Skating on the Planet

By the way guys tomorrow I'm doing my first Ice show for Christmas! We will be skating together with Luca Lanotte, Anna Cappellini, Matteo Rizzo and Lucrezia Beccari! I am so excited to meet again Luca (marry me you sweet eyed prince) and to meet with Matteo for the first time. I saw him up close at Worlds last year and he looks fiiiiine. Also now I really want him to land a 4T right in front of me, lol. 

Of course they will skate their EX and we will skate a small group thing, it will probably suck and I will probably trip and fall before doing my Waltz jump lol. But I cannot wait!! 

So basically I continued to mess up the single Salchow because I prerotated too little. Is that a thing? Also a teammate told me that I have to spring the jump up with my takeoff leg, instead both with Salchow and Waltz I kick the free leg too much and it looks ugly khkhkh. Oh well I get so little jump training time per week honestly, I'm not even sure if they're teaching me the right technique :c I wanna jump moreeeeeeee

Guest turquoiseblue
On 12/21/2018 at 3:49 AM, Murieleirum said:

By the way guys tomorrow I'm doing my first Ice show for Christmas! We will be skating together with Luca Lanotte, Anna Cappellini, Matteo Rizzo and Lucrezia Beccari! I am so excited to meet again Luca (marry me you sweet eyed prince) and to meet with Matteo for the first time. I saw him up close at Worlds last year and he looks fiiiiine. Also now I really want him to land a 4T right in front of me, lol. 

Of course they will skate their EX and we will skate a small group thing, it will probably suck and I will probably trip and fall before doing my Waltz jump lol. But I cannot wait!! 

How was the ice show? I hope you had a great time :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

On 12/28/2018 at 4:23 PM, turquoiseblue said:

How was the ice show? I hope you had a great time :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

Actually it was a little underwhelming... :dontdothistome:

I didn't meet with Luca or Matteo or Anna, because there wasn't even a proper gala at the end with all the athletes on the ice - and during our number, I was with zero warm up, I was nervous, and couldn't manage for the life of me to jump. So I didn't xDDDD Ah the nerves! But now I know how athletes feel when they pop. 

3 hours ago, axelnojutsu said:

I sacrificed my right foot to Yuzu, I hope he enjoys it :war:

and it didn't even happen on the ice but when I was leaving it

Oh no, I hope it's not anything too serious :ohno:

I've been having pains during and after skating myself... I think I broke my hips while doing an inside SE without the proper warmup first. 

10 hours ago, axelnojutsu said:

I sacrificed my right foot to Yuzu, I hope he enjoys it :war:

and it didn't even happen on the ice but when I was leaving it

I wish our way of transferring healthy ankle energy was a little less painful....

(please heal well axelnojutsu)

On 12/27/2018 at 5:15 PM, Murieleirum said:

So basically I continued to mess up the single Salchow because I prerotated too little. Is that a thing? Also a teammate told me that I have to spring the jump up with my takeoff leg, instead both with Salchow and Waltz I kick the free leg too much and it looks ugly khkhkh. Oh well I get so little jump training time per week honestly, I'm not even sure if they're teaching me the right technique :c I wanna jump moreeeeeeee

Hah, I haven't jumped in a while and that's what my coach is telling me too- that I'm not rising up to jump off my skating leg. Something like my skating leg is giving 6/10 energy, my free leg is giving 9/10 energy, and my upper body is doing 7/10 energy. She says to remember to rise up and jump, and that there should be a little hook at the salchow, like a small check mark that indicates you rose off the toepick.

As for PR too little- yes, have a rinkmate who gets that and he is trying 2S. It tends to make his 2S rotate out of the axis/circle, so he tends to land with UR and SO before collapsing on his butt.

5 hours ago, Xen said:

Hah, I haven't jumped in a while and that's what my coach is telling me too- that I'm not rising up to jump off my skating leg. Something like my skating leg is giving 6/10 energy, my free leg is giving 9/10 energy, and my upper body is doing 7/10 energy. She says to remember to rise up and jump, and that there should be a little hook at the salchow, like a small check mark that indicates you rose off the toepick.

As for PR too little- yes, have a rinkmate who gets that and he is trying 2S. It tends to make his 2S rotate out of the axis/circle, so he tends to land with UR and SO before collapsing on his butt.

Oooh yeah that sounds like my problem allright! And I've heard the hook thing about the Salchow so next time I should really try and search for it. 
And hahahah watching your rinkmate jump sounds hilarious :dancingeggplant: and yes I asked my coach "why do I land off-axis and fall?" and she answered "because you take off off-axis. You land the same way you jump". It sounds like a very useful thing to remember. 

Guest turquoiseblue
20 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Actually it was a little underwhelming... :dontdothistome:

I didn't meet with Luca or Matteo or Anna, because there wasn't even a proper gala at the end with all the athletes on the ice - and during our number, I was with zero warm up, I was nervous, and couldn't manage for the life of me to jump. So I didn't xDDDD Ah the nerves! But now I know how athletes feel when they pop. 

That's a pity :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg: But I guess it must have been amazing to take part in an ice show with all those skaters! I hope you will have an opportunity to skate in a show again next year :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: Ganbatte!  :hachimaki:

1 hour ago, turquoiseblue said:

That's a pity :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg: But I guess it must have been amazing to take part in an ice show with all those skaters! I hope you will have an opportunity to skate in a show again next year :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: Ganbatte!  :hachimaki:

Anna and Luca's number was amazing 😍  I hope I can meet them again soon... some of us even took private lessons with them. I couldn't both because expensive af and because I thought it would be a waste for them for what I can do now xD which is nothing much. 

48 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Oh no! Is it serious?

It's not serious, I don't think. There's a little step at the entrance to the rink, we were going to get something to drink and while I was putting on my guards one of the kids pushed me from behind with their stupid sled thingy and made me trip off the step.. got my toepick stuck on the matt but fell backwards and ouch :shrug:

I haven't had it checked out yet because I'm hoping it'll go away on its own if I just leave it alone. But I'm definitely staying off the ice for a while :yznotimpressed:

14 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

It's not serious, I don't think. There's a little step at the entrance to the rink, we were going to get something to drink and while I was putting on my guards one of the kids pushed me from behind with their stupid sled thingy and made me trip off the step.. got my toepick stuck on the matt but fell backwards and ouch :shrug:

I haven't had it checked out yet because I'm hoping it'll go away on its own if I just leave it alone. But I'm definitely staying off the ice for a while :yznotimpressed:

Aww boo that sucks. Take care, I hope it heals soon!