General Yuzuru Chat

There is a silver lining in this, I think.  Yuzu can head back to Toronto and convalesce and resume training for nationals.  But with no competition between now and then he can also return to Japan well ahead of the competition and thus get past jet lag and be fully rested when the time comes for the face-off with Shoma.  That meeting of the two of them guarantees that the Japanese Nationals will be one of the most closely-watched national competitions by the world at large.  I can pretty well say that with two strong Olympian hopefuls facing each other the Japanese Nationals are going to be almost extravagantly replete with drama.

Saw some posts on songs that remind us of Yuzu or encourages him/us, so I decided to share this video I watched yesterday. It was so touching and the video corresponded to the lyrics well :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Not the most professional translation, but hopefully it will do

Title: 这一路走来 (The Journey Thus Far)  [it literally means this road that i've walked down]

从来不是他们刻划的那种样子

I’ve never been what they molded me to be

不是谁的王子 讲不出煽情的字

I’m not anyone’s prince, I can’t say any romantic words

在喧嚣的王国 守护自己的寂寞

In this noisy kingdom, I stand by my loneliness

门外惊心动魄 门里我泰然自若

Outside I’m full of energy and suspense, but within I’m calm as a water

*这一路走来 说不上多辛苦 庆幸心里很清楚

I can’t say that my journey thus far isn’t difficult, but I’m blessed that I know clearly in my heart

是因为还有 那么一点在乎 才执着这段旅途

That it’s because I still care a little, I am still stubborn about this journey

这一路走来 还忍得住孤独 一个人聊胜于无

I can still bear the loneliness of this journey, having one person to talk with is better than none.

在滚滚浊世 也绝不把梦交出 尽管过程多残酷

Even in this chaotic world, I’ll never surrender my dream, no matter how cruel the process may be.

心偶尔酸酸的 渗出泪水咸咸的

My heart sometimes wrenches sourly and salty tears fall down my cheeks

总有某个时刻 碰触爱是暖暖的

But there will be a moment, when I will come across the warm touch of love

心里一直有你 为了你我不放弃

I always have you in my heart, and for your sake I’m not giving up

曲折忐忑崎岖 总有一天都抚平

There may be lots of ups and downs now, but one day all this will calm down

Repeat *

越爱的 越束手无策

The more I love, the more I’m out of control,

越痛的 越铭心深刻

The more I’m hurt, and the deeper the impression

谁来了 谁走了 谁在天地间不舍

Who will come? Who will leave? Who will miss who?

这一路走来 难免有些糊涂 难免会把谁辜负

On this journey thus far, I can’t help but be foolish sometimes; I can’t help but disappoint someone

我们是漂浮 沧海中的一粟 有什么不能让步

We are but a grain floating in the ocean, what can we not compromise?

这一路走来 什么都不算数 如果没你的祝福

Nothing counts if I didn’t have your blessings and support down this path

一步又一步在人生中过渡 谁会懂谁的全部

As we walk through life step by step, who will understand all of who?

这一路走来 总最怀念 最初的坦白

What I’ve always missed the most is the candidness when (I/we) first set foot on this journey.

la la la la....(lots of la)

我这一路走来 扬起漫天的尘埃

As I walked down this road, I’ve lifted dust across the skies.

I've been skimming through the thread and ...

Let me give my two cents, and then I have to be sorta away for the weekend (change of plan now that I don't have Men's FS and Gala to wait for)

Regarding fans pushing Yuzu to upgrade his layout. :sigh: I am in the camp who was hoping for 4Lz (and maybe 4A, if you squint, for pride reasons, don't kill me!), because, among other things, looking at how much judges fudge he needs it to be on the secure side of winning against the 'quantity-over-quality squad'. I want him to win because that is what he wants. Getting that 2nd OGM is not my, or any fans' goal; it is Yuzuru Hanyu's goal. We just want to support him. He could retire now, and will still be the Greatest of All the effing Time in my heart and I believe in the heart of so many. He could choose the route of staying with what he is comfortable with, and with the all the blessings of the skating gods, he might still win anyway. But eventually, he is the one who decided to upgrade his layout.

I know that it is easy to blame the layout upgrade for this particular injury, but I think we should really put into account that it is his decision with blessings from his team. I would never be so arrogant as to say we fans have much if any, influence on what he would or should do. This injury is unfathomably unfortunate, but blaming it on anything is not going to help anyone. This man is the same boy who insisted on adding 4S into his arsenal during the last Olympic cycle against his coach wishes because he knew/thought/was convinced he needed it. True, he has changed; wiser and more willing to discuss things with his team. But at the heart of heart, Yuzuru is still the same athlete who pushes himself because if he is not challenging himself, "why continue to compete at all?"

