Mascot Fest

Anony

A topic dedicated entirely to mascots characters. Whether they represent a company, an important event, a sports team... a very specific jail... everything is welcomed. Inspired by my recently discovered collection of Kumamon reaction pics and @liha and also my current ava. Go ahead and share your mascot collection, have fun, be a little silly, because in the end we just want to loosen up and collect reaction pictures of unintentional memes or at least I do, that's what 98% of my Kumamon folder consists of anyway. :tumblr_inline_mg16g93n0Q1qdlkyg:

23 minutes ago, liha said:

YAY thank you @Anony :10636614::7938863:

Your ava is #mood hahah

Can someone bring back that gif of Kumamon loosing his glove in the dough kneading machine??? I cried laughing that day

:biggrin:

Also if you were wondering, the resulting dish :laughing:

t6fizRI.jpg

Source

Guest turquoiseblue

My favourite Japanese mascot is Neko Masamune from Sendai :10636614: He is an adorable samurai cat modelled after Lord Date Masamune and seems to be a fan of Yuzu :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Here are some tweets related to Yuzu :10636614:

In the topic of Yuzuru and mascots, I've been trying to go through all my Yuzuru pictures emphasis on trying  and rediscovered this treasure :rofl:

xTocgmN.jpg

Bookmark until I can find the actual footage since this is the closest thing I have atm. Feel free to tell me if anyone has this exact shot or footage of it.

I am genuinely unsure of what exactly is happening in that picture :rofl:

One of my favourite mascots have nothing to do with Yuzu (that I know of. hehehe)

32fbd8b0f25d4f9882ed1a1171841bfbbf2b22ea     7d6a10f728f256b0a5fab11aa1ab27a379b6f1f2

(C) ana-cooljapan [broken link]

Isn't she the cutest? Sora-yan is the mascot for Osaka International Airport.

According to Sora-yan’s official profile, she lives in Osaka International’s La Sora Deck terrace and entertainment complex, and her job is to bring smiles to the facility’s visitors. Sora-yan has an interest in fashion, with a collection of snappy silk scarves of the type flight attendants in Japan wear, and enjoys going for walks in and around the airport.

21 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

@Anony From sportymags blog. I may be able to help you...

Here is a cute picture of Yuzu jumping up and down with a mascot named Juni.  He is mascot of Sendai TV.  The reason why they are jumping is that they are imitating “ふなっしー” (Funassyi), who is another famous mascot in Japan.  

img_8982.jpg?w=300&h=214

img_3876.jpg?w=300&h=300

Ah, thank you, I'll use this for a bookmark,

until I can track down the original video assuming it's still around I've been trying to look for ToI footage to try and find this exact scene, no luck so far :facepalm: Also it's been a while since I've visited that blog, looks like I'm going to have some reading tonight, the author's been pretty busy I see :laughing:

Also, isn't Funassyi the mascot that ran through a minefield? I swear I've seen him somewhere... also how did they jump that high in a mascot costume, whoa :eeking: