If You Had to Choose - 1x World Gold 1x Oly Silver/Bronze vs. 2x World Gold

2x World Champ v. 1x World Champ, 1x Olympic silver/bronze  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

I think this upcomig season GPF and Olympic golds would be the most desireable for Yuzu, Worlds gold would be a cherry on top but not essential.

When Yuzuru won Worlds 2014, Max Ambesi described it at "a victory of dispersion", meaning that since he had won everything else, also winning worlds was a given.

I wish with all my heart that Yuzuru will do a triplet again: GPF, Olys and Worlds. And I know this is what he wants. And he knows he can get it. He just need to build his confidence during the first competitions of the Season. Maybe, he already started to build his confidence with Chopin, thanks to Faoi, and the fact that he skated it clean in poor conditions.

7 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

When Yuzuru won Worlds 2014, Max Ambesi described it at "a victory of dispersion", meaning that since he had won everything else, also winning worlds was a given.

I wish with all my heart that Yuzuru will do a triplet again: GPF, Olys and Worlds. And I know this is what he wants. And he knows he can get it. He just need to build his confidence during the first competitions of the Season. Maybe, he already started to build his confidence with Chopin, thanks to Faoi, and the fact that he skated it clean in poor conditions.

Once

:slinkaway:

^^

Yeah, that's why I think it'd be essential for him to win GPF, because of momentum leading up to Olympics. After the Olympics though? If he won the Olympics with good performance, I think he the Worlds would be just an afterthought. If he doesn't win the Olympics, he'd want to prove himself. 

But, damn, 5x GPF Champion has a good ring to it too, you bet commentators would bring it up half the time they mentioned him.

24 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

^^

Yeah, that's why I think it'd be essential for him to win GPF, because of momentum leading up to Olympics. After the Olympics though? If he won the Olympics with good performance, I think he the Worlds would be just an afterthought. If he doesn't win the Olympics, he'd want to prove himself. 

But, damn, 5x GPF Champion has a good ring to it too, you bet commentators would bring it up half the time they mentioned him.

Seeing how happy he was to be 4x GPF champ even though it wasn't his best performance? It's definitely something he values for sure :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:48 PM, xeyra said:

4x World Champion. An Olympic medal doesn't necessarily prove your worth, but a good career does. 

Good point/argument!

• 1 month later...
Guest turquoiseblue

Winning an Olympic silver or bronze medal would be something very special, but I would also love to stand on top of the World podium twice. I can't choose... It's too difficult :13877886: