General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

It's kinda off topic now but... I have no idea what I'd like to cook for Yuzuru because eeek! Roman food is sper savoury, very strong flavors that are super different from Japanese flavors and especially the kind of flavors that Yuzuru has shown to like - delicate and refreshing... Roman cuisine is the complete opposite XD We cover everything with salty cheese, pepper, chili, fat meat, tomato sauce, we fry stuff... Uhm... and he appreciates rice a lot, so his love for pasta will never be as strong as our own (Italian's). 

So maybe, really the best idea would be to cook him a meal in which I can convey my passion for cooking, combined with my passion for Japan as a country... I would love to make some makis for him, with fresh, Italian fish, and Japanese seaweed and sushi styled rice. Made and rolled wiith my hands, I really love how direct the relationship between chef and person who eats can become that way. Yes, I'd love to make some sushi maki for him. Refreshing, light, and a fusion of Japanese cuisine with Italian products. 

(Wow, I have a lot to say about this) 

I love this off topic topic 😃

what would I cook for Yuzuru? weeell, since ice-rinks are cold I'd make some kind of Christmas tea adding honey, cinnamon and lemon :) 

as for a meal, I'd just cook some of my own favorite dishes, because whenever I travel, I like to taste the local food (as long as it's nothing revolting). I think I'll make my favorite salad, some caramelized asparagus (delicate and refreshing) and then a pumpkin soup (best soup ever)  with some nice dark bread and butter^^ I'm not sure whether Yuzuru likes sweet stuff/ desserts. Does anyone know? If he likes them, I'd probably make homemade mango ice-cream (delicate and fresh, too), yum!

As for Boyang and Shoma, since they both don't like vegetables and love sweets and meat, I'd do some barbecue with sausages, grilled meat, really good dark bread with lots of different toppings like eggplant-creme, homemade  -garlic butter, -bruschetta, -guacamole, as well as some nice salad. As dessert I'd bake a cake or make homemade ice-cream again or buy some 'local' sweets like lindt-chocolate, ginger bread, Mozart marzipan. 😅 I'd love to make some sort of potato/brokkoli or potato/vegetable gratin, just to prove to them that vegetables can taste good, too! 

Another idea is to let them decorate their own pizza 😃 I believe they'd like that! I wish they'd visit me someday, lol 

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

Men’s competitions were remembered by the duel between Hanyu and Chen. Why did the Japanese loose? Maybe he does not want to disclose all the trump cards?

– Hanyu concentrated on the execution of the quadruple lutz, such attitude affected execution of the following elements. In this I see the main reason for his failure. Japanese pulled jumps, he skates like a champion. He learned the quad lutz during the Olympic season. This speaks of tremendous motivation. Chen’s technical level and the cosmic performance of the quadruple jumps are admirable, but my sympathies are on Hanyu’s side. I root for Yuzuru, because he shows balanced figure skating.

Averbukh said that? Is world ending or what? 

11 hours ago, Xen said:

Well, our lord Yuzuru did not release any divine inspirations today, so the ladies are quiet. Empress 3A is working on embroidery, Lady 4T is instructing a crew on knitting gold scarves, Lady 4S is fixing the bonsai gardens, Lady 4Lo is working on her koto skills, and Lady 4Lz was told to help with recent court layout details so she's working on that with the chancellors...

Um, though to amuse us, since a lot of us cook, bake etc, if you could cook Yuzu a meal, what would you make for him?

IF Yuzuru got three days to visit your city, and you got to be his tour guide, where would you take him and why?

I'll make chocolate cake for him. Can't really cook LOL.

3 days huh...if it's SG, can't really bring him to Gardens by the Bay, can I? He has asthma...also, are people with asthma ok with zoos? My city is known as the Garden City, so a lot of stuff is parks/nature-related. If not, I can always bring him on walking tours through Little India, Kampong Glam and Arab Street, Chinatown, Joo Chiat etc. I find those more interesting and worth it than those typical touristy attractions (except Gardens by the Bay, that one is a gem).

Food-wise I'll recommend ice kacang, and I'll bring him to a Michelin-starred chicken rice store in Chinatown and buy him some bak kwa from Lim Chee Guan.

If it's HK, plenty of places! Hopefully they can inspire him in skating. Ngong Ping 360 cable car ride and take a bus to Tai O fishing village, have lunch at a local restaurant (seafood! black sesame paste! traditional snacks!) then take a ferry to Tuen Mun (hopefully spot pink dolphins on the way? rare but hopeful). Or visit walled villages in the more rural areas of Yuen Long and Kam Sheung Road. I can also bring him to Victoria Peak and then head back down, take the Star Ferry, walk along Tsim Sha Tsui then go for a tram ride on HK island. Another way would be to walk from Sham Shui Po to Yau Ma Tei and explore all the streets there. THAT is the heart of what is truly Hong Kong. The streets are separated by the things they sell, eg. pets, electronics, leather, fabric, arts and crafts. And there's a lot of good food. Heck, HK food is good in general? Dim sum is a MUST. I'll bring him to Hoi Tin Garden Restaurant, or/and pick fresh seafood from the seafood market next to it and go to those 'mushroom pavilions' in the vicinity and let them cook and serve immediately. 

