General Yuzuru Chat

18 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

with the amount of hairspray he used... he definitely secretly cares for his looks :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

True! :smiley-laughing021:  And the fact that his shoes are golden, I think he cares about fashion too, just not in a typical way! :smiley-laughing021:

4 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

not gonna lie.. I would take a photo with that too if I were in Japan :embSwan:

Me too! It's probably the closest I'll ever get to a life-size Yuzu without disturbing him :embSwan:

Sorry if already posted.

NHK Sunday Sports.

Satoko:

Wish him early recovery and coming back to the competition soon.  As I'm just back from my own injury, I want him not to push himself too hard, and hope he will do good performance in the Nationals.

Nobunari:

Good to hear his positive voice that he wants to be even stronger.  His physical condition right now is of course concerned, but if he is depressed, it might affect his recovery, so it is good to hear his positive words. 

I took a stab at the game of ID Yuzu's age. I think I'm getting better at this. 

Personally:

1) His face has gotten more angular, especially from the cheekbone to the jawline section, it's gotten more narrow too

2) His skin has improved with age, and lighter I think

3) Maybe my eyes are fooling me, but I think is facial proportions have improved a bit. It's a bit more even and balanced, especially around the nose bridge to chin section. Possibly because his eyes have narrowed just a slight bit. 

Lastly, I think his eyes have gotten a bit more softer when he smiles, but the murderface glare hasn't changed. 

22 minutes ago, Xen said:

1) His face has gotten more angular, especially from the cheekbone to the jawline section, it's gotten more narrow too

The perks of becoming adults! Bones and facial features get refined, 'stronger', I wouldn't know how to put it... it happened to me too quite recently, I've always had a round face but somehow my cheekbones came through. 

Also, his head looks bigger? 

5 hours ago, sublimeskating said:

i agree with your assessment!!!

it's not like the media can report: "our star athlete is feeling sad and depressed because his fall in practice took him out of the competition that he's almost guaranteed to win"

so of course they're gonna be like: "oh here's our star athlete looking strong and fired up even though he had an unfortunate accident, he's ready to put it all behind him and move on, yeah!"

as for yuzu's english, i actually find it very cute and i can actually understand him quite well...

he doesn't have a heavy japanese-english accent so i think his english is actually not that bad at all

of course when he's nervous or excited and he wants to say lots of stuff so his brain is faster than what his mouth can say

i guess that's when it starts being hard for him to say stuff...

At least Japanese media’s report that he was in high spirit and even joking lifted our spirits yesterday and I’m thankful for that , we re grasping at straw here ,:sadPooh:

Working at middle school I see my students on crutches all the time, and they all complain to me about the pain in their armpits pushing down on crutches so they have to put extra cushion on to ease the pain, poor kids! And Yuzu still can wear his regular shoes which means his foot isn’t swollen that much, :snonegai:

His English is so cute , accent and all, but isn’t everything he does is cute????? And that is a fact :biggrin:

21 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

The perks of becoming adults! Bones and facial features get refined, 'stronger', I wouldn't know how to put it... it happened to me too quite recently, I've always had a round face but somehow my cheekbones came through. 

Also, his head looks bigger? 

A part of it is proportions, in the 2014 pic the baby fat on his chin, lower cheek gives his face a more rectangular silhouette that generally gives the illusion of narrower, smaller face, vs the 2017 pic his face has more of a puffy, upside down triangle shape, which looks rounder, gives the effect of a wider/filled out face which is why his head looks bigger.

Also ironically enough, in the case of these two pictures(bc granted the angle and lighting of the 2014 pic affects the way he looks there) the lesser baby fat actually rounds out his face to look shorter + less long, with proportionally bigger eyes, which makes him look younger bc typically people associate round faces + dolly eyes with children.

excuse me, yrs of doing face studies and figure drawings make me realise these things

So many different topics!

I think he’s lost a lot of the “baby fat” in his face since 2014, his face has more definition now and is more angular - especially when he’s in shape and top condition. When he’s in shape it’s like his jawline could cut something, it’s so sharp. 

On his English, I agree with whoever said the issues with it are likely because he is so well spoken in Japanese. Normally his answers are quite eloquent and witty in Japanese and clearly his level of English mastery isn’t anywhere near his level so he has to try and find a match to what he does know in English. The end result can be fragmented but I think his English comprehension is decent. When he’s tired or overly excited I think he struggles more, and of course the only time we usually hear his English is during press cons and in the Kiss and Cry when he’s probably exhausted. 

I’m not too worried about the recent interview video, he looks as you’d expect him to look. Frustrated and a bit resigned to the situation at hand, but of course this situation is still quite fresh so the emotions he has are probably right at the surface. He’ll be fine. 

Back on the fever, maybe he developed it after he landed in Osaka. Those can creep up on you, and I don’t think you can get a fever just from tiredness. From what I understand a fever is a result of your body raising its internal temperature in order to kill an infectious agent (virus or bacteria). Virus and bacteria usually don’t do well in high temperature. Of course the offset of a fever is usually body ache and tiredness (if the temperature is too high then it can be dangerous for the person) which I’m sure he was still feeling residual effects of when he went to practice even if the fever was gone. Whatever caused it the 10 days of rest will likely be enough time for that to pass as well. 

7 минут назад, kiches сказал:

When he’s in shape it’s like his jawline could cut something, it’s so sharp.

So true! Finally someone has found the right words for my first impression when I saw him in Helsinki after the free program.

1 hour ago, sublimeskating said:

(and more handsome!  did i mention i LOVE his jawline and cheekbones?)...

Spoiler

Let's not talk about his jawline and cheekbones... I have to witness to the same jawline and cheekbones on a Japanese friend every time I go to uni... help...