General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

To think we thought the stubborn lad had learnt his lessons and decided to listen to his body.

He sure did, and he told his body to STFU and then his body told him to STFU or else and then, well, there we have it.

He has learned. I think he will be alright. All those bad things repeated for a reason.  He finally learned that he has to be healthy to win. That means a lot. I think WD from NHK was a correct choice. Who knows maybe he will recover fast and land all 5 quads in the free as he wants.

Just now, meoima said:

He has learned. I think he will be alright. All those bad things repeated for a reason.  He finally learned that he has to be healthy to win. That means a lot. I think WD from NHK was a correct choice. Who knows maybe he will recover fast and land all 5 quads in the free as he wants.

I wish for him whatever will make him happy.

But I have given up on him getting over his stubbornness. Maybe the loss of that fifth GPF gold will make him listen to his body and not jump already-petulant quads when he's sick and feverish, but.... I don't think he'll stop doing stuff like that. His stubbornness is such a part of him.

But he would never have become so good without that stubbornness, too. It can be an advantage until the moment he pushes himself too far.

It might have been different if Brian could've been there. I mean, Brian managed to convince him to do a simpler layout at ACI. I doubt anybody else could've done it. Brian might be the only one who can convince him to slow down when he needs to. (Other than mama Hanyu. :P)

The thing is.. he could've already stabilised 4Lz. It's just that he had a fever before NHK and had to rest. Thus, he force himself to land the quads.. So I'm not surprised if he goes for a 5 quad layout.

Personally, I don't mind if the 4Lz stays because yes he wants to win Olympic, but....

he wants a dramatic-the-best-ever-clean-performance-in-your-face-no-one-can-beat-me kind of win. :war:

1 minute ago, MrPudding said:

The thing is.. he could've already stabilised 4Lz. It's just that he had a fever before NHK and had to rest. Thus, he force himself to land the quads.. So I'm not surprised if he goes for a 5 quad layout.

Personally, I don't mind if the 4Lz stays because yes he wants to win Olympic, but....

he wants a dramatic-the-best-ever-clean-performance-in-your-face-no-one-can-beat-me kind of win. :war:

That axis though. I never want to see an axis like that on any jump, ever, much less on Yuzu's jump when my heart is already in my mouth.

Just now, WinForPooh said:

That axis though. I never want to see an axis like that on any jump, ever, much less on Yuzu's jump when my heart is already in my mouth.

Don't worry. He'll be fine. 

We just have to goddamn pray that he doesn't get a fever before nationals and olympics. :facepalm:

5 hours ago, CupidsBow said:

4CC is in January...but it ends less than 2 weeks before the team event starts. But is in a very similar time zone?

If he did that whoever got the free tickets will have basically won the lottery hahaha

But he usually did the competition back to back when NHK Trophy was the last gp series before gpf, no? I keep thinking what if nhk schedule didn't change, then Brian could be with Yuzu >.<

4 minutes ago, wpisces said:

Urggggg, thinking about his injury always makes me feel depressed. I’m literally not going to be okay until I see him healthy or I know he is recovering well :facepalm::facepalm:

Same here. If he doesn't get what he wants in the end after all these suffering, I am done with figureskating god and the universe. :war: (and I probably won't be able to watch Men's figureskating ever after due to spite and trauma)

I often think how he is still paying the consequences of that terrible crash in Shanghai back in 2014: that's how he lost a whole year of upgrade. And because of that he keeps pushing himself and try to catch up on the time lost. God the universe won't make anything easy to him!  But that is also why he is so awe-inspiring. So just like Yuzu is driven by an undying fire we shouldn't let our spirits down. He needs all the positive energy he can get from us  :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

2 hours ago, Xen said:

12 weeks so he should be alright. Knock on wood, pray, he should be alright. Trust in his abilities, his technique, his team and above all, his own determination and willpower. =)

@gladi and @yuzuangel, @Hydroblade: I'm wondering if gladi would object, and if it's possible to have the banner suggestion and maybe the tumblr post pinned separately at the top? Or at least moved to "our picks"? That way people can easily be aware of the project and find the information, instead of browsing through general chat. I can access the forum fine from China, but getting to tumblr involves VPNs. =(

You mean make a separate topic with information for the banner that we're sending to Yuzu with all the messages? (I wasn't sure if by banner suggestion, you meant that, because there was also talk about the site banner at some point, iirc.).

1 minute ago, gladi said:

You mean make a separate topic with information for the banner that we're sending to Yuzu with all the messages? (I wasn't sure if by banner suggestion, you meant that, because there was also talk about the site banner at some point, iirc.).

Not @Xen but yeah, for the project to be more visible and not lost in the General thread, if you could pin it as a topic somewhere.

@kaerb: I think that was me going off about how loop might be more troublesome than Lz, because the take off requires you to rely on your right leg more? But I also amended and mentioned that the way Yuzu goes into the lutz, with a very quick setup, he does have to flex and take more strength on his right foot perhaps, than other guys. 

My feeling, as to what happened after reading Gladi's translations, in contrast to his training session at CoR:

- He gunned straight for the 4lz. Versus in COR, he tossed around a couple popped Lutzes to get his bearing and axis right. That popping lutzes allowed him to test around a bit, which is probably more crucial since the 4Lz is his first jump in the Long. Toss in a fever, not fully warmed up, pushing and gunning straight for the quad, and boom-disaster. His axis was so off, it's amazing he didn't land and cause more problems. 

- I think Brian stabilizes him, calms him down. Brian would have yanked him off the ice after that missed 4Lo, and they would have chatted, talked about what was wrong, what they should do next, should they do the 4Lz, how to work up to the 4Lz. That's the benefit of a main coach. Tracy may have been able to help too, but maybe not as effective as Brian. 

As for 4Lz itself:

My feeling is still that Yuzu guns and puts too much energy into that 4Lz. He goes into it with just a bit more speed, a bit more power in all the times he's been off on the jump. I think he tries too hard to go for the Boyang or Mikhail type of large 4Lz, when in reality his Lutz is already plenty big. He really doesn't need to go 3.45m x 72 cm (which he wants to have), he can do enough with just 3.15m x 67 cm. Skating fans will say both jumps are huge, so he could just learn to live with that. I wonder if placing the 4Lz as a second jump or later on, would be better, just to distract him from nerves and gunning for it. T_T

@gladi: I meant precisely what @xeyra said. Pin  the fan banner for Yuzu as a separate topic or something to make it more visible. =) We need to make it a blanket size after all. =)