General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

This part just struck me.. its actually very near.. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

12 weeks so he should be alright. Knock on wood, pray, he should be alright. Trust in his abilities, his technique, his team and above all, his own determination and willpower. =)

@gladi and @yuzuangel, @Hydroblade: I'm wondering if gladi would object, and if it's possible to have the banner suggestion and maybe the tumblr post pinned separately at the top? Or at least moved to "our picks"? That way people can easily be aware of the project and find the information, instead of browsing through general chat. I can access the forum fine from China, but getting to tumblr involves VPNs. =(

As the article mentions, Yuzu went on his usual path of stubbornness and although he felt feverish and weaker than usual, he still attempted the 4lz...  I wonder if his fever came from a general state of tiredness due to overtraining and his body was kind of asking him to slow down. Anyway, there is no stopping this kid: he hates feeling weak. But I'm glad he made the decision to withdraw: last year he started training later than usual due to his injury and had to skip nationals because of the flu, and still he went on to win Worlds. So I'm confident he can pull this through !

Thanks gladi for the translation :)

That reminds me.

I had a dream last night that while the uncles are out of GPF.. Shoma, Nathan and Boyang made the podium ( can't remember who won) but the person who won gold got around 322-ish total so everyone was saying "the new it skater"... but then Yuzu decided to enter a level B competition during the GPF time, and.. he won gold. And.. broke the WR  (it was like a NHK15 moment) got higher than 330... So my twitter feed was literally full of 

'his 5th straight GPF medal' and everyone was like "damn we really shouldn't doubted him"... :smiley-laughing021:

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I really hope Yuzu can see this and all the messages with good wishes ... I think it would be a great moral lifter ...

Didn't Yuzuriha contact Yuzuru's team and send him pictures of all the people, and got an answer thanking them for their care yesterday? I want to believe it wasn't just customary answer that they forced the gloomy Yuzu to look at the pictures, and type with his own fingers  a thank you note, maybe even with a hint of smile? You know how the guy adores his fans (and they adore him in return! <3)

45 minutes ago, meoima said:

Attending official practice on the 9th, having just recovered (t/n as in, not in his best shape), he kept making mistakes on the 4Lo. When Coach Briand asked, “are you all right?” Hanyu replied, “I’m all right,” and went on to challenge the even more difficult 4Lz. That led to the injury.

Yuzuru Hanyu........................... :yznotimpressed::yznotimpressed::yznotimpressed::yznotimpressed::yznotimpressed::yznotimpressed::yznotimpressed::yznotimpressed::yznotimpressed:

6 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

one of the reason why I think 4Lo and 4Lz will stay for Oly.. :facepalm:

I absolutely don't expect him to take out the 4Lo - he never skates a program with an easier layout than one he's already skated - and he'll only take out the 4Lz if it goes disastrously badly at Nationals and probably with his team forcing him to. 

The universe is quick to remind the boy to listen to his body for once and know his limitations. I'm speculating here but maybe the failed 4Los and fever were making him unsettled and Yuzu's general response to being unsettled is to amp things up to eleven push himself harder, not ease up.... leading to a harsh and painful lesson yet again ugh.

I'm sad because this may have actually been a situation where Brian or Tracy may have been more familiar with reading his moods and general condition and may have been able to force him to calm down a bit and not rush into more quads. I don't expect Ghislain to be focused on that since I imagine his attention would be on the jumps. C'est la vie. Lots of bad luck happening at once )): 

9 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

He’ll recover and find a way to win. Then he’ll go to Worlds for his 3rd title and it will be magical and miraculous and we’ll all die and go to paradise. #nojinx

Just SEEING him skate is Paradise!! ⛸😊. 

The tenderness felt towards Yu-zu 💕

It comes from the many, not Few-zu 💕

So rest and get well!

In our hearts we can tell

You’ll be back with a vengeance , it’s True-zu 💕 

To388MP.jpg

Just now, wpisces said:

No. He HAVE TO remove 4lutz ( even 4lo) from FS layout or he would injure himself right before Olys. I'm talking to you, Yuzuru Hanyu :tumblr_inline_mzx90enaUF1r8msi5:

He doesn't HAVE to do anything other than look after himself and do what he thinks is best.. This his fight, his future, his body and his dream, and he gets to do whatever he wants to achieve it even if it makes us uncomfortable