General Yuzuru Chat

40 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

When I'm in NY or Boston, I'm told I sound more southern, and when I'm in the south I'm told I sound northern. As a Washingtonian I'm right in the middle along the coast so that's not too surprising, but Bostonians and New Yorkers tend to have their own very distinct accents.  In fact, there are many places in the US with distinct accents. 

I think there is no real one American or one Canadian accent... there are too many regions and you can identify them as American or Canadian, but they aren't THE accent of that country... when I was in Alberta, they said I sounded American (I'm from southern Ontario), when I was in Pennsylvania they thought I was British... when American relatives of a friend of mine came to visit, they said they could tell other people around us had a Canadian accent, but said I didn't have one...yet friends of mine have an accent that i can detect...so I"m probably like you, broadcaster kind of accent. I have a very sensitive ear. if you send me to Quebec, I start speaking English with a Quebecois accent...  in England I started sounding more English... it's not an affectation, it just happens, lol!!

59 минут назад, Aotoshiro сказал:

From the talk it's basically the skill so epic that only King of Ice can do it.

They then progress to say name of that king xD

"King of ice" sounds epic. I agree :goe: 

Nathan's fans call Nathan the "king of quads" (although, we know, the number of quads isn't the most important thing) , but I don't care coz the title of the "king of ice" in general surely belongs to Yuzu (whole package, yes).

21 minutes ago, Princess Murasaki said:

I think the GPF winner receives 800 pts or am I wrong? :confused:

I just went on a hunt for the communication that has the table of points and yes, the winner gets 800 points, which technically would put Shoma ahead of Yuzu at Olys...provided Yuzu don't take gold/silver at literally any other competition between GPF and PC, because the gap would still be closed even with 250/225 points he would earn for that^^

also, link to the page, since I'm sure we're going to need it sometime later xD:

http://www.isu.org/communications/1625-1629-world-standing-sandp-id/file

EDIT:Okay, doesn't matter, I'm an idiot who doesn't know how points for WS work :laughing:

7 minutes ago, liv said:

I think there is no real one American or one Canadian accent... there are too many regions and you can identify them as American or Canadian, but they aren't THE accent of that country... when I was in Alberta, they said I sounded American (I'm from southern Ontario), when I was in Pennsylvania they thought I was British... when American relatives of a friend of mine came to visit, they said they could tell other people around us had a Canadian accent, but said I didn't have one...yet friends of mine have an accent that i can detect...so I"m probably like you, broadcaster kind of accent. I have a very sensitive ear. if you send me to Quebec, I start speaking English with a Quebecois accent...  in England I started sounding more English... it's not an affectation, it just happens, lol!!

I do that too. I will start to pronounce things like the people around me.  It's likely also be why I have decent Spanish and Japanese accents. 

1 minute ago, Aotoshiro said:

I just went on a hunt for the communication that has the table of points and yes, the winner gets 800 points, which technically would put Shoma ahead of Yuzu at Olys...provided Yuzu don't take gold/silver at literally any other competition between GPF and PC, because the gap would still be closed even with 250/225 points he would earn for that^^

also, link to the page, since I'm sure we're going to need it sometime later xD:

So, theoretically... if Yuzu wins gold at 4CC... he would still be ahead. *whistles*

Jumping into the conversation again without backtracking from this last page.  The subject as to Yuzu's world ranking seems to be at issue.  I don't know how exactly the rankings are calculated but I would like to make a point.  Yuzuru Hanyu has won the last four GPFs, tying a record for number of wins and holding the record for three consecutive and four consecutive wins.  He's taken the World Championship twice and silvered twice.  He's the current Olympic champion.  He owns all the significant records that matter and over the course of his senior competition has set 12 world scoring records, eight of which involved breaking records he himself set. Only once in the last four seasons has he finished off the podium and of the twenty competitions involved, 12 were for gold and the remainder (with the exception of the 2014 NHK which he came in fourth) have all been silver.  There is no skater active in competition today that even comes close to Yuzu's statistical standing and I do not see how any body (official or otherwise) can rank him any less than number ONE.

8 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Wait so what does that mean for Yuzuru? If he doesn't make it to nationals (or possibly bombs) AND he's second in the world rankings will he still be picked to go to the Olympics? Sorry, still new to all these points stuff and getting picked for the Olympics requirements (just a few weeks ago I thought getting number 1 in any GP event meant a definite entry in the GPF).

Edit: Nevermind just saw the edit that said it doesn't matter.

1 minute ago, Nerdincool said:

Wait so what does that mean for Yuzuru? If he doesn't make it to nationals (or possibly bombs) AND he's second in the world rankings will he still be picked to go to the Olympics? Sorry, still new to all these points stuff and getting picked for the Olympics requirements (just a few weeks ago I thought getting number 1 in any GP event meant a definite entry in the GPF).

Unless JSF wants riots, Yuzu will be picked for the olympics...

4 minutes ago, lilsailor said:

Unless JSF wants riots, Yuzu will be picked for the olympics...

There'll definitely be problems if he doesn't get picked. Especially cause they seem to be favoring another skater over him. I mean, did they seriously reserve tons of seats for one skater's sponsor for the GPF AND rent out an event rink for him a week prior? Isn't that blatant favoritism? (Unless I'm wrong, if so please correct me)

Edit: IDK how many seats so I'll just say a lot

10 minutes ago, Nerdincool said:

Edit: Nevermind just saw the edit that it doesn't matter.

If he's 1-3 in the WORLD STANDINGS (that take into consideration current+2previous seasons' points), which is unlikely somebody will kick him out of there even if Yuzu was to skip whole first half of this season tbh (he didn't), he still can be chosen. I think JSF has also this bullet of skater whose successes in last season were high enough(ala GPF/World champion) is also considered a potential qualifier or smh like that, the one they used to give Takahashi Sochi spot after he finished off the podium on Nats and messed up first half of the season because of knee injury...

Gosh, so many things to take into consideration, I'm glad I'm not majoring at maths, cannot imagine doing it daily! xP

2 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

oooh i actually think you're lucky because who would say no to watching beauty all the time?  :laughing:

You can watch, but you cannot touch... this is why I don't go shopping unless I have all the money to buy all the pretty things I see HAHAHA 

We all know what Yuzu had achieved. We are salty just because we don't want this position to be easily lost due to some accident. 

Losing the chance to compete for 5th consecutive national title was tough last season. Same for 5th consecutive gpf title now.

wth, why am I writing this post...just realized next season will be the 5th year of No.1 Yuzu...:slinkaway:

hace 38 minutos , SSS said:

Shoma: 648+454+400+400 => 800+648+454+400 (The difference is 400)

Yuzu: 800+400+560+360

GP points can look bad but there is still WC and OG to look for this season.

I am not going to jinx it, so I am not going to calculate anything :smile:

Edit: I should have not calculated... almost 800 points GP difference looks really...:salty:

Shoma still has to win GPF. Anyway world standings do matter only for starting order, right? Or is there  something else more important?  

Considering the passion that Yuzu fans worldwide have for him, if for some reason he weren't in the Olympics, they would boycott.  Boycott attending, boycott the TV, and boycott the most prominent sponsors of figure skating.  Yuzu packs a very large punch when it comes to the economics of figure skating.  As much as the JSF might be favoring someone else, you can be sure there's likely behind the scenes pressure from other national skating federations to make sure Yuzuru Hanyu is in the Olympics.  There is no other skater who can fill the seats like Yuzu can and have fans watching the live events at any hour of the day or night.  You don't go and kill the goose that lays the golden eggs, or should I say the golden Poohs.