POLL: Yuzu's 2017-18 FS music predictions

POLL: Yuzu's 2017-18 FS music  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 minutes ago, Arwen said:

I'm almost sure the music will be new (or, actually, is new as the program is done already). I don't remember Yuzu recycling FS and don't think he would this time.

And I don't think anything 'warhorsey' would be less interesting to watch just because many skaters used the theme already, 'cause, you know, it's Yuzu, he can own anything and put in beyond any comparison. 

If only it hadn't been Max Ambesi who started the Seimei rumor... 

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

I think it was a reply on their Tumblr (probably on the post where she wrote that). I actually wanted to find it again.

Thanks, I found it : 

"I skate at the cricket. ;P But I dont want to out it before an official announcement. That would be kind of shady of me and I’d feel like I’d be betrayingthe trust of the skaters and coaches if I fully said it withouttheir permission. All I will say is that some people will be very happy, others will be very disappointes.

9 minutes ago, Lyyli said:

Thanks, I found it : 

"I skate at the cricket. ;P But I dont want to out it before an official announcement. That would be kind of shady of me and I’d feel like I’d be betrayingthe trust of the skaters and coaches if I fully said it withouttheir permission. All I will say is that some people will be very happy, others will be very disappointes.

Oh so she does say very disappointed. Err... Yeah, Zuzu, what are you going to shock us with in August?

EDIT: It's probably Seimei after all.

^ Yup, from the tweet it does sound like Seimei. I mean, I cannot imagine people, not even 'some people', being 'very happy' about R&J or POTO. :P Where was the compilation of the GS guesses again, does anyone know?

But if it really is Seimei, then the point of recycling 2 programs is lost on me, unless he's planning to perform some, say, spectacular elements, which I'd honestly rather he'd not; not in this season where health is paramount.

This thread is giving me anxiety again :sadPooh:

51 minutes ago, Lyyli said:

Thanks, I found it : 

This makes it seems like a repeated program.. the question is will it be a 2.0 or a 3.0 :14066882:

1 hour ago, Lyyli said:

Thanks, I found it : 

I remember seeing this post on tumblr, this person, didn't she say that someone already did guess the program? :idk:

I actually wouldn't mind Seimei 2.0. If I had to choose between Seimei 2.0 and Chopin 3.0, I'd choose Seimei as it's a very imposing, commanding music and program. Add to it his current experience, it'd probably be even more so. But that's just a matter of taste.

That said, I would rather hope for a Seimei 'sequel' or 'alternative story' or so. Something in that traditional Japanese Universe, with music from the Onmyouji soundtrack, but not the same music/cut, not the same choreography and maybe not the same character either (I once had the joke idea that maybe all the kitty acting this Summer was actually preparation for a cheeky kitsune role and now I'm stuck on it :xD: ). That'd be maybe my ideal right now...Either that, or something new, but just as epic.

Oh and another argument that led me to Seimei was him saying that he believes he could do it perfectly anytime now. That sounded like... something. But I agree it'd be a lot of pressure to have these two programs, both of them, again. GPF2015 would hang over his head every time he skated. There's a fine line between good pressure and bad pressure and I hope he knows where it is, for him.

Seimei 2.0 is great so long as the music cut is a little different. Or even if it's not, in all honesty looking back at the OG and comparing to H&L there are some empty spaces I think he would fill now. Even with the exact same music cut, it wouldn't be the same program it was, there would be changes, some things added, some layout changes... I wouldn't be mad about it. I just think it would be hard and might add pressure to have to better a program many already consider complete and skated to perfection (though I know he likely doesn't think it has been skated to its fullest potential and the same concern applies to Chopin but he's already shown there's more for Chopin to give). IA that I would prefer to see a sequel of alternative side to that character rather than an outright recycling. I'm prepared to eat my words though.

He could go full Team Japan solidarity and do Turandot. :xD:

I wouldn't totally mind POTO 2.0, I think I joked somewhere that if 14-15 POTO was him playing the Phantom he could skate as Christine next ala R&J 1 and 2 lmao

I wouldn't mind any 2.0+ if it's with a different music cut actually (something different from onmyoji soundtrack for example could be very exciting imo), but two programms with absolutely same music cuts - even gorgeous Seimei would leave me a little dissappointed, can not help it :tumblr_inline_mmzrck5t2E1qz4rgp: (not implying anyone should mind my thinking,it's just an opinion)

2 hours ago, VieObsolète said:

I remember seeing this post on tumblr, this person, didn't she say that someone already did guess the program? :idk:

Yes she did. This is the first post of hers.  "Somebody just tweeted about it, so I don’t have to keep it secret anymore. Bb Jun is skating to the Planets for his free skate, and I am so stoked!!! It’s one of the best pieces of music in existence, imho. Also somebody on goldenskate already guessed Yuzu’s freeskate correctly. ;P It’s eating me up not being able to tell them they are right, haha."

8 minutes ago, Smultron said:

"Very disappointed" :10640793: 

This could mean either a repeat or a warhorse, I guess? Ughhh, if only that girl knew how much anxiety this is giving us :14066882:

Or some really blah new music? And maybe that girl is sitting somewhere watching and going :darklordyuzu:

3 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Or some really blah new music? And maybe that girl is sitting somewhere watching and going :darklordyuzu:

I think we went over this in the general chat thread when Max dropped the Seimei bomb. Don't want to go dig up the thread, but Seimei was mentioned only in passing on GS, and think it was after she revealed that. On the other hand...POTO, R&J (a non-Nino Rota version), and Man in the Iron Mask all got mentioned, as well as the Deveil's Trill Sonata and Swan Lake. I should know...I mentioned 3 of them....:facepalm: