General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, SSS said:

http://www.chunichi.co.jp/chuspo/article/sports/news/CK2017111302000032.html

fml, another round of disaster to me...

so, someone please translate it. I am dead.

To conclude, it is a talk between Kobayashi from JSF and Shirota san.

It seems that after 10 days of rest, 3-4 weeks back to normal (competition condition) is HARD. and they don't know how close the accuracy of Axel, Toe and Sal will be compared to the ones he jump in best condition... Adjusting/practicing loop, flip and lz needs to be carefully handled. :sadPooh:4lz in national...They will respect and support Yuzu's decision.

He went to Tokyo to cure his leg. National Sports Science Center in Tokyo. No TCC?????:sadPooh:

Tokyo National Sports Science Center (where Satoko rehab her injury) is promised to support him, but it doesn't necessarily mean he will go there.

My assumption is he'll go back to TCC (btw, he did his recovery in Canada last year, right?)

The only concrete fact of that part is he needs 10 days of rest, 3-4 weeks to recover since he mentioned it himself. Other than that, *shrugs*

2 hours ago, marlet said:

This make me remember of a picture that was shared in a whatsapp group I'm following, it's quite funny :laughing:

https://imgur.com/a/gFjUa

credits to the owner, hope she doesn't mind me sharing here:smiley-happy085:

Is that a snapchat filter? :smiley-laughing021:   And although it looks a bit strange, but I think Yuzu will still look handsome with moustache, though he's much cuter and also more handsome without =P

2 hours ago, Xen said:

have some faith in his body too. He has amazing stamina for a boy with asthma. Also go check out some of the injuries the other guys had, Nate has already had surgery, Vincent had to remove some of his kneecap I heard, Plush had surgery on his spine.  Yuzu has had some scary ones, but at least all the known ones appear less than some of the other guys jumping quads.

And it's ok for them to continue jumping quads like that despite those injuries?:slinkaway:   The quad era is exciting, but the potential long-term health impacts scare me...:slinkaway:

1 hour ago, Anony said:

I remember a quote by Kikuchi-san I think? Where someone asked him what he thought Yuzuru's greatest strength is and his answer was sincerity, and that Yuzuru is a very sincere boy and that sincerity is his best weapon.

He's so right, Yuzuru might loose points with *certain* casuals bc of his lack of PR presence and just generally being the butt of all bashing (:facepalm:), but he wins over so many supporters by just presenting himself plainly

also excuse the fact that I've been rly soft lately, I'm just.................. this alien mutant faerie angel vampire prince(did I miss anything?) called Yuzuru Hanyu is such a blessing that the world doesn't deserve but somehow managed to obtain

That's how I feel too :sadPooh:

1 hour ago, the50person said:

That last line! :smiley-laughing021:  :angrypooh::angrypooh::angrypooh:

6 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

And it's ok for them to continue jumping quads like that despite those injuries?:slinkaway:   The quad era is exciting, but the potential long-term health impacts scare me...:slinkaway:

A lot of that was pre-quads, and wear and tear would happen to your knee and ankle anyways. Think even for single jumps you land with a force impact of about three times your weight, so even single jumps can cause strain eventually. This is why knee action and ankle flexibilty and good technique  is important, to minimize the existing strain the body already faces;  and why I have kittens watching the jumps of some other skaters at times.

I logged back in n ppl are seriously wondering if 'jsf favoring other skater' would mean yuzu not going to make oly..... when there are 3 spots..... This is so bizzare lmao

Also, he wasnt no 1 in world standings going to sochi either so it literally does not matter (he didn't even skate sp in the last group....)

19 minutes ago, swanbeau said:

I logged back in n ppl are seriously wondering if 'jsf favoring other skater' would mean yuzu not going to make oly..... when there are 3 spots..... This is so bizzare lmao

Also, he wasnt no 1 in world standings going to sochi either so it literally does not matter (he didn't even skate sp in the last group....)

pretty sure he was no1. since 2013... but meh my memory is not reliable. not that it matters 

33 minutes ago, Xen said:

A lot of that was pre-quads, and wear and tear would happen to your knee and ankle anyways. Think even for single jumps you land with a force impact of about three times your weight, so even single jumps can cause strain eventually. This is why knee action and ankle flexibilty and good technique  is important, to minimize the existing strain the body already faces;  and why I have kittens watching the jumps of some other skaters at times.

I hope Zuzu and all the other figure skaters can continue to skate for enjoyment for years to come...It can't be avoided, but I feel sad when sports become a health risk for atheletes...:tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:

15 minutes ago, swanbeau said:

We're just a group of overly anxious fans :laughing:

And it doesn't matter what the official numbers say; Yuzu is the number 1, and in fact GOAT, in many people's eyes. =)

4小时前, SSS说:

http://www.chunichi.co.jp/chuspo/article/sports/news/CK2017111302000032.html

fml, another round of disaster to me...

so, someone please translate it. I am dead.

To conclude, it is a talk between Kobayashi from JSF and Shirota san.

It seems that after 10 days of rest, 3-4 weeks back to normal (competition condition) is HARD. and they don't know how close the accuracy of Axel, Toe and Sal will be compared to the ones he jump in best condition... Adjusting/practicing loop, flip and lz needs to be carefully handled. :sadPooh:4lz in national...They will respect and support Yuzu's decision.

He went to Tokyo to cure his leg. National Sports Science Center in Tokyo. No TCC?????:sadPooh:

Personally I will not take this article too seriously. I think the part saying that it will be hard to return to his previous competition comdition within 3-4 weeks is just speculation of the author, not from the conversation between Shirota san and Kobayashi san. And literally the article says "it seems Tokyo National Sports Science Centre promised to offer him support."

Also I think Chunichi Shinun is a Nagoya-based newspaper... Ok, I'm being my overly sensitive self again but I don't trust any Japanese media right now, except words from his own mouth. (What am I doing at work... ):13877886:

2 minutes ago, cloverpu said:

He was no.1 after Finlandia trophy '13 cause at that time Patrick didn't do any senior B comp

Thanks! I wish we have extensive database history for this thing lol which makes me think, how the hell max ambessi can just pulls off random fact at the top of his hat every time something happened, does he actually have a database or is he just that much of an fs nerd

going into sochi, yuzu was first in the world standings.

half of the top ten were japanese ;_____; the depth was insane :13877886: 

tLlkPuV.png

(wayback machine is useful!!)

also most articles about yuzu currently are for clicks and views, looking for traffic and revenue from an accident. we dont know about yuzu's actual condition unless it comes from him or someone close to him. no need to get stressed over everything! (harder said than done, i know :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:) it's been a rough few days for yuzu fans, but he's working on recovering and all we need to do is trust him and wait for proper news.

also also, the jsf would have to be completely deranged to not give him an olympic spot as the reigning world and olympic champion, and he set a new short program world record less than two months ago, proving himself to still be number one as recently as september. i seriously dont think there is any need to worry there. :10742289: 

13 minutes ago, kaerb said:
He wrote thank you in Japanese, English, French, Korean, Chinese and Russian ;;

Sweet boy, darling boy as always :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: 

I guess he is in Sendai then? Hope he's having a good time there and healing well

Reading this, I only have 3 thoughts:

1. Ohhhh, he's in Sendai! Rest well Yuzu!

2. Did he power-crutch himself into the exhibition? :rofl:

3. I suddenly imagine him standing there looking through his phone/iPod, trying to figure out how to write thank-you in other languages and copying the words... excuse me while I go drown myself in feels :sadPooh: