Mascot Fest

Anony

I think they would have more success, should they interact with Yuzuru Hanyu. Not like Pedo-Bird, please! :wiggle:

But they seem to start to understand the trick :

Though I doubt people can really visit Miyagi, and I doubt too, if tourists are really welcome there right now.

Well... Keyakki is probably already pretty successful. His Japanese account has thirty-six thousand followers while Nekomasamune is followed by thirty-eight thousand.

https://twitter.com/oimyg

https://twitter.com/nekomasamunecom

He can skate

He has sat beside Yuzu........'s autograph

and he is edible

103331269_2678868489108569_1226369304058

Papa Tako, a mascot of Akashi, Hyogo, the home of Akashiyaki reacted to a Yuzu fan hoping to see him (Papa Taco) again beside Yuzu having Akashiyaki in Kobe during Fantasy on Ice next year. He says, "It is already three years since then... Wish he will have Akashiyaki again..."

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The aquarium Yuzu visited via Avaterin, of course, has a mascot. He is a one-year-old manatee called, "Manayan" who loves KISS, Rolling Stones, and Japanese rock band Yokohama Ginbae.

His kuyasii tweet on Yuzu yesterday

"Hiya! It's me, the manatee that cannot stay silent when the topic is figure skating.
To my aquarium!
Arghh!
Woah!
Came Yuzuru Hanyu via Avaterin!
I mean, why our staff member is navigating him? Why am I not the one to do the job!
I am feeling the kuyasii-est now!
Mana!"

Guest turquoiseblue
On 7/29/2021 at 6:04 PM, Figure_Frenzy said:

I once again ask Yuzu to meet Nekomasamune soon 🥺🥺💙

(...surely there's a covid-safe way to do so!)

A cat-shaped PyeongChang medal :tumblr_inline_mm2wnw2HKh1qz4rgp: :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw: I wonder if he has his own Sochi medal, too :tumblr_inline_np9uqfin9j1qid2nw_75sq:

Checking ANA's promotional clips today, I found this photo.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVKc8zQJ5xa/

Apparently, ANA's Flying Honu, a series of Airbuses flying between Hawaii and Japan, has mascots. The blue one that represents the sky is Lani. The green one that represents the ocean is Kai. The sunset-orange one that represents the sun is La.

Here is a video of their holiday in Hawaii.

17 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Checking ANA's promotional clips today, I found this photo.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVKc8zQJ5xa/

Apparently, ANA's Flying Honu, a series of Airbuses flying between Hawaii and Japan, has mascots. The blue one that represents the sky is Lani. The green one that represents the ocean is Kai. The sunset-orange one that represents the sun is La.

Here is a video of their holiday in Hawaii.

I wanna be nearby when they shot this video... :hihi:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest turquoiseblue
On 11/9/2021 at 12:30 PM, sweetwater said:

Wow! Thank you for introducing an interesting account! I could find a lot of yabai mascots as well as cute ones there :biggrin:

It's the account posted by @kaeryth and @SitTwizzle earlier in the thread :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

Here is a CNN article about Chris Carlier who runs the account:
The viral Twitter account celebrating Japan's mascot culture

Chris Carlier is a British freelance illustrator who has been living in Tokyo for more than a decade. He started Mondo Mascots purely because he was interested in the culture and enjoyed taking photos of mascots he saw.

"A few years ago I saw the costumed mascots walking around and started taking pictures and looking them up," he tells CNN Travel. "It's like birdwatching or collecting stamps."

He also cautions against taking mascots at face value and seeing them only as cutesy and innocent. "Bad things have mascots, too. Nuclear plants, large corporations with bad practices. Cults have mascots."

• 2 weeks later...