POLL: Yuzu's 2017-18 FS music predictions

POLL: Yuzu's 2017-18 FS music  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Oh and another argument that led me to Seimei was him saying that he believes he could do it perfectly anytime now. That sounded like... something. But I agree it'd be a lot of pressure to have these two programs, both of them, again. GPF2015 would hang over his head every time he skated. There's a fine line between good pressure and bad pressure and I hope he knows where it is, for him.

I thought he was speaking about the layout, not the program itself?:confused:

I think right now the biggest arguments for Seimei 2.0, instead of some other warhorse, might be that enigmatic tweet and Ambesi's comment.

What I consider the main argument against using it  - 2nd peat aside - is what is also one of the strenghts of the program: it clearly requires to play a character. Yuzuru portrayed that character wonderfully in the past, but because the program is its character, I think it leaves "less space" for the kind of evolution and nuances we've seen for Chopin over more than two seasons already. So I believe actually Seimei 2.0 could put on Yuzu way more pressure than Chopin Ballade n°whatever.0, despite being both iconic programs. A different music cut would grant at least a little bit more freedom.

For me it's not much a matter of being disappointed in his choices but rather of being worried for him.

But then if it ends being Seimei, as I already said, I'll just trust that Yuzuru knows what he's doing.

I wasn't fond of some of his past musics, but in the end I loved the programs. For example don't hate on me I didn't like Prince and still don't, but Yuzuru skated LGC in a way that left me no choice but...going crazy for it (in the best sense):tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

16 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

This is surely gonna happen. No matter the music, we're gonna love his FS, because it's his skating. It's his emotions and his skills and his being in the music, not only just a random piece of music. 

I have many fears (Poto being the biggest of all) but I know they're probably irrational, because Yuzu and his team know what they're doing far better than me and everyone else here (imo), so I'm not really sure why I'm so stressed out. He could take the most used warhorse of all time and still make it unique and beautiful.

Right. And now I can't get the image of Hanyu skating to Carmen out of my head. :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, surimi said:

And surprisingly, skaters seem to be staying away from it so far, this season.

Though we already have two Black Swans, if I'm not mistaken. So I really hope at this point that Yuzu's FS is not Swan Lake... unless he wants to perform the best Black Swan ever and beat the girls to it! :xD:

5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

What's the more warhorse-y piece in Carmen?

I mean, If the question was "what's the most popular piece", it's this. But the more 'warhorsey' as in 'the most powerful', then it's definitely the finale of the carmen variations. 

This is a piano version, but you can recognize the usual variations + the same chords repeating over and over.

I wouldn't mind him skating to this piano version after all... but piano + piano would be too much, I guess xD 

51 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Why the hell not! Carmen is a sexy and charismatic character, he would nail it! :tongueyuzu:

Carmen, with a rose in mouth, please. I mentioned tango. flamenco, rumba and chacha before in GS....

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

Carmen, with a rose in mouth, please. I mentioned tango. flamenco, rumba and chacha before in GS....

And a red costume? :smiley-love017: I swear, red suits his black hair and pale skin so well!

I'm partial for Carmen because I played the violin variations so to me it will never be a boring warhorse. If Yuzu has a Carmen FS... bring it on! (but I highly doubt it anyways)