General Yuzuru Chat

I think that doing Chopin for a third time is beginning to look like a mistake. :slinkaway:Especially given how he skated it this morning he's not doing himself any favors. As a Hanyu fan I was not impressed and it didn't look like the judges were either. If you're going to do a program for a third season you better sell the heck out of it. You have to skate it clean otherwise you're not justifying why you're using it. I know many will say Hanyu always had a slow start at the beginning the season. I'm well aware of his track record however he can't afford to make errors like that anymore when he's gotten Nathan Chen and Shoma Uno and many others nipping at his heels now he does not have a fall/mistake cushion anymore that doesn't exist.:facepalm:

31 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Yes, you have grown a lot  :peekapooh:

SP scores of the first GP event:

2013     80.40     3rd
2014     82.95     2nd
2015     73.25     6th
2016     79.65     4th

2017     94.85     2nd

Thank you for the stat ! You made my day ! It does look good to see this even though we know this ( for  a visual person ):thanks:  

23 minutes ago, Amura365 said:

I think that doing Chopin for a third time is beginning to look like a mistake. :slinkaway:Especially given how he skated it this morning he's not doing himself any favors. As a Hanyu fan I was not impressed and it didn't look like the judges were either. If you're going to do a program for a third season you better sell the heck out of it. You have to skate it clean otherwise you're not justifying why you're using it. I know many will say Hanyu always had a slow start at the beginning the season. I'm well aware of his track record however he can't afford to make errors like that anymore when he's gotten Nathan Chen and Shoma Uno and many others nipping at his heels now he does not have a fall/mistake cushion anymore that doesn't exist.:facepalm:

He wasn't clean but he didn't make as many mistakes as he usually does in his first GP. Maybe this improvement could be attributed to the fact that Chopin is a three-peat? It's alarming that Nathan and Shoma's scores are gradually going up, but the key to beat this is to increase Yuzu's average score and to aim to be relatively clean even when he's not at his best, and if that's the goal i think this is an okay start. :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: 

1 hour ago, Amura365 said:

As a Hanyu fan I was not impressed and it didn't look like the judges were either.

Honestly, I thought the judges were fine? He got a 46+ out of 50 in a program with a fall? He had 47+ in his WR breaking performance. So judges still went with program, but he lacked clean-ness and TES.