General Yuzuru Chat

29 分, KatjaTheraさんが言いました:

And he went to Sendai by plane? O.o I wonder if he really likes flying that much... It'd make much more sense to me to go to Toronto. At least the jetlag/rest/possible health effects of traveling would coincide with the already 10 days of rest. Otherwise, 10 days in Sendai, followed by another couple of days to recover from the trip...>.> The Sendai sighting sounded similar to the Osaka airport one, so I hope it was a misunderstanding, and he's either in Toronto or on his way, still. That said, the Sonia picture is probably old, as, last thing I knew, she was in Spain.

Flying to Sendai is a lot faster than going by train or car and the airport would be easier to navigate than the train station. And at this point, there isn't much point in returning to Toronto. That's his training ground and it's not like he can train right now. I mean, there's probably not a lot of harm in returning there but going back home to Sendai makes a whole lot more sense since, like a few have said, it relieves the stress of long-distance travel on his foot so soon after injuring it, and also, he might as well make something good out of this whole ordeal and return home (and that's really Sendai, not Toronto) to be with his family, whom both he and his mom rarely get to see these days. He'd be more relaxed, I'm sure. Sides, I'm sure his mom could use the break, as well. And looking after her injured (and likely mopey) son at home with the help of the rest of the family would be way less stressful for her as well.

If you're worried about the media, he's asked for peace and quiet and I'm sure the media will respect that. They may still talk about him but there won't be anything overtly wild, I don't think, since he's already given his assurances. 

That and he'll be long gone by the time GPF rolls around and Uno-mania rises to a fever pitch.

14 minutes ago, liv said:

Glad he did go to Sendai. It would seem ridiculous not to go home for a few days when you are already in the country and have been ordered to rest for a while. Mom can take a break too. It will be a longer stretch in Toronto than was expected before so take the 'vacation' time. I doubt he would return much before Nats now. 

So he will stay in Japan for 10 days then go back to Toronto, or he will go back to Toronto in 3 weeks I wonder? Not that I want to ask about his detailed plan. I just hope he will go back to Toronto and stay away from the media (protective mode on).

My guess is stay home for about a week (or two)for the ordered absolute rest and then go to Toronto to start the rehab etc.. He had treatment for his foot in Toronto, so I imagine he's found someone there who he can trust to help him with that.

Back to the accents: how much of an accent do people think Tracy Wilson has? is it very Canadian? or more neutral? Brian is more Canadian.

10 分, meoimaさんが言いました:

So he will stay in Japan for 10 days then go back to Toronto, or he will go back to Toronto in 3 weeks I wonder? Not that I want to ask about his detailed plan. I just hope he will go back to Toronto and stay away from the media (protective mode on).

Dunno. But I reckon he'll go back the moment he's cleared to get back onto the ice. Other seasons he may opt to stay a bit longer but I doubt he would for this one since he's already been set back from practice (seeing as I think he hadn't planned on returning to Sendai at all were it not for these 10 days of enforced rest) and he needs to talk to his coaches in person about where to go from here. Also, he probably knows that his on-ice rehab is best seen-over by the staff at TCC and they have got the facilities for rehabilitating there so. That's what the logic looking in from the outside is telling me anyway. Things could be very different from the inside.

Since I did a zodiac one, I might as well do a 2018 horoscope reading for Yuzu too:

You have big things to do, people to see, and places to go. you want to see results. you will experience a new level of energy that has not been seen a few years now (in line with what he said about storing his energy and unleashing all in Olympics). The frustrations and troubles you had experienced in the past years will disappear. you may find a therapist or diet that is right for you and enhance your health. powerful and ambitious, you will move in full speed in the direction that moves you forward. accepting all challenges gracefully and pushing through tight competition, your efforts would fructify.

There is also something about being back in home environment and confusion about whether that's where you belong?? (better not be what I'm thinking of..) 

For 2017, if anyone's curious since there's still a bit left: 

with challenges in 2016, there will be similar issues in 2017. unexpected and beyond your control leading to anxiety and frustrations. may feel helpless but its a test of character. stand strong and clear about what you want, you will see your problems disappear and you will do well.  

Flying is faster, but I wonder if it's also better... air pressure changes and such. But I understand the arguments about going home for a while, as long as it's just a few days. I wonder why he didn't do it as soon as he withdrew, though. Maybe he still had those media obligations, though, who knows.

But he's not really an invalid to need that intense taking care of. He just needs to rest his foot and not put weight on it, as far as I can tell. Unless of course, it's worse than that.

Also, there's the issue of whether the 10 days rest means complete body rest - i.e. includes whatever the fever was about, IF it was about anything other than tiredness - or it's just for his foot. Because if it's just for his foot, he should continue off-ice training for the rest of his body, not to lose too much muscle mass - consuming proteins can only do so much, I would think. That he can probably do alone, but I'd personally prefer he was doing it in Toronto, under supervision.

My own fears aside, I am sometimes a bit surprised at how we all - myself included - tend to readily believe the fan reports that come up about his whereabouts. He was spotted at the Osaka airport. Then he was spotted in Sendai. I'm not saying they're not true, I'm just a bit surprised how quick we are to believe them (a few days ago, someone had said he was in Sendai and we all believed it until we found out today he wasn't). If there are multiple sources, that's one thing, but when it's just one... *shrugs*

18 分, KatjaTheraさんが言いました:

My own fears aside, I am sometimes a bit surprised at how we all - myself included - tend to readily believe the fan reports that come up about his whereabouts. He was spotted at the Osaka airport. Then he was spotted in Sendai. I'm not saying they're not true, I'm just a bit surprised how quick we are to believe them (a few days ago, someone had said he was in Sendai and we all believed it until we found out today he wasn't). If there are multiple sources, that's one thing, but when it's just one... *shrugs*

Lol that's very true. I wasn't so sure when @Danibellerika said she heard through the grapevine and decided to wait a bit but when someone says he's been spotted, it sounds more plausible somehow. I don't need photographic evidence because looking at ones not taken officially or with the consent of the subject always gives me an uncomfortable feeling, even when I just happen to come across them. So if someone says they've seen him, if it isn't harmful, I just buy it for now, just so I have a place in mind when talking about him, cos otherwise my brain would conjure up images of him floating in outer space. ^^

If these sightings aren't true and the guy people thought they saw isn't him, no harm no foul. He can be anywhere so long as he's getting what he needs. Even if it's outer space.

23 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Flying is faster, but I wonder if it's also better... air pressure changes and such. But I understand the arguments about going home for a while, as long as it's just a few days. I wonder why he didn't do it as soon as he withdrew, though. Maybe he still had those media obligations, though, who knows.

Well, he might need to stay in Osaka in order to get full results/early treatment from doctors I think. I surprised that he agreed to be interviewed that soon, but maybe he want to update his condition to clear all the narratives out there. He need 10 days of compete rest, it could be anywhere, Sendai or Toronto, but I dont think he should get a long flight right after injury. This is not the first time, I'm sure he know all the off ice training to remain his muscle. After 10 days, no doubt he should be in Toronto to start rehab/on ice training, he need coach/ expert to watch over him during this time. Given how he's very serious about his training this season, I think he will be back to TCC soon. Brian/Tracy might give us a bit info next week at TEB. 

This is a hard time for Yuzuru and his fans, I hope we all could be patient :grouphug: