POLL: Yuzu's 2017-18 FS music predictions

POLL: Yuzu's 2017-18 FS music  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

From what that tumblr poster who trains at TCC said, some people will be disappointed with his FS music choice, others will be happy. To me this can only mean one of two things:

- He's repeating a program. Seimei is the most likely, but could also be POTO, RJ 3.0, whatever.

OR

- He's doing a warhorse.

So I'm kind of not expecting anything new or non-warhorse-y from him.

If the 'some people' is referred to a small number of people and the 'others' are the rest... there is a probability of him not repeating anything because from what i see online.. a lot are hoping for something else other that repeated programs 

10 minutes ago, kaerb said:

In b4 he trolls us all and does an extended koi dance remix :xD:

What if he got the instrumental version of Koi dance and remix it with some classical music to make it seem more 'proper' for free skate.... :knc_brian1:

43 minutes ago, kaerb said:

In b4 he trolls us all and does an extended koi dance remix :xD:

this is just..... :knc_brian1: anyways I still voted for a new program, I still have a small chunk of hope left for this :10636614:I guess we'll see next month who is that "others" that will be happy

I'm gonna be realistic...so I went with warhorse...

Personally I prefer a warhorse as long as it's not POTO over SEIMEI 2.0 since the latter would put him under too much unnecessary pressure. I somehow have this weird feeling for Swan Lake...:slinkaway:If the tumblur poster can tell on the spot what music it is, it has to be something famous or recycled. (Me actually hoping for brand new music but not going to be the one that jinx it...)

One day I too had a dream about his FS music. I don't know the music (or even does it really exist?) but I remember he was playing as Hikaru Genji from The Tale of Genji. And yes...it was a boobskirt.:13877886:I woke up and searched for movie adaptations, and found a lot of different versions, including an opera! Traditional Japanese characters really fit him well but I guess for the Olympic season, it's better to "play it safe" if he is aiming for Medevedeva-level consistency. So I am fully prepared...for SEIMEI 2.0 and Carmina Burana...:13877886:

Hace 6 horas, xeyra said:

From what that tumblr poster who trains at TCC said, some people will be disappointed with his FS music choice, others will be happy. To me this can only mean one of two things:

- He's repeating a program. Seimei is the most likely, but could also be POTO, RJ 3.0, whatever.

OR

- He's doing a warhorse.

So I'm kind of not expecting anything new or non-warhorse-y from him.

Actually if it is POTO o RJ 3.0 it will be both things, repeating and warhorse :facepalm:. Tbh I voted warhorse. Because less risky, more easy for judge's ears.  And that tumblr's poster recognized the music, so it can't be something little known or new.

And there are still a lot of decent warhorse music to choose from.

I woudn't mind POTO or something similar. I really liked it.

Now that I think of it probably many people at TCC already know what music it is, but they are good at keeping secrets :laughing:.

18 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Ugh, I'm so anxious, I want that open practice to happen tomorrow not in august ...:10636614:

:consoling2:

9 hours ago, surimi said:

I voted warhorse. I'm hoping for something he hasn't skated to yet, even if it means a warhorse (exceptions to that being Rhapsody and La Vie En Rose). I fear POTO though. :smiley-scared003:

I don't think he would repeat both his programs from the 2014/2015 season.

But as much as I'd like to see a FS with new music, it will be a warhorse, I think. 

I'd be happy for Swan Lake.

59 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I don't think he would repeat both his programs from the 2014/2015 season.

But as much as I'd like to see a FS with new music, it will be a warhorse, I think. 

I'd be happy for Swan Lake.

He might have a new program to different pieces of POTO music, though; that's what I fear.

So would I. Or Firebird. Any bird, basically. :P

hace 8 minutos , surimi said:

He might have a new program to different pieces of POTO music, though; that's what I fear.

So would I. Or Firebird. Any bird, basically. :P

I am still feeling uneasy about that Twitter joke about POTO. It is not completely impossible, probably that program wasn't skated to its full potential.

It seems to me that many people here wouldn't mind Swan Lake for FS, although it's a warhorse. But it wasn't used much since Sochi and for me it would be a wonderful choice.   

I'm almost sure the music will be new (or, actually, is new as the program is done already). I don't remember Yuzu recycling FS and don't think he would this time.

And I don't think anything 'warhorsey' would be less interesting to watch just because many skaters used the theme already, 'cause, you know, it's Yuzu, he can own anything and put in beyond any comparison. 

On 10.7.2017 at 10:29 AM, xeyra said:

The link in the music thread gives only this:

"Somebody just tweeted about it, so I don’t have to keep it secret anymore. Bb Jun is skating to the Planets for his free skate, and I am so stoked!!! It’s one of the best pieces of music in existence, imho. Also somebody on goldenskate already guessed Yuzu’s freeskate correctly. ;P It’s eating me up not being able to tell them they are right, haha."

Is there another tweet? If you don´t remember where the link is, no need to search it for me. It can take a lot of time.

1 minute ago, Lyyli said:

The link in the music thread gives only this:

"Somebody just tweeted about it, so I don’t have to keep it secret anymore. Bb Jun is skating to the Planets for his free skate, and I am so stoked!!! It’s one of the best pieces of music in existence, imho. Also somebody on goldenskate already guessed Yuzu’s freeskate correctly. ;P It’s eating me up not being able to tell them they are right, haha."

Is there another tweet? If you don´t remember where the link is, no need to search it for me. It can take a lot of time.

I think it was a reply on their Tumblr (probably on the post where she wrote that). I actually wanted to find it again.