General Yuzuru Chat

13 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Even if I had gone to the sendai photo exhibition already I would go again just to see the new pictures of Yuzu at the place and his sweet multiple thank you's. Unfortunately I'm across the world. I wonder if Yuzu having been there will help boost attendance a bit.

It apparently will. People will be curious about the new pictures and his handwriting. 

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

@SparkleSalad Are you home and recovered from your travels? I know it was disappointing not to see Yuzu (understatement of the year) but Jason's ex and Adam's short, not to mention Voronov, make it seem a little better in hindsight, I hope. :) And the ema you left, and the prayers... I believe they'll be part of what keeps Yuzu motivated and positive as he recovers.

And the hiatus people need to hire subeditors.

I tell you Deniss was the star. I was so mesmerised I couldn't clap until the end and then too much (that's why I'm so dead now.) I must see his master, Stephane, as many times as I can before he retires or I die! God I wish they had let Stephane compete in Yuzu's place. He's my other favourre of all time. 

Still in Japan! Trying to make the most of Kyoto though still recovering from gala and Yuzuruha shrine so a lot of it is enjoying view of hotel ceiling from bed. I think I'm over the disappointment now, or just did the denial thing backwards. :biggrin: 

I'm just so relieved to hear his recovery will be short. I was so scared. Friday was a nightmare not knowing how he was. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: The thing that made me go to Yuzuruha, though, was seeing him try not to cry through that interview (and of course at that time the recovery length still wasn't known.) It just broke my heart. The absolute hardest part of rehab is the mental and emotional which is why I thought I should go and pray and give as much support as I could even if it's just a tiny drop in the ocean. I recognised his words - focusing on small goals, not the past or the future which can't be helped - because that's what you get told to focus on in rehab. But when your goal is to conquer the world it's such a frustrating and difficult thing to bear. But he's done it before and he'll do it again. I still believe in his miraculous powers. :P

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I tell you Deniss was the star. I was so mesmerised I couldn't clap until the end and then too much (that's why I'm so dead now.) I must see his master, Stephane, as many times as I can before he retires or I die! God I wish they had let Stephane compete in Yuzu's place. He's my other favourre of all time. 

Still in Japan! Trying to make the most of Kyoto though still recovering from gala and Yuzuruha shrine so a lot of it is enjoying view of hotel ceiling from bed. I think I'm over the disappointment now, or just did the denial thing backwards. :biggrin: 

I'm just so relieved to hear his recovery will be short. I was so scared. Friday was a nightmare not knowing how he was. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: The thing that made me go to Yuzuruha, though, was seeing him try not to cry through that interview (and of course at that time the recovery length still wasn't known.) It just broke my heart. The absolute hardest part of rehab is the mental and emotional which is why I thought I should go and pray and give as much support as I could even if it's just a tiny drop in the ocean. I recognised his words - focusing on small goals, not the past or the future which can't be helped - because that's what you get told to focus on in rehab. But when your goal is to conquer the world it's such a frustrating and difficult thing to bear. But he's done it before and he'll do it again. I still believe in his miraculous powers. :P

For a silly boy, which he can be quite often, he is an incredibly strong person. I am sure that this one will seem far less demanding than his other injuries and rehabs. Very painful at the time, but easier to recover from. I hope. No jinx, please, whichever goddess is listening.

Make the most of the rest of your time in Kyoto, without tiring yourself out so much that it all becomes one big blur. I've made that mistake on vacations and wished I'd spent more time in the hotel room, staring at the ceiling. Then I come back and wish I could have a vacation to recover from the vacation, but I was so rushed that all I really remember accurately, ironically, is the hotel room's ceiling. :/

Tbh my favourite part of Deniss's programmes is the kiss and cry. I mean, I love watching him skate even if he doesn't always land his jumps (but I'm getting on the beautiful jumps or no jumps train now, what middle ground, I don't recognise such a thing), but seeing him and Stephane together makes me so happy.

However your stages of grief are working, I'm glad you're feeling better!

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

For a silly boy, which he can be quite often, he is an incredibly strong person. I am sure that this one will seem far less demanding than his other injuries and rehabs. Very painful at the time, but easier to recover from. I hope. No jinx, please, whichever goddess is listening.