This has been a shameless tourism PR for my homes.

16 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Do you think NHK, GPF and Nats will beat this.. because it is in Japan and they recently made the new rules(?) about banners and stuff. Perhaps they'll throw more flowers :laughing:

I'm super excited for Olympics but are poohs allowed to be thrown?

Someone tossed a Pooh in Sochi so perhaps.  I'm bringing 3 for Yuzu. And of course I'll have my own Pooh for me because it's necessary.  I just hope I don't pull him apart. I've already squeezed him to death. :smiley-laughing021:

7 minutes ago, Yoa said:

Averbukh said that? Is world ending or what? 

probably trying to get back on Med's good side since she ditched his free skate. 

19 minutes ago, the50person said:

3 days huh...if it's SG, can't really bring him to Gardens by the Bay, can I? He has asthma...also, are people with asthma ok with zoos? My city is known as the Garden City, so a lot of stuff is parks/nature-related. If not, I can always bring him on walking tours through Little India, Kampong Glam and Arab Street, Chinatown, Joo Chiat etc. I find those more interesting and worth it than those typical touristy attractions (except Gardens by the Bay, that one is a gem).

Food-wise I'll recommend ice kacang, and I'll bring him to a Michelin-starred chicken rice store in Chinatown and buy him some bak kwa from Lim Chee Guan.

If it's HK, plenty of places! Hopefully they can inspire him in skating. Ngong Ping 360 cable car ride and take a bus to Tai O fishing village, have lunch at a local restaurant (seafood! black sesame paste! traditional snacks!) then take a ferry to Tuen Mun (hopefully spot pink dolphins on the way? rare but hopeful). Or visit walled villages in the more rural areas of Yuen Long and Kam Sheung Road. I can also bring him to Victoria Peak and then head back down, take the Star Ferry, walk along Tsim Sha Tsui then go for a tram ride on HK island. Another way would be to walk from Sham Shui Po to Yau Ma Tei and explore all the streets there. THAT is the heart of what is truly Hong Kong. The streets are separated by the things they sell, eg. pets, electronics, leather, fabric, arts and crafts. And there's a lot of good food. Heck, HK food is good in general? Dim sum is a MUST. I'll bring him to Hoi Tin Garden Restaurant, or/and pick fresh seafood from the seafood market next to it and go to those 'mushroom pavilions' in the vicinity and let them cook and serve immediately. 

I like your food recommendations! I can volunteer to queue for the Michelin-starred chicken rice store, while you can chat with Yuzu at somewhere with air-conditioning! =P  Henderson bridge and Mount Faber park is very beautiful too! If you're going to the Garden by the Bay, the flower dome and cloud forest is a must!  

How's the air in Hong Kong? Years ago when I visited Hong Kong I couldn't sleep at night because my nose was completely blocked. Yuzu will need a N95 mask =P.

More shameless PR-ing =P

40 minutes ago, Eclair said:

I love this off topic topic 😃

what would I cook for Yuzuru? weeell, since ice-rinks are cold I'd make some kind of Christmas tea adding honey, cinnamon and lemon :) 

as for a meal, I'd just cook some of my own favorite dishes, because whenever I travel, I like to taste the local food (as long as it's nothing revolting). I think I'll make my favorite salad, some caramelized asparagus (delicate and refreshing) and then a pumpkin soup (best soup ever)  with some nice dark bread and butter^^ I'm not sure whether Yuzuru likes sweet stuff/ desserts. Does anyone know? If he likes them, I'd probably make homemade mango ice-cream, yum!

As for Boyang and Shoma, since they both don't like vegetables and love sweets and meat, I'd do some barbecue with sausages, grilled meat, really good dark bread with lots of different toppings like eggplant-creme, homemade  -garlic butter, -bruschetta, -guacamole, as well as some nice salad. As dessert I'd bake a cake or make homemade ice-cream again or buy some 'local' sweets like lindt-chocolate, ginger bread, Mozart marzipan. 😅 I wish they'd visit me someday, lol 

I feel strangely hungry at midnight after reading that...evil. 

@Murieleirum: You are not helping either, I love Italian!

Hmm...well he can't visit my city without trying heavier spicy food. It's super flavorful. So other than drag him around for hotpot, because Yuzu would probably die, I'd probably make dumplings (zhong shui jiao) which are in a mildly spicy and sweet sauce, dan dan noodles (not spicy at all), and probably some braised pork (hong shao), and sweet and sour spare ribs. Lotus root soup, and probably yin'er soup (it's a type of fungus, usually made as a sweet soup). Most of our vegetables are lightly stir-fried, so I think that's okay, and we can toss in some chicken broth marinated chinese cabbage. As for light and refreshing, hmm probably some bing feng (a type of dessert we have in summer) which is usually made with dried raisins, and a light brown sugar syrup. =)

As for tourism, well he's in the hometown of the pandas, so a trip to see the actual pandas is a must. I'd be happy to donate the money too so he can gear up and hold a young panda for a photo-op, assuming they still do that at the reserve. Then probably a trip to Dufu thatched cottage and Qin Yang Monestary (one of the oldest ones in the city), maybe a trip to Wu Hou Ci, so he can go admire Zhu Ge Liang from the three kingdoms period, since he's so brainy and everything. Day 2, probably take a 2 day trip to Du Jiang Yan, and see the dam that was built back in around 250 BC, then go to QingCheng mountains, which is a key taoist site, climb up to the top of the mountain, stay overnight and catch the sunrise, before going back down. If he visits during September, the area will be pretty with changing leaves. And the air is good so hopefully it won't affect his asthma. 

