General Yuzuru Chat

I arrived in Osaka to bad news of Yuzu's fall and possible WD, then the announcement of WD today. I had no words, I am overwhelmed, hence I have not said anything since my arrival. It is the first time I have ever gone out of my way to see an athlete after all.

However, whatever Yuzu decides, is surely what is best for himself. I will not doubt it, and only wish for him to be healthy and achieve his ultimate goal. The most important is surely his health and happiness. That too, will lead to my happiness.

I will still attend the competition tomorrow. I will still watch the other disciplines, and the mens. I will be there to hand out swans. Surely, all these prayers will reach him.

17 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

(sorry for ranting in advance)

i'm fed up with seeing the people I love suffering from stuff they don't deserve... on tuesday, a classmate who was one of the kindest and most loved people i've known commited suicide. he was my best friend's best friend and what hurts most is seeing her so devastated. she keeps crying and blaming herself and i feel so powerless...
i was counting on watching Yuzu perform at NHK to brighten up my mood a bit. the news about his inevitable WD make me feel just as powerless. i'd give him both my ankles and legs if I could. why is the universe so unfair to the nicest people? i'd give everything to see both him and my friend genuinely happy again. i just want this cursed week to end.
i'm so thankful that this community exists- the Planet has helped me remain positive and cope with the stress/worry about Zu. i'm glad he prioritised his health, i'm sending him all my love and wishing him a speedy recovery. i'm positive he'll get through this and come back stronger... hugs to all of you guys as well <3

:10742289::10742289::10742289:

I have no doubt that Yuzu knows and feels that he is currently being sent a gazillion well wishes in many forms. Like Briand said, the goal is that 2nd Gold so he has to get positive. After that initial shock and depression, I think he will refocus his energy and concentrate on that goal. The time table is decent and workable. Back to Toronto, back to the bubble and get better for the big show. And no matter what, Japan will send him to Olympics... 100% positive, no matter what happens with Nats. 

Just now, sublimeskating said:

JSF is insane if they don't send the best skater they have to olympics!

isn't there a rule that says if skater misses nationals, they will be assessed based on past season's results?

well yuzu won silver at both ACI and COR this season and was GPF and WC gold medalist last season

and he's the world record holder, olympic champion, etc.

so yeah, he will be going to the olympics

there will be a riot if they don't send him!

This is not gonna happen! They will send him under any circumstance, I have no doubt! He is the best in the world ! 

I feel like I also have to post in here..

I kept following (waiting) for the final decision and it was out while I was at work and it was kinda stressing me out, but I felt like I sensed it coming. I didn't think it's bad though, obviously it's a wise, smart decision, albeit very sad to hear..

I'm sure he's also heartbroken and shaken up but I'm hoping he'll feel much better soon (not talking about his leg/ankle only but also his state of mind).. everyone around him will make sure he's taken care of well. It's important for him to have the right state of mind to be able to help his recovery.

Let's hope and pray together that his journey to recovery will go smoothly and I look forward to seeing him with a smile, showing his best. :tumblr_inline_mqt4gvxxtJ1qz4rgp:

p.s. oh my TCC is in rather gloomy period let's hope sunshine will come through quickly.