Skating on the Planet

1 hour ago, hoodie axel said:

But toeless equivalents of flip and toeloop already exist :shrug:

I have no idea how you could be on an left outside edge but rotate counterclockwise. It's basically the CCW counterpart of a loop but you rotate clockwise instead. Maybe you launch straight into the air and rotate your shoulders while in the air to not only counter the rotation of the left outside edge but then rotate CCW :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

10 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I have no idea how you could be on an left outside edge but rotate counterclockwise. It's basically the CCW counterpart of a loop but you rotate clockwise instead. Maybe you launch straight into the air and rotate your shoulders while in the air to not only counter the rotation of the left outside edge but then rotate CCW :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

It definitely seems mechanically hard! It's why I asked if anyone here had attempted it, so I could even understand what happens.

5 hours ago, jinxxoo said:

Coach tried teaching me crossrolls can't do them at all but I'm imagine seimei the whole time. 😆

I got the forward crossrolls but... backwards crossrolls are impossible for me at the moment! I don't get how to cross my feet without tumbling down :c 

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I got the forward crossrolls but... backwards crossrolls are impossible for me at the moment! I don't get how to cross my feet without tumbling down :c 

I can technically do them but there's a lot of flailing involved 

On 2/18/2019 at 6:10 AM, Xen said:

It's back outside edges....just switching back outside edges fluidly instead of waiting to stop.

The problem is that I feel so insecure when I step on the leg crossing in the back, lol! But my last lesson I did give them a go and I could do them... as a beginner. 

I did my last lesson for the month and next week I'm leaving for Japan - most teammates have suggested me to bring my skates because Japan is full of ice rinks. Also I'm going to spend a weekend in Sendai, and most likely will be skating there <3 

I have always had really, really, really stiff ankles and have been working on stretching them, and wow, I did a save on a jump combo that made me immediately go all giddy and fangirly over Yuzu and his incredible jump saves. :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: It wasn't a remotely advanced combo, and I think it's more a matter of being the same stubborn, never-give-up type as Yuzu than that watching him so much actually helped me be a better skater, but as a big ol' fangirl, I like to think that he helped. :67638860:

My single jumps are free from the circle! I could only do waltz jumps anywhere I wanted before, but today, I was flying all over the place doing single jumps and combo jumps wherever there was room and it fit the music I was listening to.

I just wish I could get the hang of spins and back 3-turns. I have such weird gaps in my skills. I can do a 1S-1T-rippon-1T with transitions in and out, but I can't do a back 3-turn or more than maybe two scratchy revolutions on a one-foot spin... :judgmental:

On 2/28/2019 at 8:07 AM, Xen said:

Another cold last week means...I haven't skated or took classes for almost 2 weeks. How am I ever going to get my damn flip and lutz?!

(also according to coach, I have lip tendencies. *sigh*)

Ganbatte!

I finally managed to get some height on my flips and clean up my technique a bit and I managed to get a clear outside edge on my lutzes soooo now I am scared to skate again because I feel like I can’t recreate that next time. Lol skating is giving me trust issues bc 1-2 good skates are usually followed by weeks of bad skates? I am nervous as I have been having too many good skates lately. I had a bad skate this tuesday and thought, well, I had a good run, the long due slump is here. But then yesterday’s skate was good again and it’s making me nervous to skate bc I am expecting the slump to creep back any time.... I don’t trust this peace....