General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

LOL, I'm curious, who did they think deserved it instead of him?

I read some comments said Mika and him should switch places. I think their hatred really blinded them. One comment that I find funny was Misha should be gold and that all that Nathan and Yuzu does is skate across the ice and just quads. I don't think they actually watched any others beside Misha. :slinkaway:

4 minutes ago, Sammie said:

It's really disgusting how haters are so happy that he got silver. Some even said he don't deserve that silver at all. 😡

It is hypocritical. Nathan's win deserves to be celebrated, but people are celebrating "Nathan's win over Yuzuru", and yet Yuzu's fans are disrespectful for feeling any emotions except joy.

People have been saying that Yuzu's silvers are undeserved for years. These people just conveniently forget that their favorites and Yuzu are judged in the same flawed scoring system.

hace 14 minutos , xeyra said:

LOL, I'm curious, who did they think deserved it instead of him?

hace 4 minutos , Sammie said:

I read some comments said Mika and him should switch places. I think their hatred really blinded them. One comment that I find funny was Misha should be gold and that all that Nathan and Yuzu does is skate across the ice and just quads. I don't think they actually watched any others beside Misha. :slinkaway:

Actually I think that bronze for Misha at CoR was too much :slinkaway: 

Sorry, but he disappointed me this season so far. And he was my favourite russian male skater for two last seasons :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Floria said:

yes, I actually think the same,  the sQuad has something to do with Yuzu's desire to stay after PC :laughing:. And don't forget 4F, please. 

Tbh I don't think Yuzu wants to be friends with 4F lmao :notamused:

I don't think Yuzu will stay that long until Beijing... idk i know he's  still young, but I don't think he would want to stay that long. I guess it's back on when will he have the 4A on his repertoire and also his health condition. If he ever faces the serious injury he had last year after PC, I don't think he would try as hard as last year to come back. Bc idk it just seems like those veterans in their respective sports (not only in FS) usually just conclude that it's their time to go when they face serious injuries. My bet is at least until Worlds in Japan. However, if Japan doesn't have any promising young skaters afterward, Yuzu could stay.. who knows :shrug: I don't really know about Japanese FS federation, but in my country and my respective sports, the national athletes are usually allowed to retire when there is a promising junior that at least could be at the similar level as them. If there is none, they usually are still playing until there is one lmao 

1 minute ago, b138oo said:

I don't think Yuzu will stay that long until Beijing... idk i know he's  still young, but I don't think he would want to stay that long. I guess it's back on when will he have the 4A on his repertoire and also his health condition. If he ever faces the serious injury he had last year after PC, I don't think he would try as hard as last year to come back. Bc idk it just seems like those veterans in their respective sports (not only in FS) usually just conclude that it's their time to go when they face serious injuries. My bet is at least until Worlds in Japan. However, if Japan doesn't have any promising young skaters afterward, Yuzu could stay.. who knows :shrug: I don't really know about Japanese FS federation, but in my country and my respective sports, the national athletes are usually allowed to retire when there is a promising junior that at least could be at the similar level as them. If there is none, they usually are still playing until there is one lmao 

Oh that's quite sad, staying out of obligation to the nation, though they may love the sport. But I think of Dennis Ten, Misha Ge, and many more who must be breakthroughs of fs in their country and it's quite sad when they retire if there's no one to take the reigns.

16 minutes ago, b138oo said:

I really don't want Yuzu to retire because of injuries. It's a very painful way to end his career. I want Yuzu to retire at his best or when he feels ready to move on to the next stage of his life. I want him to choose and not let his body choose for him.

36 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Wait, where did you find these gems of comments? Youtube?

4 hours ago, ymy said:

Is there a possibility that yuzu is actually trolling us about staying after PC olympics? I mean I’m extremely happy of the news but he has been trolling us about 4Lz all summer long. 

Sigh...this is the one subject i wouldn't appreciate being trolled about,so please don't toy with my emotions on this,Yuzu.

I guess I still have trouble to believe he will stay,I have been depressed for months now thinking about it bc I've been about 70% certain he will re**** after PC/Milano(especially if he wins with good skates in PC),about 20% that he will continue until Saitama 2019[possibly skipping the GP season,going only to Nationals- 4CC (to try to win the only title he doesn't have) and have the apotheosis in Saitama trying to win another world title,and land the 4A and maybe the 4F too at least once on the way].And only 10% or less that he will continue anyway,on a not determined period after PC.

For me it would be the best,happiest news in the entire world if he were to continue for years(if his health would allow that),but I would be absolutely crushed if I get my hopes up and it doesn't happen – the level of emotional investment I have in Yuzu is and will always remain unmatched,I'm absolutely sure of that,so it would hurt too much.And it's not only about my feelings,my biggest fear is that he will hurry to re**** and then might come to regret it later and want to come back,bc he won't have those lost peak years back if he decides to return to competitions,we know how unforgiving age is in fs and I would loath for this scenario to happen bc to me it's the worst.I guess I'm going to be very cautiously optimistic about this whole subject now,in light of his new statements.And if it's only a PR move,kudos to him bc it's a good one,I've always wanted he/his team to play a stronger PR game so from that point of view I'm all for it,but I guess it's another reason to remain skeptic about his competitive future,if true.

19 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Wait, where did you find these gems of comments? Youtube?

Youtube (which I don't take to heart cus it's like a cesspool) :dry: and twitter (which I know I should ignore but can't help but notice)  :slinkaway:for those cases. I try not to go to other forums. I learn that the hard way. :laughing:

8 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

lolz

4F plus the "takes forever to text back" of 4Lz. 

As for the entire issue of Yuzu staying post PC 2018, I think he might, and with a rather depressing reason. Currently I don't see any really strong Japanese male skaters rising through the ranks for at least another 2-3 years, so unless Shoma is ready to fight it alone (and Yuzuru is comfortable making Shoma go solo), I think he'd stay on just so Japanese men get their spots at worlds. I trust that if he stays he would still enjoy skating, and it's not just fed pressure, seeing especially how competitive he is, and how he wants to just...land everything imaginable under the sun. But that he's that critical for the Japanese men's skating is depressing. Looking at the junior men's right now, it's pretty much Russia vs USA. 

Anyhow, I just hope he gets to skate as long as he enjoys skating, and leaves the competitive side on his own terms. He's given a lot to this sport/art already, and it has been a lot better due to his existence in this field. =)