Favourite Skating Programs [Non-Yuzuru Hanyu Edition]

Sometimes, a piece of music is just linked to a certain performance in my brain. Torvill & Dean's Bolero come to mind. And this is why I can't enjoy any skater using Bolero because my mind just swaps the image with Torvill & Dean's performance. (Same goes for anyone using Yuzu's R+J1 music cuts).

6 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Oh, why not? I can't seem to find any other video source :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

I made it. It works if I wacht it from YouTube. Thanks! :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

And this is one of the programs that I like the most. Charlie White and Meryll Davis FD waltz, The Bat, from 2011 - 2012 season. Just love it. The costume, the music, their performance ... just  amazing!!! :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: And she is just lovely!! 

9 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I made it. It works if I wacht it from YouTube. Thanks! :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

And this is one of the programs that I like the most. Charlie White and Meryll Davis FD waltz, The Bat, from 2011 - 2012 season. Just love it. The costume, the music, their performance ... just  amazing!!! :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: And she is just lovely!! 

I forgot about how fluffy Charlie White's hair was. hahaha

17 minutes ago, kitsune said:

One of my favorite programs is: Stéphane Lambiel 2006 Olympics SP.

Lambiel really aged like fine wine. :tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw:

Mention the 2006 Olympics and the first performance that pops in my mind is, of course, my queen Shizuka's FS.

This was actually the first ever video I saw of Mao and even without knowing much about her except she'd failed her SP and this was a redemption skate, I cried. It's such a gorgeous and emotional skate.

Michelle Kwan-East of Eden. Gorgeous extensions and wonderful edge control throughout.

Anissina and Peizerat- Man in the Iron Mask. Who said ladies can't lift their men?  I almost told my coach after this that I wanted to switch to ice dance...

You can't go wrong with something just so charming as Jason Brown's Riverdance!

Also, the legendary Alexei Yagudin SP that still is considered by most people to be one of the BEST ever!

(I could do this forever, I've been a fan of figure skating since I was like 10 years old, so I'll stop now before I get carried away!!!)

I have so many favourites from the past couple of years but also from the distant past. :smile:

I'm posting now the two programs which got me into figure skating many years ago. These are the the SP and the FS by Irina Slutskaya from the 1998 World Championships. Both were so well choreographed and she performed them excellently. I also loved her charisma and musicality in these programs, and her speed seemed to be huge, too! Her reaction in the k&c after the FS was the cutest thing! I just loved watching these programs over and over despite of the mistakes. :)

On 15/07/2017 at 1:49 AM, xeyra said:

This was actually the first ever video I saw of Mao and even without knowing much about her except she'd failed her SP and this was a redemption skate, I cried. It's such a gorgeous and emotional skate.

This is fine.... I don't need my tear ducts anyway... :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: (I honestly don't know of anyone who wasn't moved by that performance.. also, still salty that this didn't win the free)

3 hours ago, heartsdesire456 said:

(I could do this forever, I've been a fan of figure skating since I was like 10 years old, so I'll stop now before I get carried away!!!)

No.... Go on! It's the purpose of this thread! hehehe

Ok... so this isn't an iconic status performance and they're not super popular (hard to be when competing with Virtue/Moir and Weaver/Poje in CAN) but what I love about Gilles/Poirier is that they are unique and love to think outside the box. Whether or not it works with the judges (and FS fans) is another matter. This performance to the soundtrack of Hitchcock made me a fan.