General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, Xen said:

@kaerb: I think that was me going off about how loop might be more troublesome than Lz, because the take off requires you to rely on your right leg more? But I also amended and mentioned that the way Yuzu goes into the lutz, with a very quick setup, he does have to flex and take more strength on his right foot perhaps, than other guys. 

My feeling, as to what happened after reading Gladi's translations, in contrast to his training session at CoR:

- He gunned straight for the 4lz. Versus in COR, he tossed around a couple popped Lutzes to get his bearing and axis right. That popping lutzes allowed him to test around a bit, which is probably more crucial since the 4Lz is his first jump in the Long. Toss in a fever, not fully warmed up, pushing and gunning straight for the quad, and boom-disaster. His axis was so off, it's amazing he didn't land and cause more problems. 

- I think Brian stabilizes him, calms him down. Brian would have yanked him off the ice after that missed 4Lo, and they would have chatted, talked about what was wrong, what they should do next, should they do the 4Lz, how to work up to the 4Lz. That's the benefit of a main coach. Tracy may have been able to help too, but maybe not as effective as Brian. 

As for 4Lz itself:

My feeling is still that Yuzu guns and puts too much energy into that 4Lz. He goes into it with just a bit more speed, a bit more power in all the times he's been off on the jump. I think he tries too hard to go for the Boyang or Mikhail type of large 4Lz, when in reality his Lutz is already plenty big. He really doesn't need to go 3.45m x 72 cm (which he wants to have), he can do enough with just 3.15m x 67 cm. Skating fans will say both jumps are huge, so he could just learn to live with that. I wonder if placing the 4Lz as a second jump or later on, would be better, just to distract him from nerves and gunning for it. T_T

About the 4lz - I might be completely wrong, but it looks as if he has a little too much speed/power going into it, snaps into rotation so quickly that he doesn't get all the height that the speed/power could get him, and that torques his axis off balance. The perfect ones we saw had him snapping into rotation a little slower so his axis looked more stable. I think he's rushing it because he's so anxious to get it right. It was so bloody off, I can't believe, still, that he didn't just pop it and try again. Or at least let himself fall more naturally.

And I completely agree that Brian seems to have figured out how to pace him. More than anybody else.

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

About the 4lz - I might be completely wrong, but it looks as if he has a little too much speed/power going into it, snaps into rotation so quickly that he doesn't get all the height that the speed/power could get him, and that torques his axis off balance. The perfect ones we saw had him snapping into rotation a little slower so his axis looked more stable. I think he's rushing it because he's so anxious to get it right. It was so bloody off, I can't believe, still, that he didn't just pop it and try again. Or at least let himself fall more naturally.

And I completely agree that Brian seems to have figured out how to pace him. More than anybody else.

Maybe he was thinking he could step out? Two foot? But that axis tilt was enough that I don't think he could have opted to pop.

Just now, Xen said:

Maybe he was thinking he could step out? Two foot? But that axis tilt was enough that I don't think he could have opted to pop.

A full-body impact fall was more likely than a pop, I guess, he was at almost a 45 degree angle. I can't believe he tried to land it. Even a regular fall like when I trip going down the stairs would've been better, it bangs you up but the impact is distributed evenly and you're just bruised all over instead of having anything really injured.

Ah well. Water under the bridge.

2 hours ago, MrPudding said:

That reminds me.

I had a dream last night that while the uncles are out of GPF.. Shoma, Nathan and Boyang made the podium ( can't remember who won) but the person who won gold got around 322-ish total so everyone was saying "the new it skater"... but then Yuzu decided to enter a level B competition during the GPF time, and.. he won gold. And.. broke the WR  (it was like a NHK15 moment) got higher than 330... So my twitter feed was literally full of 

'his 5th straight GPF medal' and everyone was like "damn we really shouldn't doubted him"... :smiley-laughing021:

Your dream deserves :goe: :smiley-laughing021:

7 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

He was too low and tilted too far forward, mainly too low. All of his jumps that day had little elevation. So there wasn't enough room for him to get into an outside edge, and he actually landed on an inside edge. It's incredibly dangerous to be doing multiple revolutions and landing on the inside edge. There's a reason why proper technique for all 6 types of jumps has the skater landing on the outside edge. Only the Euler/Half-loop is landed on an inside edge, out of the listed jump elements, iirc?