Make the most of the rest of your time in Kyoto, without tiring yourself out so much that it all becomes one big blur. I've made that mistake on vacations and wished I'd spent more time in the hotel room, staring at the ceiling. Then I come back and wish I could have a vacation to recover from the vacation, but I was so rushed that all I really remember accurately, ironically, is the hotel room's ceiling. :/

Tbh my favourite part of Deniss's programmes is the kiss and cry. I mean, I love watching him skate even if he doesn't always land his jumps (but I'm getting on the beautiful jumps or no jumps train now, what middle ground, I don't recognise such a thing), but seeing him and Stephane together makes me so happy.

However your stages of grief are working, I'm glad you're feeling better!

Getting super OT here but:

Thank you! It's already a massive blur and seems like I've been here a lifetime but if I spent all the time I needed resting I wouldn't leave the hotel at all! I'm just dying to get back home and lie in bed for 10 years and eat fooooooood.

I died at the Deniss and Stephane interview. It was sad seeing that they finally came around to coach-cam and Brian wasn't there, though!

Back on topic:

:peekapooh::pouty::winky::knc_yuzu2::kitty::headdesk:

4 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Getting super OT here but:

Thank you! It's already a massive blur and seems like I've been here a lifetime but if I spent all the time I needed resting I wouldn't leave the hotel at all! I'm just dying to get back home and lie in bed for 10 years and eat fooooooood.

I died at the Deniss and Stephane interview. It was sad seeing that they finally came around to coach-cam and Brian wasn't there, though!

Back on topic:

:peekapooh::pouty::winky::knc_yuzu2::kitty::headdesk:

Foooooood

I'm taking a break from a massive deadline rush because my eye is literally twitching, but I don't think being on the forum helps with that.

To bring us back on topic, of course,

:pouty::war::ohno::darklordyuzu:

Really, he is so loved. This much positivity sent out into the universe for him, it has to have an impact. I hope he feels it.

8 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Really, he is so loved. This much positivity sent out into the universe for him, it has to have an impact. I hope he feels it.

He is! It’s so overwhelming to witness all the love and support just as a fan. I’m sure he can feel it! It’s really something so special and incredible that I can’t think of this injury as a completely terrible thing. 

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

He is! It’s so overwhelming to witness all the love and support just as a fan. I’m sure he can feel it! It’s really something so special and incredible that I can’t think of this injury as a completely terrible thing. 

Well, like I said a lifetime ago during pop-Seimie at ACI, I really don't think we have to worry about him peaking too early!

Just now, WinForPooh said:

Well, like I said a lifetime ago during pop-Seimie at ACI, I really don't think we have to worry about him peaking too early!

That too! I hope his dream comes true, I really do, but even if it doesn’t I think this has shown he’s loved and regarded as the greatest no matter the colour of the medal. :7938863: (CoR proved it, too. How many seconds of screen time did the winner get at the gala? :P)

So now the speculation to Nat or not to Nat.  He'll go to Nationals, just because he needs to psychologically.  He needs to test himself against Shoma before PC and Japanese Nationals would be ideal since the contest there would be essentially a two-person event.  Everything else would be irrelevant, not only to Yuzu but to virtually everyone else.  It would be a showdown at sunrise, waiting for the main showdown at high noon come Pyeongchang.  I think Brian would be of much the same mind.  As to Shoma, he's in France this weekend and I will want to see how he does there.  Back to Yuzu - I think Yuzu will go to Nationals and then his next event will be PC.  He doesn't want to risk reinjury or the stress of dealing with a competition that is essentially meaningless in the long-range look of things, so there will be nothing in-between.  Nationals is comparatively inconsequential except for the fact he needs to know how he does vis-a-vis Shoma.  I know everybody else thinks there are several other skaters who threaten Yuzu at PC, but only if he skates poorly and they skate brilliantly.  Shoma is the only one who this season can defeat Yuzu if the two of them are both skating in relatively the same physical and psychological condition.  I remember something Shoma said in an interview in where he said the closeness of his score at Worlds this year made him realize that he could beat Yuzu, something he had figured impossible before then.  I think Yuzu knows of that interview and he's taken that to heart.  He knows who his competition is.  I'm sure he's watched every one of Shoma's skates this season.  The one thing we should remember is this - when Yuzu sees someone who skates close to his level (remember how Boyang's quads back when made Yuzu double down on his own) he uses that as his motivation to reach yet another level that the world has not seen before, both from him and from anybody else.  I think much the same happened at Sochi where his defeat of Patrick at the GPF made him aware that Patrick could be beaten.  I'm beginning to think that Yuzu needs a concrete competitor to motivate him, though I think the motivation is not so much to skate better than that particular rival but to skate better than he himself could skate before.  It's the instigation to once again make him psychologically determined to be the 'absolute champion', the GOAT.