General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Is there a banner limitation for Olympics?

Then I suggest:

Making a HUGE banner of Pooh the Tissue Box and hang up the banner near the boards :LOL:

Gooood idea but banners will mooost probably be screened (if there are any) :sadPooh:

6 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

In his defense it could be that it tasted good, but too sweet :P

6 hours ago, PapiandPooh421 said:

Judging from the amount of chocolate bar and milk he made it from, it might be diabetes-inducing sweet:facepalm:

I don't want to say it so as to not be super rude, but... (with all love) amateurs xD *comes from a family where three batches of cookies are gone in less than one day*

On a side note, if you use the Yuzu recipe with 40% baking chocolate instead of Ghana, you'll get less sweet, but much stronger drink-if you then add ginger it's almost not feelable, but you'll still feel as warm and cozy^^

5 hours ago, MrPudding said:

Max is us. Using free time for Yuzu while waiting for more Yuzu :smiley-laughing021:

No joke. I don't remember last time I was so invested into something...

Or someone :biggrin: 

5 hours ago, Floria said:

He can be fine but tired. And doing 4Lz half asleep is never a good idea.

So, we'll not get any more news until tomorrow because it's already evening in Osaka. The positive thing about this is that I will have some work done finally :laughing:  instead of checking Twitter every other second.

You WILL do work? I'm like, so amazed right now at your control :bow:. My work today consist of slowly breaking it in to my friends and dormmates that I'm dead to them for this weekend- I'm going to watch all disciplines, even if I have to get up and five thirty.

2 hours ago, Floria said:

He can still do it backstage before entering the ice. But I just wish him to be less dependent on these things...

Wasn't there a gif of Brian sending a Swanzuru off to the gala and taking Pooh with himself, and said Swanzuru going all: 'WAIT I NEED POOH FIRST'.

1 hour ago, robin said:

What if someone "threw" him a Pooh before he skates and that someone happens to be Kikuchi-san and that Pooh happens to be his tissue box Pooh?

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

Just give Pooh a hat, trench coat, and moustache. Nobody will suspect a thing!

Okay, now we are moving into fantsy territory...

57 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

But for real, if someone really did throw a Pooh during the warm-up, everyone will look at Yuzuru and he'll be like "it's not my fault" :smiley-laughing021:

...and, we are back to reality.

37 minutes ago, moonkat said:

Why don't fans throw pooh tissues boxes, complete  with tissues inside?

Wouldn't that sprawl on the ice though? More work for cleaning up kids. Especially with Pooh rain accompaniament. Yuzuru wuld have to take extra long bows, during which the kids would be already picking up the stuff...hmm...that's not a bad idea actually-more ice time for Yuzu! (Only if he skates last, though-don't want to spoil other skater's warm ups)

4 時間前, KatjaTheraさんが言いました:

I wonder if Disney being originally an American company has something to do with why they won't sponsor him... (ETA: just to be clear, I'm not talking about politics, but rather the complications of international sponsorship. Then again, P&G isn't originally Japanese either, as far as I know... It might depend how much autonomy the local branches have...)

But I, too, think it has to do with copyrights... Since Pooh is a Disney character, the IOC would probably be required to pay a part of the television rights and such to Disney, if their character appears (because the Olympics is a much bigger deal than the average skating competition). And in general that probably applies for all non-sponsor brands. Though that's just a guess, not sure if that's the official stance or not.

I came across something somewhere that says Disney threatened to sue a day-care center or a kindergarten (I can't remember which but it was a child-related facility) for having their characters painted on their walls without permission but Universal Studios stepped in and not only offered the place free use of their characters but sent their own artists to paint over the Disney ones, too. Not sure how true this story is but if there's any truth in it, it's just as well Hanyu's connection with them isn't deeper than the Pooh collection he has.

Speaking of Disney or UA sponsorship, well, why sponsor someone when they are already bringing in free publicity that results in profit (all the Poohs being bought, all the UA fans might acquire)? It's a waste of their resources to pay for free publicity. 

Look at Javi, he only began to use Reebok when they sponsored him. Nathan dropped Adidas and changed to Nike (or was it the other way around?) when they sponsored him. Yuzu is already wearing UA, so why would UA sponsor him? :P

12 分, xeyraさんが言いました:

Speaking of Disney or UA sponsorship, well, why sponsor someone when they are already bringing in free publicity that results in profit (all the Poohs being bought, all the UA fans might acquire)? It's a waste of their resources to pay for free publicity. 

Look at Javi, he only began to use Reebok when they sponsored him. Nathan dropped Adidas and changed to Nike (or was it the other way around?) when they sponsored him. Yuzu is already wearing UA, so why would UA sponsor him? :P

Come to think of it, it's pretty strange an athlete of his mantle and fame doesn't seem to have any sportswear as a sponsor. Like didn't Kanako used to have Adidas as a sponsor when she was still competing? I find it hard to believe that none approached him for an endorsement so the only other reason I can think of is he didn't accept any. And like @xeyra said, he already endorses UA of his own free will so...

I wonder if Edea and JW Blades have to pay athletes for using their image for advertising purposes, since it doesn't seem like skaters are getting freebies from them. Or maybe they have a deal where they're given good discounts in exchange for permission to use their image for promotional reasons? So curious...

5 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Come to think of it, it's pretty strange an athlete of his mantle and fame doesn't seem to have any sportswear as a sponsor. Like didn't Kanako have Adidas as a sponsor? I find it hard to believe that none approached him for an endorsement so the only other reason I can think of is he didn't accept any. And like you said, he already endorses UA of his own free will so...

I wonder if Edea and JW Blades have to pay athletes for using their image for advertising purposes, since it doesn't seem like skaters are getting freebies from them. Or maybe they have a deal where they're given good discounts in exchange for permission for use their image for promotional reasons? So curious...

Maybe they have but he refuses cause he wants to keep wearing UA :P

Can't find the "off topic" emoticon...

Going by this logic, publicity would not be necessary for the already well established brands, yet they are quite necessarily the ones who invest the most is sponsorships. Celebrities, most of the time, can advertise a brand just wearing it and without directly being affiliated to it- Free publicity as you call it, yet companies are still willing to invest in cms etc.

41 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Come to think of it, it's pretty strange an athlete of his mantle and fame doesn't seem to have any sportswear as a sponsor. Like didn't Kanako used to have Adidas as a sponsor when she was still competing? I find it hard to believe that none approached him for an endorsement so the only other reason I can think of is he didn't accept any. And like @xeyra said, he already endorses UA of his own free will so...

I wonder if Edea and JW Blades have to pay athletes for using their image for advertising purposes, since it doesn't seem like skaters are getting freebies from them. Or maybe they have a deal where they're given good discounts in exchange for permission to use their image for promotional reasons? So curious...

Does Phiten not count?

During Nationals he almost always wears a white jacket with Nike’s logo on it. As far as I can tell at Nationals tell he’s the only one that does so I didn’t consider it a Team Japan thing.