Favourite Skating Programs [Non-Yuzuru Hanyu Edition]

I ended up to choose this quite recent program from many options. Papadakis/Cizeron FD Rain in Your Black Eyes, Build a Home from season 2015-16. My favorite ID program of all times. The commentators of this vid stay quiet through the whole performance so there is just the music and the skaters. To me this is magic. I´ve watched it many times and always wonder how all this is possible on skates and on cold and hard ice.

On 7/20/2017 at 8:36 PM, lilsailor said:

i get goosebumps everytime at the twizzle sequence [3:00] and i cry everytime at alex's reaction when they finish

In all my years loving Ice Dance, I've never seen a pair with better twizzles than the Shibutanis. They're just so well timed!

I'm definitely showing my age with this one. Before the Man in the Iron Mask, there was another Dumas work being done by a French skater. Naturally referring to our (in)famous Philippe Candeloro, and his D'Artagnan program. It's got nothing on the difficulty of today's men's programs, but the program is charming with a very fun straight line step sequence that is quite toe-picky. And he is easy on the eyes...ahem....

1 hour ago, Xen said:

I'm definitely showing my age with this one. Before the Man in the Iron Mask, there was another Dumas work being done by a French skater. Naturally referring to our (in)famous Philippe Candeloro, and his D'Artagnan program. It's got nothing on the difficulty of today's men's programs, but the program is charming with a very fun straight line step sequence that is quite toe-picky. And he is easy on the eyes...ahem....

He's a charmer alright. hahaha.. This was really fun to watch, especially the step sequence. I think he still does that sequence during ice shows? I remember he did it in one of the FaOI tour when they introduced him. (found it!)

Though Yuna was called the queen of short programs in her early days, compared to her sharp and vigorous SPs I love even more her later LPs that are rich in emotions, very controlled and nuanced, and at the same time just so natural, one with the music. Her ability to rise to the occasion is awe-inspiring.

1. Daisuke + Jeff Buckley + no Hallelujah nonsense :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

2. Please can FaOI hire the director and cameramen from The ICE or FOI? So good.

3. Damn the lighting guy who cut the lights before the beautiful final pose (can see on CaOI and FOI versions.)

4. So genius to time a jump to "unsteady" to cover up in the event of a shaky landing

5. Why don't more men do layback spins? I need more man laybacks. 

On 24/07/2017 at 4:10 PM, Xen said:

I see your D'Artagnan and raise you one Braveheart

Good old-fashioned judge-gutting and beheading choreography.

On 8/3/2017 at 9:52 AM, SparkleSalad said:

I see your D'Artagnan and raise you one Braveheart

Good old-fashioned judge-gutting and beheading choreography.

This Candeloro is too much... haha! (I just wish the commentators would shut up... a skirt... :tumblr_inline_mqt4gqDerH1qz4rgp:)

Another one - Saturday Night Fever 

'People just can't keep their clothes on here tonight' :rofl:

7 minutes ago, Puniyo said:

This Candeloro is too much... haha! (I just wish the commentators would shut up... a skirt... :tumblr_inline_mqt4gqDerH1qz4rgp:)

Another one - Saturday Night Fever 

'People just can't keep their clothes on here tonight' :rofl:

What is it with French skaters and blockbuster movie routines (Joubert, I'm looking at you.)

This is another favourite. All the trouble of saloon doors and he just skates AROUND them. Also, costume troubles. 

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

What is it with French skaters and blockbuster movie routines (Joubert, I'm looking at you.)

This is another favourite. All the trouble of saloon doors and he just skates AROUND them. Also, costume troubles. 

Ah Joubert, I kind of miss him on the ice (and yeah, when it comes to him, I remember James Bond or Matrix immediately :facepalm:). They do have this showmanship that is pretty entertaining to watch ^^

And the more you watch, the more you dig. Another 'movie' performance:

The ball is funny though :P