General Yuzuru Chat

18 minutes ago, Killaa said:

basically yuzuru hanyu has never been more relatable than when he 'wanted to be' an ultraman. such a boy... :smiley-laughing021:

this really cheers me up :laughing:. so who has the recordings of that program?? 

I don't think there's any recordings but here's a brief translation from Aoi Hono from hanyusan @ tumblr.

Memories of my childhood would be…ice skating while wearing a helmet. There were so many times when my head would crash onto the ice! I fell down so, so many times…it hurt a bit. At the time, the teacher was so strict…Every single day I would be kicked out of the rink. Why? I clearly worked very hard, but apparently I never listened to the teacher.

Back then, I hated practicing, but I really loved the competitions where there were lots of people in the audience. I remember very well the programs from then. After getting to the first show at the first level, I was the one who went to my teacher and said “Please make up an Ultraman program for me!” I really loved it; Ultraman Gaia! In it, there were so many fighting scenes between Ultraman and Ultraman, you know? Gaia looked different from the other Ultramen. There wasn’t only one color. My mom even made a red and a blue Ultraman costumes for me. I remember the clothes well, but the choreography I’ve forgotten long ago.

He hasn't changed one bit :13877886:.

3 hours ago, MrPudding said:

That reminds me.

I had a dream last night that while the uncles are out of GPF.. Shoma, Nathan and Boyang made the podium ( can't remember who won) but the person who won gold got around 322-ish total so everyone was saying "the new it skater"... but then Yuzu decided to enter a level B competition during the GPF time, and.. he won gold. And.. broke the WR  (it was like a NHK15 moment) got higher than 330... So my twitter feed was literally full of 

'his 5th straight GPF medal' and everyone was like "damn we really shouldn't doubted him"... :smiley-laughing021:

can I just say I have almost an exact dream as you yesterday night (so weird). except for the part about the three youngster and the content of the twitter feed. mine was more like he's always the centre of attention even when he's not here. and some other comeback messages. 

It's just impossible to keep up with this thread, it moves ahead so rapidly, so I'm jumping into the discussion without having read anything preceding this page.  My take on what I've read is that there is video of the 'jump heard round the world', and it shows that Yuzu screwed up from takeoff onto landing.  If we've been able to see it, I'm sure Brian has also, and I would bet that he's taken off his 'good' coach hat and put on his 'bad' coach hat and given Yuzu a sound cross-Pacific thrashing by phone with, unknown to Yuzu, Brian's intention to greet Yuzu with his 'good' coach hat when he arrives back in Toronto and gently nurses Yuzu back to his effectively aggressive self.  As for Yuzu himself, he's probably spanking himself knowing that he was too impetuous in going into that jump.  Let's hope he doesn't overcompensate and become too cautious.  One of the things that is so exciting about watching Yuzu skate is you know he's constantly skating on the edge (pun intended) and you never know with any certainty whether he'll make it or not, thus you have this collective intake of breath when he launches himself and relieved exhalation when he lands safely, smoothly, and beautifully, garnering a ton of GOEs when he does it.  Psychologically Yuzu is already probably forgetting this weekend and focusing on nationals in just over a month.  I'm not sure how the selection of an Olympics team proceeds.  Is it just based on how one finishes at nationals or are other factors taken into account, particularly a skater's over-all record, when choosing?  Obviously the goal is to make the cut but I think Yuzu will also be wanting to make a statement vis-a-vis Shoma, who is quite obviously the one-to-beat there.  I'm still firm in my belief that Shoma is the primary threat to Yuzu's gold at PC.  He's been skating so consistently high this season and if seen in the context of his skating the last two seasons, he's on a roll, not always gold but more often that then not, and podium finishes every time.  His is the strongest record in comparison to the other skaters as we approach crunch time in PC.  As for Yuzu, once nationals are behind him, I hope he takes a 'sort-of' vacation, leaving hard training for a couple weeks (meaning only maintenance practices) and working to get that mindset he had when he overcame the adversity following the quake/tsunami in 2011 and the crash in Shanghai in 2014.  He's got the memories of those two crises in his past, and now this third crisis faces him.  Just remember this - Third time's the charm.  

2 hours ago, kaerb said:

The question is if Yuzu would listen... maybe the injury will make him reconsider but he's proven Brian wrong many times too....and this is literally his do-or-die Olympics Ideal we're talking about >_> well. We'll find out, hopefully. 

yeah I agree re: Ghislain probably lacking the confidence to pull him back especially with someone as stubborn as Yuzu to begin with, and it must have all happened so quickly. I'd say Yuzu's only managed to rein in some of that nervous overtraining energy recently (as recently as Helsinki) so I'm not surprised he lapsed into bad habits without Brian to keep an eagle eye on him. Well. Hopefully this is more psychological insight for them to work on in training. s i g h

Reading this suddenly made me remember one of our lectures in psychiatric nursing. Personality and character development is very important in children up to 18 y/o because whatever you are in that age, it will be very likely your defining character (that's why my prof highlighted that discipline among children is very important at that stage). It will not change or it it does, it is VERY MINIMAL and are subject to lapses. And no matter how often we joke about Yuzu being a space kitty or an alien, he is still a human bounded by theories and human mechanism. Bet he knows it too, that topic is within the scope of his course after all.

3 minutes ago, Sammie said:

It’s my first season also and of course it has to be the olympic season too. Lol. :13877886:

Our luck, guys xD

I'm glad I had my novice follower time in the second half of the last season (I officially lost it and started binge catching up around NHK-GPF), with H&L being underappreciated by a lot of people, so I had to crash-course A LOT of stressful things...now I'm mostly bitter at skate gods sad at Yuzu being sad but otherwise totally zen. Ladies comp is rather safe to watch, provided Waka isn't in the comp (then my robbed alerts go off), as I resigned myself to lack of calls and unless UR isn't super-evident I need a lot of rewatching to see it, Sui/Han bless the Pairs, and in Ice dance I honestly really care only about Muramoto/Reed, who has no chance of a medal, so they are happy with a good dance, which happen more often than not lately (Sakura really fits them...), and Shibsibs which are cutiepies that treat medals like additional bonus to a good skate (unless something changed and I don't know it yet)

52 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

I suggest to pray all saints to let him compete in the best condition ever.  

Let's try one saint at a time and seek assistance from them for Yuzu

°Patron Saint of Chest and Lung problems (for his asthma) - Saint Bernardino of Siena

°Patron Saint of Knee pains - Saint Gangulphus

°Patron Saint against Fever - Saint Gertrude of Nivelles, Saint Hugh of Cluny

°Patron Saint for Patholigies of the Feet - Saint Servatius

°Patron Saint invoking Stress - Saint Walter of Pontois

°Patron Saint of Pain, Suffering and Healing - Saint Pio of Pietrelcina

°Patron Saint of people with heartache - St. John

°Patron Saint of Athletes - Saint Sebastian

°Patron Saint of Ice Skaters - Saint Lidwina

°Patron Saint of Asia (you all know why) - Saint Francis Xavier

Had searched for these saints and been calling them constantly for Yuzu.