On 1/14/2019 at 2:06 PM, shanshani said:

Me reading about all you people jumping meanwhile I just started learning backwards crossovers :sadPooh:

Hey, I started jumps and my backwards crossovers still suck :xD: jumping is just a matter of courage really, but the hard thing in skating, for me at least, is to do things cleanly and with a good technique, meaning executing even a simple step (like crossovers) in a beautiful way. So don't you worry about jumps for now. Even though you will probably start jumping waltz jump in less time than you think. 

3 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Hey, I started jumps and my backwards crossovers still suck :xD: jumping is just a matter of courage really, but the hard thing in skating, for me at least, is to do things cleanly and with a good technique, meaning executing even a simple step (like crossovers) in a beautiful way. So don't you worry about jumps for now. Even though you will probably start jumping waltz jump in less time than you think. 

Yeah that's the hard thing about skating. Getting beautiful crossovers with good rhythm and speed might actually take years. But they're like the first thing(s) you learn in figure skating class. :animated-smileys-cheeky-041: They're also the worst things to fall on tbh.

So today I didn't jump a single salchow lol, but I learned how to do pistol pose! 

(it /is/ supposed to scratch a lot with the tail of the extended leg, right?)

My Salchow is now fairly consistent (albeit imperfect), and my cross rolls have gotten much better.

My knee bend is getting better but is still pretty bad. :disdain:

Once again, I didn't give the slightest thought to my skates the whole time. I'm so glad I toughed it out until I could get good skates and didn't give up.