General Yuzuru Chat

Sorry, it is always shared...

"his team considered the plan to avoid 4loop and 4ltz taking off with right leg, but he right leg had pain just by putting his weight on it, and he had tears for not being able to skate.

But his coach Brian said to him "Our goal is achieve the 2nd Olympic gold medal.  You have to get positive." and he strongly replied "Yes.""

(sorry for ranting in advance)

i'm fed up with seeing the people I love suffering from stuff they don't deserve... on tuesday, a classmate who was one of the kindest and most loved people i've known commited suicide. he was my best friend's best friend and what hurts most is seeing her so devastated. she keeps crying and blaming herself and i feel so powerless...
i was counting on watching Yuzu perform at NHK to brighten up my mood a bit. the news about his inevitable WD make me feel just as powerless. i'd give him both my ankles and legs if I could. why is the universe so unfair to the nicest people? i'd give everything to see both him and my friend genuinely happy again. i just want this cursed week to end.
i'm so thankful that this community exists- the Planet has helped me remain positive and cope with the stress/worry about Zu. i'm glad he prioritised his health, i'm sending him all my love and wishing him a speedy recovery. i'm positive he'll get through this and come back stronger... hugs to all of you guys as well <3

hace 15 minutos , Mastyaeva said:

Twit with swan for Yuzu - done, me - also done :13877886:Hug you all guys. Will still try to do something today.

I'll do mine today when I get home. Doing some handwork really helps. And I still have to publish my ACI videos from day one, these turned out to have the best footage. And there are photos and autographs from skaters waiting to be arranged in a nice album. So I have things to do and switch to positive mode :smile:. And look forward to good news from TCC :bow:.

I haven't had a chance to backtrack and read all the commentary after Yuzu's withdrawal but I think this is the occasion for me to bring up an issue that I've thought about for some time.  I think the ISU should make a rule that allows for anybody who has had a podium position in a previous season's event to have an automatic spot to compete in that event, with the caveat that the skater (or skaters in the case of dance and pairs) have been competing continuously since that podium finish.  It's too late to change things now because to do so would be seen as favoring Yuzu, but if the rule were in place Yuzu would be automatically eligible for the GPF.  Putting that rule in place for the Olympics would not be possible since the Olympics committee makes the rules there, not the ISU.  I do not think skaters would abuse this, either, since if they are past their prime they would not wish to face the humiliation if they should lose in a big way.  They would probably only enter if they felt themselves legitimately in the hunt for a medal.  If I'm not mistaken, I think the PGA has a rule along these lines.  Just a thought.

hace 1 minuto , sublimeskating said:

this is random...

but mods, can we have the planet hanyu banner be something like a "get well" message?

something to show how we're all hoping he'll get well soon?

I think it is a good idea

hace 7 minutos , yuzuuu said:

I thought I was fine already but I just started crying so badly once again when bathing. ;-;  I need to be strong and support Yuzu :yes:

:consoling2:  It will pass. We will get good news soon, I am sure. 

2 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

i'm fed up with seeing the people I love suffering from stuff they don't deserve... on tuesday, a classmate who was one of the kindest and most loved people i've known commited suicide. he was my best friend's best friend and what hurts most is seeing her so devastated. she keeps crying and blaming herself and i feel so powerless...
i was counting on watching Yuzu perform at NHK to brighten up my mood a bit. the news about his inevitable WD make me feel just as powerless. i'd give him both my ankles and legs if I could. why is the universe so unfair to the nicest people? i'd give everything to see both him and my friend genuinely happy again. i just want this cursed week to end.
i'm so thankful that this community exists- the Planet has helped me remain positive and cope with the stress/worry about Zu. i'm glad he prioritised his health, i'm sending him all my love and wishing him a speedy recovery. i'm positive he'll get through this and come back stronger... hugs to all of you guys as well <3

aw I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you, sending virtual hugs! :10742289: hope your best friend will get back on her feet soon! it's very hard after losing a precious one, I know..

at times of ordeal we need to keep being strong and support our loved ones (whether it's your best friend or yuzuru) :grouphug: so keep strong! we're all here for you

8 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

I know. it's so unfair. he works so hard, continues to challenge himself, inspires people, he deserves all the good things. but the universe just love toying with him. He has fought through so many difficult times already. JUST WHY. whyyyyyyy. I refuse to accept this. but as I said many times before, I'm going to believe everything happens for a reason, for there to be something truly spectacular on the right time.