I am unbelievably saddened and broken hearted that he had to WD from NHK and therefore unable to defend his GPF champion title. My personal decision, however, is to not blame this on anyone. Because really, whose fault is this layout upgrade? Yuzu and his team - who make the ultimate decision about the said upgrade? Fans who are 'pushing him' to do so? The aforementioned 'quantity-over-quality squad' and their team who necessitated the upgrade? The judge fudging? The ISU for sucking at making sure their judge don't fudge? The skating gods for making this sport moves the way it does? Yuzu again for successfully starting the quad revolution?

I know that each person's coping mechanism is different. For some, finding someone or something to blame probably helps to ease the aching in their hearts. For me, that doesn't help. It channels my sadness into anger. And in this particular situation, I'd rather be sad than angry. A sad me only needs to see the silver lining to be hopeful again. An angry me needs 1) a person/thing to be angry at, 2) to do something to change the situation I am angry about, neither of which is possible/reasonable.

There's one thing that bothers me, which despite being pale in comparison to the love the skating community is showing him, stuck out like a sore thumb anyway,

Spoiler

and it's those who are usually Yuzu's critics voicing that they want him to be well because the FS world needs him. I want Yuzu to be well because I care about his wellbeing and I care about what he wants to achieve for which he needs to be well. In this aspect, I could not care less about the rest of the FS world. I'd rather they just be silent than saying they wish him to be well because the FS world needs him, instead of because as human people, they, never mind care about him, sympathise and empathise with him.

That's it. That's my two cents.

At the end of the day, I have faith in Yuzuru. He will recover, he will come back and achieve his goals. In the meantime, I am praying for him, and sending him positive thoughts.

Yuzu, Ganba!!!

1 hour ago, Sapphiresushi said:

Just sent an email for the banner message initiative (initiated by @gladi if i'm correct...?) ><

Hope our msgs can reach yuzu and cheer him up:peekapooh:

Every single message we receive, we'll include :) The final banner will be sent to CC. Yes, hope he takes some time to rest, heal properly and be patted a little (^_^||), and then, like it's always been, the final goal is the Olympics! Hope people's supportive voices can be a surge of force behind him. 

2 hours ago, kamotejojo said:

Is P&G trying to comfort us?

Thank you for bringing these clips over here and make me smile and laugh truly for the first time today. He is so adorkable in these with the glasses! and his effort to sell products haha (look at how he Incorporated the awkward turn and spray into his sales pitch haha ):POOH:

===============================

Also, I am just gonna leave this here for anyone who is interested in the prognosis and treatment of ankle ligament injury:

*microscopic  tear  (Grade  I)

- rest,  ice,  compression,  elevation

"RICE"

*macroscopic  tear  (Grade  II)

-strap  ankle  in  dorsiflexion  and  eversion  x  4-6  wk 

-physiotherapy:  strengthening  and  proprioceptive  retraining 

*complete  tear  (Grade  III)

-below knee walking  cast  x  4-6  wk

-physiotherapy:  strengthening  and  proprioceptive  retraining 

-surgical  intervention  may  be  required  if  chronic  symptomatic  instability  develops

So healing time and process depends on the level of his injury.. from the reports so far, His injury sounds less like complete tear, more likely a grade I or II tear... if it's grade I then he probably can resume training pretty soon without problem...but if it's grade II, he will need to tak e 4~6week to heal and then doing rehabilitation to get back to from, that means Japan National will be cutting it close too...:squishedPooh: 

At this moment we can only wish that his tear is microscopic and that his body speed up its healing process (eat well,sleep well, Zuzu! Mama Hanyu, please pammper him!!!) And hope that no long term instability develops...:dpooh:

9 minutes ago, gladi said:

Every single message we receive, we'll include :) The final banner will be sent to CC. Yes, hope he takes some time to rest, heal properly and be patted a little (^_^||), and then, like it's always been, the final goal is the Olympics! Hope people's supportive voices can be a surge of force behind him. 

Thank you @gladi for organizing, I will send my message later via email. 

Just a thought, but maybe we can get this banner printed as a blanket or quilt (similar to photo blankets you can purchase through Shutterfly). Somehow the idea of our words of support being able to be physically wrapped around him as a warm blanket seems comforting. I’d be willing to chip in. 

