9 hours ago, PapiandPooh421 said:

I hope the whole planet have a bonding time with Plushy and together we'll fangirl/fanboy about Zuzu.

My old fave stanning for my current fave who stanned for my old fave. It's just a lot, you guys!! :embSwan:

2 hours ago, wpisces said:

No, i believe if he had have been able to skate, he would had competed. At that time, he had no choice but to withdraw. 

I think that's the difference in current Yuzu vs '14 Yuzu. '14 one wouldn't know what 'had no choice but to withdraw' mean if applied to his personaif POTO season is any indicator :laughing: 

2 hours ago, Smultron said:

Have you guys seen this? :laughing: (the first part, lol) 

Hide contents

I KNEW I SAW HOPE AND LEGACY SHOOTING STARS SOMEWHERE. :thanks: for finding it, knowing my skills it would be forever lost...

2 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Yep, those ones. I do cheat on some kanji too but i always write 羽 with diagonal strokes because otherwise it doesn't look like wings to me :slinkaway:

Aaah the crisis of cheating on kanjis...when you get your test back with failed half of signs because of wrong strokes length etc. only to move on to the grammar lesson with the native that doesn't give a damn it's supposed to be two separate strokes, not one continuous line.... Yuzu's wings remind me of what husaria added to their saddles, that never looked like natural wings :biggrin: 

1 hour ago, GreatLakesGal said:

No, the two Brians were most certainly NOT friends. Where in the world did you get that idea? Orser used to laugh dismissively at interviewers who asked him that. That loss was particularly painful for him because the results were so close.

From this little thing, I prefer to give the floor to the gentlemen themselves, even if it seems like it was recorded after Olys. Sorry for not embedding links Also, if somebody ever say Yuzu didn't took the leaf from Brian's costumes...the sparkles.

In regards to dissmissing the interviewers, I think Calgary happened before Brian's partner outed him, but I still feel like it was some kind of self (and other Brian's) protection system(can't say for sure, though, I didn't exist during that era just yet, so it's personal opinion I guess). With all sympathy to its writers (says one of them), but just look at Yuzuvier tag on AO3 and this is all happening with just the comments of Yuzu and Javi being good friends, and being respectful to each other (and not necessarily hanging out after practices, they kept highlighting that). I cannot say for sure if LGBT position has really gotten better since then, but I imagine that in 88' such suspicions would be a career-killer. Today, it's only a silly fantasy of some fans- maybe possible blunder in on-ice friendship if Javi stumbled on the tag on instagram or something.

Spoiler

Also, I'm sorry but which part of figure skating receive millions of dollars, because I'm pretty sure that JTV did a comparision somewhere and Worlds' accumulated money reward equals reward of B category tennis event (or was that tennis? Damn, come on links, come back to me...). Unless you mean Japanese. Then yes, I'm willing to believe they spend more than that on their skaters and anything, literally anything related to them. Still salty on our soccer team receiving more money than Volleyball and ski-jumping in which we are actually good, so this paragraph should be read with a mouthful of salt.

1 hour ago, Aotoshiro said:

but just look at Yuzuvier tag on AO3

Can we not just go to that? Let's say that I've stumbled upon this once and I got traumatized on how graphic it is. :facepalm:

30 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

I know it's short. I know some will be kinda disappointed. But... But... 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I need a hug!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