POLL: Yuzu's 2017-18 FS music predictions

POLL: Yuzu's 2017-18 FS music  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for brand new music but the other choices wouldn't be surprise either. :hand:

It's funny because I had a dream last night that it was August and Yuzu revealed his free skating music. It was a rather unknown piece, an OST, but I don't remember the name and the composer, because I never heard about them before. It was not a Japanese OST, that's all I can remember...:hopelessness: I tried to memorize it but I knew that I was dreaming (haha) and that I wouldn't remember it when I wake up. And so it happened.

The off season and its effects on me :facepalm:

7 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

i really hope for brand new music too but won't be surprised at repeats...

your dream sounds pretty awesome and i'm hoping that yuzu ends up doing a piece of music not very commonly done...

i think we're all going pretty stir crazy with the off season tbh

It was a very short dream, but he was in a dark costume..black, or dark velvet :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01: There were no ruffles, or boobskirts, it was a simple but very elegant costume-similar to the Chopin one.

We need to survive July somehow :biggrin:

I would love for him to have a brand new FS (specially since he may have more time to work on it now that he doesn't have to worry as much for the SP). But my gut is saying that, since it's an Olympic season and he has seemed to really appreciate the importance of consistency, he might go for a recycled program. Perhaps POTO (because it's a well known piece of music, though after Mura said he would use POTO again I'm hoping Yuzu doesn't). Or SEIMEI, since it was generally well received and he managed some truly amazing performances with it.

At least we can be sure the layout will be different than the previous POTO, SEIMEI, R&J etc. And so, even if he recycles a program, the new jump layout will give it a fresher look. 

I wonder if he will stick to the 4S+3T in the FS, since he already dropped it in the SP. Or perhaps he might switch back to the 4T+3T (praying for that left foot) and backload the program (even) more?

I voted Seimei 2.0. 

I am glad POTO 2.0 has no votes. 

During Makuhari streaming, someone joked by announcing POTO 2.0 was the new FS and I almost had a heart attack. SO not ready for that.

BUT! I hope it's going to be brand new music. My guts tell me Seimei 2.0, but my guts are often wrong. 

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

I am glad POTO 2.0 has no votes. 

During Makuhari streaming, someone joked by announcing POTO 2.0 was the new FS and I almost had a heart attack. SO not ready for that.

Haha, same, that was a pretty cruel joke :10640793: 

I voted for a warhorse of some kind because I can't see him recycling two programs... but who knows... 

I voted some warhorse because...because:mischief:

Given that his SP has "no set theme", it's likely he may choose to play a character for the FS instead. I also think he'll go for something that allows him to unleash his warrior side and that he can skate in demon!Yuzu mode even after a mistake without detracting much from the performance. H&L was beautiful but risky, I believe he won't have again a FS that "needs to be clean to be appreciated".

I'm kinda preparing myself for a repeat, and I wouldn't mind a Seimei 2.0, but in this case I would have expected him to announce it sooner. I feel now it's less likely, or at least not with the same cut. Also, that cut was custom-made for that layout, I don't think it would work well now without at least a bit of tweaking.

Honestly I'd mind more a POTO 2.0, even if it would still make sense unfortunately

not much because it's the ultimate warhorse, but more prosaically because for me the musical cut is a bit too haunting...don't know how to explain, it feels a bit oppressive after a few time replaying it. I'd like a different cut, though, Yuzu left out my favourite song :14066882::dancingpooh:

As for RJ3, if it is a different piece than I don't see any problem because he would only keeping a theme, not the music itself.

(and so he announced he was doing NDP 2.0):darklordyuzu:

I'm expecting some epic warhorse (Carmina Burana? joking...or not. Another Turandot? kidding...I hope:headdesk:), but I wish Yuzu could troll surprise us all with something totally new.

Anyway I bet that whatever Yuzuru will choose, he's going to blow my mind all the same:smiley-love017::10636614: