Skating on the Planet

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

yeah when you're small, injuries aren't so scary and you're so much lower to the ground :\

And injuries don't significantly affect your lifestyle. I always think about the fact that I live alone and I have to get to work (well, when I'm not forced to work from home, anyway) and do all cooking and household chores on my own. No parents around to take care of all that...

Just now, guitarist said:

And injuries don't significantly affect your lifestyle. I always think about the fact that I live alone and I have to get to work (well, when I'm not forced to work from home, anyway) and do all cooking and household chores on my own. No parents around to take care of all that...

lol i was a kid i would twist my ankle playing sports badly and it would heal in like 2 weeks? if that happened to me now it would take idk 2 years

Just now, yuzuangel said:

lol i was a kid i would twist my ankle playing sports badly and it would heal in like 2 weeks? if that happened to me now it would take idk 2 years

Lol, yeah, I sprained my ankle once like 2 years ago and it stopped feeling sore after like 6 months, but it still cracks when I move it :facepalm: It didn't do that before haha. Kids have it so much easier...

Omg I hate twisted ankles... happened to me before from skating and it’s healed now but still scares me! Anyone here twisted ankles from skating? 

Seriously admire all the skaters for still being able to do quads and all after scary injuries, like Anna and Alina having broken bones, Yuzu’s multiple ankle injuries etc

4 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Anyone here twisted ankles from skating?

i haven't but i feel like i constantly retie my boots whenever i feel the least bit ankle movement haha. and i am too scared to try hard things :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

also i haven't twisted my ankle from off-ice jumps but they're often sore when i walk nowadays especially a day or two after doing the jumps >__<

Sorry, changing topics now, and sorry if this is not the right thread. :P

Anyone who lives in the UK knows where I could buy leg warmers for skating, the ones with the wider bottom to pull over the skates? My legs always freeze up, it's too damn cold in the ice rink I always go too :D

Or maybe someone knows about a good online shop that ships internationally?

2 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Sorry, changing topics now, and sorry if this is not the right thread. :P

Anyone who lives in the UK knows where I could buy leg warmers for skating, the ones with the wider bottom to pull over the skates? My legs always freeze up, it's too damn cold in the ice rink I always go too :D

Or maybe someone knows about a good online shop that ships internationally?

Hmm, maybe try these by Frozen Couture?

https://frozencouture.com/fame-leg-warmers/?fbshop=1&attributes=eyIxNDk0IjogIjIyNTIifQ&utm_source=IGShopping&utm_medium=Social

12 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

i haven't but i feel like i constantly retie my boots whenever i feel the least bit ankle movement haha. and i am too scared to try hard things :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

also i haven't twisted my ankle from off-ice jumps but they're often sore when i walk nowadays especially a day or two after doing the jumps >__<

Oh no, why sore? Have you tried icing them? I understand, just the thought of getting injured freaks me out so much, but I know if I don’t get over that fear I’ll never be able to do any jumps from axel and above 😭 So I guess the only way is to do everything possible to prevent injury, and build things up slowly without rushing ourselves...

16 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Haha I thought there are options for changing the colour though? 

You can, you can. It's just that as soon as I opened the link I felt like I needed to put on my sunglasses :D You see? I'm not a colourful person. My wardrobe consists of white, grey and black :peekapooh:

2 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

You can, you can. It's just that as soon as I opened the link I felt like I needed to put on my sunglasses :D You see? I'm not a colourful person. My wardrobe consists of white, grey and black :peekapooh:

i think it's just the continuous impact on landing, and sometimes the jump isn't v perfect... 

i wear an ankle brace when i jump now :'D

(at least with skates you get ankle support, not so much with sneakers haha)

5 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

i think it's just the continuous impact on landing, and sometimes the jump isn't v perfect... 

i wear an ankle brace when i jump now :'D

(at least with skates you get ankle support, not so much with sneakers haha)

you mean like this kind?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beskey-Adjustable-Breathable-Material-Comfortable/dp/B06WGT8461/ref=asc_df_B06WGT8461/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309890096346&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12225227472130447262&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007850&hvtargid=pla-304043019085&psc=1

does it help?

7 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Haha, I’m the same! Chique sport has really nice figure skating clothing, just kinda expensive but I do like them...

• 1 month later...

My coach told me to send her some music ideas for a program and we'd start working on one. Of course, now my mind's gone completely blank. My taste in music tends toward the dramatic, but I don't have the skill to pull anything like that off. One of the downsides to being an avid FS watcher is that you get all these choreo ideas that you'll never be able to do.

I'm tempted to send her a playlist with a bunch of warhorses as a joke.

Also, I can fairly consistently get a slow backspin around for a few revs now. So... yay?