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

To think we thought the stubborn lad had learnt his lessons and decided to listen to his body.

He sure did, and he told his body to STFU and then his body told him to STFU or else and then, well, there we have it.

:rofl:On a serious note, it would still be a progress-two way conversation is still better that a convo with a wall.

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

The thing is.. he could've already stabilised 4Lz. It's just that he had a fever before NHK and had to rest. Thus, he force himself to land the quads.. So I'm not surprised if he goes for a 5 quad layout.

Personally, I don't mind if the 4Lz stays because yes he wants to win Olympic, but....

he wants a dramatic-the-best-ever-clean-performance-in-your-face-no-one-can-beat-me kind of win. :war:

I love how we go the simple assumptiion of sick!Yuzu=does everything sick person shouldn't do, Because he's sick. Also, I know it's long, but can we have 'dramatic-the-best-ever-clean-performance-in-your-face-no-one-can-beat-me kind of win' as a rank?

1 hour ago, wpisces said:

Urggggg, thinking about his injury always makes me feel depressed. I’m literally not going to be okay until I see him healthy or I know he is recovering well :facepalm::facepalm:

There there, the Mama's ad is coming out soon?:tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

Don't worry. He'll be fine. 

We just have to goddamn pray that he doesn't get a fever before nationals and olympics:facepalm:

Actually, I think that's the only thing we didn't pray specifically about, in addition to overal 'may he be happy'. I mean, there was that Japanese fan that visited a shrine specifically for prayers for healthy backs and legs, right? And I probably checked out every stone that is supposed to help with asthma...

So, we need a list to cover all the possible FS+Yuzu dangers and schedule a trips to the nearest shrine/protection places that specialize in it before Nats and Olys!:laughing:

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

IIRC (from Aoi Hono 1) he said he wanted an Ultraman program and begged Tsuzuki-sensei to choreograph the Ultraman program for him. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

basically yuzuru hanyu has never been more relatable than when he 'wanted to be' an ultraman. such a boy... :smiley-laughing021:

this really cheers me up :laughing:. so who has the recordings of that program?? 

4 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Actually, I think that's the only thing we didn't pray specifically about, in addition to overal 'may he be happy'. I mean, there was that Japanese fan that visited a shrine specifically for prayers for healthy backs and legs, right? And I probably checked out every stone that is supposed to help with asthma...

So, we need a list to cover all the possible FS+Yuzu dangers and schedule a trips to the nearest shrine/protection places that specialize in it before Nats and Olys!:laughing:

Wait, we're going to have to write something like a user's agreement type of contract on an ema now? That's one huge ema, or we're going to need to splurge on a couple million emas. I thought healthy and happy covered everything. 

4 минуты назад, Aotoshiro сказал:

So, we need a list to cover all the possible FS+Yuzu dangers and schedule a trips to the nearest shrine/protection places that specialize in it before Nats and Olys!

I suggest to pray all saints to let him compete in the best condition ever.  

3 hours ago, MrPudding said:

That reminds me.

I had a dream last night that while the uncles are out of GPF.. Shoma, Nathan and Boyang made the podium ( can't remember who won) but the person who won gold got around 322-ish total so everyone was saying "the new it skater"... but then Yuzu decided to enter a level B competition during the GPF time, and.. he won gold. And.. broke the WR  (it was like a NHK15 moment) got higher than 330... So my twitter feed was literally full of 

'his 5th straight GPF medal' and everyone was like "damn we really shouldn't doubted him"... :smiley-laughing021:

Have I told you how much I love you (and your dreams)?:laughing: