General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, meoima said:

Actually, Yuzuru has become much more mature over the years. His pattern remains the same, but the way he accepts his situation has improved. He accepted to WD from NHK, it's HUGE. Yuzuru in 2014 would never do that. But Yuzuru in 2017 agreed to do that. He has grown. All these changes will be useful for the Olympics.  

The media is already writing him off already if you read FS articles nowadays. Ask Phil Hersh or Jackie Wong. Of course, they will pay attention to him, but he will not be the only guy who gets the only hype. Other guys will get that too. I have seen Kwan messed up her Olympic, I also saw Plushenko messed up his first Olympic too. So yes... The Olympic hype is like nothing else.

Olympic pressure makes you do something uncharacteristic the most, if you're a psychiatric nurse you know that.

No, i believe if he had have been able to skate, he would had competed. At that time, he had no choice but to withdraw. 

4 minutes ago, wpisces said:

No, i believe if he had have been able to skate, he would had competed. At that time, he had no choice but to withdraw. 

Nah I am sure had NHK this time were the Olympic, he would have skated.

He WD mainly because his aim is the Olympic, and he should not sacrifice 2 competitions he has won several times for the competition he wants the most.  

12 minutes ago, meoima said:

Nah I am sure had NHK this time were the Olympic, he would have skated.

He WD mainly because his aim is the Olympic, and he should not sacrifice 2 competitions he has won several times for the competition he wants the most.  

I agree, he has skated through worse injuries so he could if he really wanted to. He made himself skate through CoC to defend his 1st GPF title. And I think Han Yan went back on ice cos Yuzu did.

Now he's giving up his chance for the 5th consecutive GPF win.

One thing I appreciate about Team Cricket is that no matter what happens, they treat their athletes as adults and let them make their own decisions. They wouldn't force Yuzu to do anything, although sometimes they try to convince him of one direction. But ultimately, it's up to Yuzu.

1 時間前, Hydrobladeさんが言いました:

:13877886:the way he writes 羽 is painful to me haha. And i always find it funny that for some reason his 生 in his last name is smaller than the rest of the characters :P

His writing in Japanese is very angular but his roman letters are all roundish. Lol. Talk about duality. 

I don't have this problem with「生」but I do have it with certain other kanji like「五」so「平昌五輪」would inevitably end up looking like「平昌輪」when I write it out. Lol. It's quite frustrating.

1 時間前, Xenさんが言いました:

I'm probably more of the opinion that the tension between Nats and Olys is probably closer to NHK and GPF 2015. And he has experience in dealing with that.  Though at J Nats, Yuzu would have even lower expectations than normal from the press. Sure people expect a comeback, but I don't know if people expect him to break WR at JNats, especially if Shoma does well in the GP series. No one has defined "comeback" yet, and since he just recovered I am thinking people may even not expect him to "show up" for JNats, and certainly not peak.I think so long as he shows up on ice, it'd be considered a comeback. The pressure this season is actually more self-made by Yuzu, not necessarily as press driven as Shanghai and Boston (especially since he never told anyone that he had any injuries, baka Yuzu).

I thought WRs don't exist for National Championships since they aren't under the jurisdiction of ISU? But whatever records are set there would be national records, I reckon, in which case, what are the current ones and whose are they? I know the SP one likely is his but I dunno about FS and overall.

1 時間前, Xenさんが言いました:

Edit: I almost forgot. People mix the pressure from the press, and the pressure that fans heap on him. But Yuzu gains motivation from the fans pressure, as he said himself that the pressure from fans is not a burden. I wondered how this would make sense, but in a way he is right. Pressure from fans, and from the skating community/friends is a "pressure" borne from sincerity, and a well-wishing type of expectation from actual respect and love. It is unconditional genuine respect and love. The pressure from the normal press (he does not particularly care for) is a different type that is less sincere, and just "nosy" strings attached curiosity and adoration. The first type right now from fans and friends, is helping him balance the latter negative type from the press. At least that's what I think and believe in. =)

I think that's cos most fans, the ones who earnestly root for him, really only want for him what he wants for himself. So it's different. ^^

1 時間前, axelnojutsuさんが言いました:

I can't believe I was agonizing over the angle and length of those 4 little strokes and here he just draws 4 straight lines I'm disappointed Zu :idk:

「羽 」is a 6-stroke kanji, though...? 

3 分, axelnojutsuさんが言いました:

I know, I'm specifically talking about strokes 2, 3, 5 & 6 

The diagonal ones? Which you and Hydro are complaining he cheats on by making them vertical instead? Lol. So long as it's legible I guess. This cheat technique is quite common with native writers who aren't picky about calligraphy, I think. 

3 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

The diagonal ones? Which you and Hydro are complaining he cheats on by making them vertical instead? Lol. So long as it's legible I guess. This cheat technique is quite common with native writers who aren't picky about calligraphy, I think. 

Yep, those ones. I do cheat on some kanji too but i always write 羽 with diagonal strokes because otherwise it doesn't look like wings to me :slinkaway:

6 分, axelnojutsuさんが言いました:

I'm not complaining about it though? I just thought it was funny :shrug:

With words like "agonizing" and "disappointed", I took it that you wanted to sound like you were complaining but were really jesting. Which was why  I was using the term "complaining" loosely. Guess it didn't come through seeing as text based messages can be rather limiting.