13 minutes ago, kiches said:

Just a thought, but maybe we can get this banner printed as a blanket or quilt (similar to photo blankets you can purchase through Shutterfly). Somehow the idea of our words of support being able to be physically wrapped around him as a warm blanket seems comforting. I’d be willing to chip in. 

I love this idea! I've sent my message as well. Hope all these will help at least a tiny bit :) And thank u gladi for this great initiative! 

9 minutes ago, kiches said:

Omg I love this idea! But it might be expensive? Don't hesitate to ask for donation @gladi (we can probably donate via PayPal?) if it's necessary to cover the expense for a banner or blanket or whatever you decide to print the messages on and the mailing fee! 

26 minutes ago, gladi said:

Thank you gladi! I'm debating whether I want to write (in english, chinese?) or draw something more elaborate. 

Speaking of which, are we going to do anything for his birthday? This is probably the first bday he's had in a while that did not fall on a GPF. It might be a nice break for him and celebrate it like a normal human for once. 

2 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I'd love to do something but my heart feels so sad i can't really think of anything meaningful.

I feel so fucking useless right now :sadPooh:

Hydro, you are a founder of the planet, the existence of which is plenty useful. =)

Let us other satellite think and take care of stuff once in a while, alright? Just a small suggestion. =)

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

Hydro, you created the planet, that was plenty useful. =)

Let us other satellite think and take care of stuff once in a while, alright? Just a small suggestion. =)

:sadPooh:I am sorry. 

But i'm glad i literally sit in a corner at the office, this way people can ignore my ugly sobbing. 

Google how to deliver good wishes all the way to Sendai yahoo answers i'm feeling lucky

:sadPooh:

56 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

Saw some posts on songs that remind us of Yuzu or encourages him/us, so I decided to share this video I watched yesterday. It was so touching and the video corresponded to the lyrics well :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Not the most professional translation, but hopefully it will do

Title: 这一路走来 (The Journey Thus Far)  [it literally means this road that i've walked down]

从来不是他们刻划的那种样子

I’ve never been what they molded me to be

不是谁的王子 讲不出煽情的字

I’m not anyone’s prince, I can’t say any romantic words

在喧嚣的王国 守护自己的寂寞

In this noisy kingdom, I stand by my loneliness

门外惊心动魄 门里我泰然自若

Outside I’m full of energy and suspense, but within I’m calm as a water

*这一路走来 说不上多辛苦 庆幸心里很清楚

I can’t say that my journey thus far isn’t difficult, but I’m blessed that I know clearly in my heart

是因为还有 那么一点在乎 才执着这段旅途

That it’s because I still care a little, I am still stubborn about this journey

这一路走来 还忍得住孤独 一个人聊胜于无

I can still bear the loneliness of this journey, having one person to talk with is better than none.

在滚滚浊世 也绝不把梦交出 尽管过程多残酷

Even in this chaotic world, I’ll never surrender my dream, no matter how cruel the process may be.

心偶尔酸酸的 渗出泪水咸咸的

My heart sometimes wrenches sourly and salty tears fall down my cheeks

总有某个时刻 碰触爱是暖暖的

But there will be a moment, when I will come across the warm touch of love

心里一直有你 为了你我不放弃

I always have you in my heart, and for your sake I’m not giving up

曲折忐忑崎岖 总有一天都抚平

There may be lots of ups and downs now, but one day all this will calm down

Repeat *

越爱的 越束手无策

The more I love, the more I’m out of control,

越痛的 越铭心深刻

The more I’m hurt, and the deeper the impression

谁来了 谁走了 谁在天地间不舍

Who will come? Who will leave? Who will miss who?

这一路走来 难免有些糊涂 难免会把谁辜负

On this journey thus far, I can’t help but be foolish sometimes; I can’t help but disappoint someone

我们是漂浮 沧海中的一粟 有什么不能让步

We are but a grain floating in the ocean, what can we not compromise?

这一路走来 什么都不算数 如果没你的祝福

Nothing counts if I didn’t have your blessings and support down this path

一步又一步在人生中过渡 谁会懂谁的全部

As we walk through life step by step, who will understand all of who?

这一路走来 总最怀念 最初的坦白

What I’ve always missed the most is the candidness when (I/we) first set foot on this journey.

la la la la....(lots of la)

我这一路走来 扬起漫天的尘埃

As I walked down this road, I’ve lifted dust across the skies.

I teared up watching this. Especially during 02:45. I was watching with my new Pooh but then I had to cover his eyes because it broke my heart seeing that moment :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: