General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I think it's this!! By attaching a 3T to every jump, moreover, you move your focus from "I don't know if I'll land the jump" to "After I land it, I have to do a 3T" which I think it's super. 

I don't think it's an Eteri thing, I'm pretty sure Yuzuru, Javi and probably other TCC skaters are trained to be able to tack on a 3T to everything. Shoma definitely took notes from Medvedeva though.

6 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

It's pretty normal to train combos too, so it's not a weird thing if he tries one with the Lz here and there.

Yeah, probably the difference is that Eteri is training her athletes systematically this way? I don't think it's usual for coaches to make their skaters jump over 20 jumps in a runthrough. Maybe even Yuzuru, he trains combos, but who knows if he trains them systematically to stabilize the jump? From what he said in interviews, his practice of 4Lz was pretty tepid up till now. Of course, I believe he's training it intensely and daily now, together with the rest of the quads... 

Ugh, I wish we could have news about how's he doing without Brian! 

11 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Yeah, probably the difference is that Eteri is training her athletes systematically this way? I don't think it's usual for coaches to make their skaters jump over 20 jumps in a runthrough. Maybe even Yuzuru, he trains combos, but who knows if he trains them systematically to stabilize the jump? From what he said in interviews, his practice of 4Lz was pretty tepid up till now. Of course, I believe he's training it intensely and daily now, together with the rest of the quads... 

Ugh, I wish we could have news about how's he doing without Brian! 

Brian showed up with one of his student (Stephen Gogolev) competition in Canada. I think he probably at the club with Yuzu for a couple hours at least before he fully healed. 

1 minute ago, Sammie said:

Brian showed up with one of his student (Stephen Gogolev) competition in Canada. I think he probably at the club with Yuzu for a couple hours at least before he fully healed. 

Ah, I see! So he's healthy enough to get out of the house, that's good for him. Well, for NHK, he should leave Canada in only three days or so, so it's impossible. But Yuzuru is training with him. Good. Yuzuru knows Brian will be following his every move. And Tracy will be his speakswoman or something lol. 

(I think I have a bit of a trauma since WTT 2017... Brian wasn't there and Yuzu f*cked up Prince. So I am a little scared of Brain not being there. But if Yuzuru's gonna train with him right before the plane trip... then it's gonna be okay). 

8 hours ago, yuzu.fairy said:

New Yuzu Footage:smiley-happy085:

I've been pretty involved in SC and CoC twitter fandom and I thought that was pretty busy re: content but I forgot how the ante goes up to eleven when Yuzu is in the picture, I'm so not ready LOL

People have translated this clip patchily so I'll just roughly fill in the blanks.

[Costume fitting]

Yuzu: The cloth is beautiful isn't it
Yuzu: The sleeve is a little long (after jumping) I don't quite like this part.

Narrator: The most important thing is for him to move easily. He chose a light cloth so it would match/align his body better. For this important Olympic season, Hanyu-senshuu is fighting with a free program he has absolute confidence in. [introduces the 'legendary' Seimei program and the fact it was record breaking etc.] 

Yuzu: You can say it was a masterpiece at the time, a program you can rewatch many times again. Because of that, I can get more information/meaning from it* and my own image (of it) has been completely burned into my mind, so I want to surpass my own record and my own memory of it. 
*not sure about this precise translation (そういった意味でも聞き込んでいるし)

[Toronto footage, narrator explains mechanics of the Lutz]

[Yuzu icing his feet]

Narrator: While spending time to take the greatest care of his body, he continues to train

Yuzu: (the part beginning 'I need to keep challenging myself' to the end of Iron Klaus' translation)

Narrator: Outlines what happened at ACI, explaining he had an injury in his knee and had to change his layout

Yuzu [on ACI]: Talks about hitting PB as above.
I had/experienced the frustration of not being able to skate with all my strength. As I continuously challenge myself, I can grow. And because I can grow, I have the joy of being able to challenge myself once again. If I don't have that type of situation, I think participating in a competition loses meaning for me.

Narrator: Recaps what happened at Rostelecom.
There were misses [in his Rostelecom Cup skate] but Hanyu-senshuu felt like he had gained a response/reaction (tegotai is hard to translate...the feeling is like he had learned something key to his development, like he uncovered something new/useful from the experience)

Yuzu: [pointing to the sky] that's so beautiful. It's like a halo is shining. I've probably taken a step forward. I was able to put the Lutz in the actual performance, which was more than I expected so I feel a sense of accomplishment. It feels like the starting line has narrowed a bit. 

[Narrator hype for NHK ; u ;]

He endeared himself to me 300% (as if he couldn't be at max already) by being awed by the sky because I am the exact same way. Also, a pertinent reminder that he gets his satisfaction from the joy of overcoming challenges and not by successes (which just follow from him overcoming his challenges). Truly a rare and special human being. 

Also 

:laughing:

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

Tracy Wilson is Yuzuru's full-fledged coach, in her own right.

Yeah, sorry, that sounded bad. I didn't mean to undermine her at all, I know she has as much knowledge/worth as a coach as Brian! I meant, she probably knows how to consider Brian's point of view a little better than Yuzuru, so she will fill his role as well. 

19 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

(I think I have a bit of a trauma since WTT 2017... Brian wasn't there and Yuzu f*cked up Prince. So I am a little scared of Brain not being there. But if Yuzuru's gonna train with him right before the plane trip... then it's gonna be okay). 

Well, Yuzuru f*cked up Seimei at ACI and Brian was there so... Tracy is really good at reading her skaters. You can see it in her commentary about Javi from Cup of China.  I hope Ghislain will be at NHK too since he is Yuzuru's jump coach so he probably would help a little with correcting his axis etc. 

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Yeah, sorry, that sounded bad. I didn't mean to undermine her at all, I know she has as much knowledge/worth as a coach as Brian! I meant, she probably knows how to consider Brian's point of view a little better than Yuzuru, so she will fill his role as well. 

Well, they're his coaching team so they work as a whole. Yuzuru doesn't work with Brian alone, or even just Tracy; there're other people there like Briand for example, who may even go to NHK with them, due to the jumps. She's really a fantastic coach so it'll be just fine, and most importantly she and Yuzuru work well :smile:

6 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

Yuzu is perfectly capable of f*cking up his SP in Brian's presence :bash:

we drag him because it's true :laughing:

Tracy seems wonderful at reading the skaters' emotions and being a source of mental support and comfort (still haven't forgotten this post about how she was the one to help Yuzu mentally out of his post-Boston-injury slump). I'm sure he'll be okay ;; 

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

Well, they're his coaching team so they work as a whole. Yuzuru doesn't work with Brian alone, or even just Tracy; there're other people there like Briand for example, who may even go to NHK with them, due to the jumps. She's really a fantastic coach so it'll be just fine, and most importantly she and Yuzuru work well :smile:

Yeah, probably that's just the anxiety part of my Brian coming through :biggrin: The same part that wishes for NHK to be OVER already so I can get one month stress-free before dying for GPF!