As for Averbukh...is he trying to get Yuzu to try him out as a choreographer? o_O Don't fall for that trap Zuzu!

11 minutes ago, Xen said:

I feel strangely hungry at midnight after reading that...evil. 

@Murieleirum: You are not helping either, I love Italian!

Hmm...well he can't visit my city without trying heavier spicy food. It's super flavorful. So other than drag him around for hotpot, because Yuzu would probably die, I'd probably make dumplings (zhong shui jiao) which are in a mildly spicy and sweet sauce, dan dan noodles (not spicy at all), and probably some braised pork (hong shao), and sweet and sour spare ribs. Lotus root soup, and probably yin'er soup (it's a type of fungus, usually made as a sweet soup). Most of our vegetables are lightly stir-fried, so I think that's okay, and we can toss in some chicken broth marinated chinese cabbage. As for light and refreshing, hmm probably some bing feng (a type of dessert we have in summer) which is usually made with dried raisins, and a light brown sugar syrup. =)

As for Averbukh...is he trying to get Yuzu to try him out as a choreographer? o_O Don't fall for that trap Zuzu!

18 minutes ago, 5expressions said:

@the50person @Eclair you guys have some mercy on this uni student living on campus and surviving on instant noodles, your explicit descriptions are making me very hungry!:facepalm: 

Seriously though everything sounds delicious, I wish I was Yuzu, so I could take full advantage of this diverse fandom and sample all the free food.

nothing is worse than reading yummy recipes one can't have 😿 the only cure is to write down something yummy oneself. That's what I did after murieleirum's post ...

20 minutes ago, Eclair said:

nothing is worse than reading yummy recipes one can't have 😿 the only cure is to write down something yummy oneself. That's what I did after murieleirum's post ...

That’s no good, instant noodles are all I can cook which doesn’t even count as cooking. I would have to pester my mum to cook something good for Yuzu but most traditional food here is too spicy anyway... I see @Xen has gone ahead and done exactly that with her own yummy food post, now I’m craving Chinese, it’s my fav cuisine:facepalm:(or whatever hybrid version of it they serve here, the real deal is probably even better)

i would definitely take Yuzu to Disneyland ,  let him pose with Winnie the Pooh , take many pics for him , let him go to the wtp ride while I’m getting in line for him:joy:, take him to some authentic Vietnamese restaurants  I’m sure he’ll love:laughing: in Little Saigon ,I also call in all favors , recruiting my brother who can cook the best crab noodle , and my niece who can whip out the fluffiest lemon sponge cake ( she’s in another state but I can give her a head up  :laughing: , as for me I can cook a killer fried dumplings :2thumbsup: . Ok , when he’s well fed I will then take him to the Disney store so that he can see all kinds of different Winie t Pooh over there !,  I will then proceed to show him my stack of magazines and posters and also my students papers about him and tell him about the love and respect fans have for him all over the world,... 

ok then I’ll let him rest :smile:

until next visit Yuzu !

i also let him play with my mixed poodle puppy who’s super cute and playful and loves everyone !

what I would give to see Yuzu with puppy :sadPooh:

1 hour ago, the50person said:

37 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

I like your food recommendations! I can volunteer to queue for the Michelin-starred chicken rice store, while you can chat with Yuzu at somewhere with air-conditioning! =P  Henderson bridge and Mount Faber park is very beautiful too! If you're going to the Garden by the Bay, the flower dome and cloud forest is a must!  

How's the air in Hong Kong? Years ago when I visited Hong Kong I couldn't sleep at night because my nose was completely blocked. Yuzu will need a N95 mask =P.

More shameless PR-ing =P

I wonder if Yuzu would appreciate a photo with Merlion? Typical tourist attraction but 10/10 would give an arm and a leg for a photo of him drinking water from Merlion :rofl:

If Yuzu visited I will be in trouble as I really don't have any cooking skills and I live currently in a  University city that does not have a lot of attractions. I guess he can enjoy the fresh air ( a bit cold though) and the fact that he can easily blend in with all the international students his age :shrug: 

If he visited my home city the the first place I would take him is back to the airport because it is not safe for him and he made a huge mistake by coming. Unfortunately my country is not visitor friendly currently :smiley-sad058:   but hopefully in the future it will be

I do wish I can have him test the tomatoes produced locally in my home country, they are the best and he already likes tomato so yay :P