General Yuzuru Chat

15 minutes ago, Nerdincool said:

There'll definitely be problems if he doesn't get picked. Especially cause they seem to be favoring another skater over him. I mean, did they seriously reserve tons of seats for one skater's sponsor for the GPF AND rent out an event rink for him a week prior? Isn't that blatant favoritism? (Unless I'm wrong, if so please correct me)

Edit: IDK how many seats so I'll just say a lot

If there's only 1 spot for the mens, then I can see how they might pull a trick like that. But there's 3, so I don't see how Yuzu won't make the team. JSF might be annoying at times but not that dumb.

Just now, sublimeskating said:

to my knowledge world standings matter for starting order and that's about it...? correct me if i'm wrong...

And bragging rights? Which Yuzu doesnt bother to use anyway...

hace 2 minutos , micaelis said:

Considering the passion that Yuzu fans worldwide have for him, if for some reason he weren't in the Olympics, they would boycott.  Boycott attending, boycott the TV, and boycott the most prominent sponsors of figure skating.  Yuzu packs a very large punch when it comes to the economics of figure skating.  As much as the JSF might be favoring someone else, you can be sure there's likely behind the scenes pressure from other national skating federations to make sure Yuzuru Hanyu is in the Olympics.  There is no other skater who can fill the seats like Yuzu can and have fans watching the live events at any hour of the day or night.  You don't go and kill the goose that lays the golden eggs, or should I say the golden Poohs.

:2thumbsup: People were taking photos of Yuzuru's photo outside of NHK arena. You can't force people to love someone else.

hace 1 minuto , sublimeskating said:

if jsf stops yuzu from being in olys there'd be a riot

not only from skating fans but also from investors/sponsors

there's no denying yuzu brings a LOT of $$$ to the otherwise unpopular sport of figure skating

jsf can play favorites and pull strings all they want, but i don't think even for a second they'd have the balls to pull yuzu from the olys team

it's economic suicide

But iirc JSF already confirmed that he most probably  will be chosen whatever happens at Nationals. There was a post about it on Friday. 

15 minutes ago, SSS said:

We all know what Yuzu had achieved. We are salty just because we don't want this position to be easily lost due to some accident. 

Losing the chance to compete for 5th consecutive national title was tough last season. Same for 5th consecutive gpf title now.

wth, why am I writing this post...just realized next season will be the 5th year of No.1 Yuzu...:slinkaway:

should not have calculated what will happen if both of them do well in OG or WC.

I think my conclusion is 5 is cursed.

world standing only matters for GP starting order.  I think.

It is just sad. Our baby worked so hard.

Anyone got the new update of the injury...??:sadPooh:

5 minutes ago, marlet said:

This make me remember of a picture that was shared in a whatsapp group I'm following, it's quite funny :laughing:

https://imgur.com/a/gFjUa

credits to the owner, hope she doesn't mind me sharing here:smiley-happy085:

I don't hate it as much as i thought but i guess this surprises no one, coming from me :war:

Also, World Standings: I don;t think it matters. Of course we don't want to see him move down but if it happens it was because he wasn't there. If he was in good condition and he still lost the first place then yes, i would feel very bad. But he is injured, there's nothing anyone can do about it except wish him the best and him, the only thing he can do is rest and take care of himself. Worrying about a number that has no relevance other than bragging rights (boy is human, he probably hates the idea too but しょうがない i guess) isn't going to help US recover our sanity after these terrible days.

Just think about what Yuzu we will see when he comes back. He's going to be terrifying >:)

hace 1 minuto , SSS said:

should not have calculated what will happen if both of them do well in OG or WC.

I think my conclusion is 5 is cursed.

world standing only matters for GP starting order.  I think.

It is just sad. Our baby worked so hard.

Hey, don't be sad, this season has not ended yet. Nobody could have predicted GP series outcome.

And Yuzu can get back his National title and it will be the 5th one.  

Let's hope that the worst has passed already.

Just now, Floria said:

Hey, don't be sad, this season has not ended yet. Nobody could have predicted GP series outcome.

And Yuzu can get back his National title and it will be the 5th one.  

Let's hope that the worst has passed already.

I was talking about 5th consecutive one.

I don't care about the world ranking...

The new injury report makes me concerned now..

Okay, so the things I got wrong, I've messed up world Ranking and World Standings. For those interested:

Spoiler

the “ISU World Standings” which is taking into account results of the preceding two seasons and the current season and remains the basis for the draws at ISU Events and part of the criteria for the selection of competitors for the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating and other ISU Events designated by the Council. (

2.4.1 Current and intermediate season’s earned points will count 100 %

2.4.2 Previous season’s earned points will count 70 %)

• the “ISU Season’s World Ranking” which is based on the results of the current ongoing season only. It has the main purpose to reflect the current competitive performances of the skaters and give the public and the media an indication of the current actual competitiveness of the skaters.

So, while Yuzu is already behind most people in Season's world standings, having won "Only" two silvers, even with somebody else taking GPF title, he can come out on top with Olys gold &World 1-2 finish or smh like that+random competition before Olys, preferably 4cc, but not so preferably because of the timing of the competition.

His World standings, if I'm not a mess at counting (again) are as follows: 756 (70%worth of 2nd place at WC)+  1200(last WC)+ 560+280(70% GPF+NHKgold '15)+ 800+400 (full worth GPF+NHK Gold last season)+360 (CoR'17)+175 (70% worth ACL'15)+ 300(full worth ACL'16)+270(this year ACL)=...

...Actually If my calculator isn't lying to me, or I'm not doubling something up, his points tally is 5101 right now, not 4821 as ISU's webpage suggest. Now, I'm a bit scared. Somebody check my math!

Also, as somebody brought up, few federations are taking into consideration the World Standing when chosing their teams for Worlds and Olys. (As everyone, I'm 100% sure this won't be needed in Yuzu's case)

19 minutes ago, Floria said:

I think the latest update was that his right foot todas is much better than the previous two days.

17 minutes ago, Floria said:

There is something new?

http://www.chunichi.co.jp/chuspo/article/sports/news/CK2017111302000032.html

ただ、簡単な道のりではない。10日間の絶対安静後、3、4週間で普段の試合をしている状態になるとは考えにくい。さらに、右足のつま先をついて跳ぶルッツやフリップ、右足だけで踏み切るループの調整は慎重に進められるだろう。アクセルやサルコー、トーループの精度を上げて、どこまでベストの状態に近づけるか。間に合って全日本選手権に出場したとしても、4回転ルッツなどの大技は自重するはずだ。

fml, another round of disaster to me...

so, someone please translate it. I am dead.

To conclude, it is a talk between Kobayashi from JSF and Shirota san.

It seems that after 10 days of rest, 3-4 weeks back to normal (competition condition) is HARD. and they don't know how close the accuracy of Axel, Toe and Sal will be compared to the ones he jump in best condition... Adjusting/practicing loop, flip and lz needs to be carefully handled. :sadPooh:4lz in national...They will respect and support Yuzu's decision.

早期復帰に向けて東京都内にある国立スポーツ科学センターでのサポートなどを約束したそうだ。

He went to Tokyo to cure his leg. National Sports Science Center in Tokyo. No TCC?????:sadPooh: