General Yuzuru Chat

Some recent(?) Yuzu mentions by others:

Vincent Zhou

Spoiler

Ilia Averbukh

http://fs-gossips.com/ilia-averbukh-both-our-duos-look-better-than-shibutanis/

Men’s competitions were remembered by the duel between Hanyu and Chen. Why did the Japanese loose? Maybe he does not want to disclose all the trump cards?

– Hanyu concentrated on the execution of the quadruple lutz, such attitude affected execution of the following elements. In this I see the main reason for his failure. Japanese pulled jumps, he skates like a champion. He learned the quad lutz during the Olympic season. This speaks of tremendous motivation. Chen’s technical level and the cosmic performance of the quadruple jumps are admirable, but my sympathies are on Hanyu’s side. I root for Yuzuru, because he shows balanced figure skating.

15 minutes ago, robin said:

Watching Yuzu compete is def more nerve wrecking than the time I jumped down a 2000km mountain (ok, I paraglided down, but I was pretty scared initially)

I stopped breathing every time he jumps.. Continue to breath if he landed his jump.. And shocked if he falls.. sad all day if he loses.. And smiling like an idiot if he won.

How did he affects me so much? :dpooh:

8 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

I stopped breathing every time he jumps.. Continue to breath if he landed his jump.. And shocked if he falls.. sad all day if he loses.. And smiling like an idiot if he won.

Helsinki had me on a high for an entire week. :rofl:It was noticeable when I got back to work and my boss told me I seemed relaxed and happy.  

It's kinda off topic now but... I have no idea what I'd like to cook for Yuzuru because eeek! Roman food is sper savoury, very strong flavors that are super different from Japanese flavors and especially the kind of flavors that Yuzuru has shown to like - delicate and refreshing... Roman cuisine is the complete opposite XD We cover everything with salty cheese, pepper, chili, fat meat, tomato sauce, we fry stuff... Uhm... and he appreciates rice a lot, so his love for pasta will never be as strong as our own (Italian's). 

So maybe, really the best idea would be to cook him a meal in which I can convey my passion for cooking, combined with my passion for Japan as a country... I would love to make some makis for him, with fresh, Italian fish, and Japanese seaweed and sushi styled rice. Made and rolled wiith my hands, I really love how direct the relationship between chef and person who eats can become that way. Yes, I'd love to make some sushi maki for him. Refreshing, light, and a fusion of Japanese cuisine with Italian products. 

(Wow, I have a lot to say about this) 

6 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

Helsinki had me on a high for an entire week. :rofl:It was noticeable when I got back to work and my boss noticed I seemed relaxed and happy.  

Lucky you. :dpooh: You witness the low and the high of Yuzu from that event. How's the feeling after SP and after FS? :laughing: 

H&L was majestic. I'm gonna rewatch that program again tonight.. 

Eta: ehhh is this yours? 

Hace 2 horas, Yuazz said:

I feel exactly the same. The day he is competing I can't eat, work and process any information not related to the event.

I  think I am going to enjoy the next two GPs :rofl:

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

It's kinda off topic now but... I have no idea what I'd like to cook for Yuzuru because eeek! Roman food is sper savoury, very strong flavors that are super different from Japanese flavors and especially the kind of flavors that Yuzuru has shown to like - delicate and refreshing... Roman cuisine is the complete opposite XD We cover everything with salty cheese, pepper, chili, fat meat, tomato sauce, we fry stuff... Uhm... and he appreciates rice a lot, so his love for pasta will never be as strong as our own (Italian's). 

So maybe, really the best idea would be to cook him a meal in which I can convey my passion for cooking, combined with my passion for Japan as a country... I would love to make some makis for him, with fresh, Italian fish, and Japanese seaweed and sushi styled rice. Made and rolled wiith my hands, I really love how direct the relationship between chef and person who eats can become that way. Yes, I'd love to make some sushi maki for him. Refreshing, light, and a fusion of Japanese cuisine with Italian products. 

(Wow, I have a lot to say about this) 

I'll take your traditional food. I'll have to live on a treadmill after that, I suppose, but I'll take it. Please.

1 minute ago, Floria said:

I fell exactly the same. The day he is competing I can't eat, work and process any information not related to the event.

I  think I am going to enjoy the next two GPs :rofl:

I can't imagine if I was Brian....... :knc_brian3:I hope Brian doesn't stressed too much. 

Yuzu,  please listen to Brian more.. I mean... Save his hair.. 

5 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I'll take your traditional food. I'll have to live on a treadmill after that, I suppose, but I'll take it. Please.

Let me know when you'll take a stroll in Rome then :laughing: And yep, not quite treadmill specifically, but that's how I keep from becoming a rolling ball of human. 

6 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

Lucky you. :dpooh: You witness the low and the high of Yuzu from that event. How's the feeling after SP and after FS? :laughing: 

H&L was majestic. I'm gonna rewatch that program again tonight.. 

Eta: ehhh is this yours? 

:smiley-laughing021: Yeah. I haven't checked these in a bit, I'm surprised this one topped 20k.  My world record screaming one is better though. 

Yes, Yuzu's highs are so high and lows, so low.  I only saw the free skate in Boston and after the short in Helsinki I was thinking maybe I'm just bad luck for him. But then he delivered a moment I'll never forget for as long as I'm breathing. 

Not sure if this fits in this thread, but I seriously question Donovan's taste! :ohno:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/10/24/259534966

How can Yuzu's costume not podium?  Scandalo! Scandalo! In fact, he should get gold for costume! :hachimaki:

Nathan was easily the best-dressed male skater last season.

Excuse me?!  I like Nathan, but costume-wise, he's a league below Yuzu...

4 minutes ago, the50person said:

Technically, it's the other way round...he's famous that's why he got lifted. XD

4 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

You know, looking back on my Helsinki Pooh rain vid, Cup of Russia's makes it look kind of underwhelming in comparison. :laughing:

Do you think NHK, GPF and Nats will beat this.. because it is in Japan and they recently made the new rules(?) about banners and stuff. Perhaps they'll throw more flowers :laughing:

I'm super excited for Olympics but are poohs allowed to be thrown?