On 7/30/2020 at 9:20 PM, yuzuangel said:

The rinks are not too uncommon around here, so depending on where I am living it's usually something like 10-30 minutes traveling away

Oh, how easy it is! You're so lucky! 

Personnally, I take the train (1h30 for the outward journey and 1h30 for the return) to get to an ice rink.. So when I'm in the ice rink, I stay there for several hours :-)

23 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

i just want to be able to skate up and down the road. like put in some music and go around the neighborhood. pic skates seem really scary on a bumpy surface especially if there are twigs/pebbles/holes :scared0011: even small ones make you feel unstable :smiley-sick030:  i guess they do try to mimic ice where a small hairclip can make you fall on your face. or maybe it's just me. 

I tried 2 years ago quads (10 lessons) indoors... less chance of falling than outdoors. I find it harder than ice skating. Moreover, after the lesson, it always took me a lot of time to clean the wheels (remove dust, hair...). Easier to maintain ice skates ^^ and  I find more pleasure in this sport.

@yuzuangel @FlyingCamel I admire your multi-sport talents :-)

On 7/31/2020 at 3:52 PM, FlyingCamel said:

Wow, that's amazing! I can never do a toeloop, mine always ends up as a toe waltz T__T

a toe waltz... never heard about that :67638860:   I'm sure you will be able to do a toeloop one day ! Courage !  

Today I tried it with both hands up, and it actually forces you to get more height. Thats' a good exercice. 

17 hours ago, Marie-E said:

a toe waltz... never heard about that :67638860:   I'm sure you will be able to do a toeloop one day ! Courage !  

Today I tried it with both hands up, and it actually forces you to get more height. Thats' a good exercice. 

Haha, a toe waltz is kind of like a failed toeloop, like I end up pre-rotating halfway and taking off forwards, so it ends up like a waltz jump that takes off on the toepick, therefore people call it a toe waltz haha and it's very bad technique T_T But thank you!! I really need to have some courage and fix my technique instead of just avoiding that jump all the time :( I do find it scary when I attempt the do it correctly but hopefully I'll fix it!! Thanks for the encouragement hehe :3 

And woah it's so cool that you took lessons on quad skates!! Maybe next time I'll try it too if I get the chance!

6 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Haha, a toe waltz is kind of like a failed toeloop, like I end up pre-rotating halfway and taking off forwards, so it ends up like a waltz jump that takes off on the toepick, therefore people call it a toe waltz haha and it's very bad technique T_T But thank you!! I really need to have some courage and fix my technique instead of just avoiding that jump all the time :( I do find it scary when I attempt the do it correctly but hopefully I'll fix it!! Thanks for the encouragement hehe :3 

And woah it's so cool that you took lessons on quad skates!! Maybe next time I'll try it too if I get the chance!

i think i do toe waltz jumps too. it's way easier to do a toe waltz than a toe loop lmao. but i can't do a toe waltz on pic skates (it's really hard to prerotate your jumps on rubber/cement) so...i feel like if i learn how to do them on pic skates, it'll help on the ice :think:

8 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

i think i do toe waltz jumps too. it's way easier to do a toe waltz than a toe loop lmao. but i can't do a toe waltz on pic skates (it's really hard to prerotate your jumps on rubber/cement) so...i feel like if i learn how to do them on pic skates, it'll help on the ice :think:

Haven’t tried this yet but it looks like it would help!! Hopefully this will fix our toeloops haha

1 hour ago, FlyingCamel said:

Haven’t tried this yet but it looks like it would help!! Hopefully this will fix our toeloops haha

haha i have been practicing pivots exactly like that for toe loops but then when i try to jump mid-pivot, i can't lol. but i don't try to jump after pivoting for a whole 1 or 1.5 rotations like he does...i'll try that tomorrow...

9 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

haha i have been practicing pivots exactly like that for toe loops but then when i try to jump mid-pivot, i can't lol. but i don't try to jump after pivoting for a whole 1 or 1.5 rotations like he does...i'll try that tomorrow...

haha, I just tried and I have the same problem! Can't seem to takeoff after the pivot. Maybe it's something that will come with practice... let us know how it goes! Good luck! <3 

Just now, FlyingCamel said:

haha, I just tried and I have the same problem! Can't seem to takeoff after the pivot. Maybe it's something that will come with practice... let us know how it goes! Good luck! <3 

i feel like if we can figure it out, we can definitely have real toe loops! lol! i think the reason why i can't takeoff after pivot is because my right leg wants to turn in to jump aka become a toe waltz, but since we're on wheels, the wheels don't slide like that lol. so i guess training on wheels really forces you to face your bad prerotation habits...