Skating on the Planet

4 hours ago, robin said:

I feel you... There’s only one single skate shop in our whole federal state lol

Why aren’t they for your feet? I am also thinking about Edeas 

eta: And I just called and they don't even have Edeas or Risport Royals there :13877886:

They only have Jackson Freestyles and RF3s. Both not stiff enough for me...

They said they can order whatever I need but I can't try them on.... If I order them there it will be more expensive than online but they are the only people who could mount blades for me so i'll have to take that offer

I wanna move countries

Most of the skates I tried on left a rather big gap at the heel, including the Edea ones. My ankles are very thin, but my foot itself is more normal-sized... The skate tech recommend Riedells, which we ordered in split widths. I think once you start buying higher level skates the other brands start to offer more customization options, though. The ones I got were Riedell Bronze Star, which I think can be used for beginning doubles (not that I'll ever get there). Jacksons and Edeas at that level didn't offer the same width options He also did tell me that Edeas simply don't last as long. Wish I'd tried Risport, though, they look nice. 

1 hour ago, guitarist said:

Most of the skates I tried on left a rather big gap at the heel, including the Edea ones. My ankles are very thin, but my foot itself is more normal-sized... The skate tech recommend Riedells, which we ordered in split widths. I think once you start buying higher level skates the other brands start to offer more customization options, though. The ones I got were Riedell Bronze Star, which I think can be used for beginning doubles (not that I'll ever get there). Jacksons and Edeas at that level didn't offer the same width options He also did tell me that Edeas simply don't last as long. Wish I'd tried Risport, though, they look nice. 

Ohh I see, that’s interesting.... I have rather thick ankles so that won’t be a problem for me. 

Good to know Edea’s don’t last as long. Well, actually I want to go for Risport Royals, anyway. (@yuzuangel‘s persuaded me there.) The Chorus’ were just another option I had in mind...

I might just try on the RF3s and hope that they have a similiar fit and order the Royal’s based on that. 

Has anyone heard of Graf Kingston Silver Star blades? I found them on sale and I’m thinking of getting them

6 hours ago, robin said:

I feel you... There’s only one single skate shop in our whole federal state lol

Why aren’t they for your feet? I am also thinking about Edeas 

eta: And I just called and they don't even have Edeas or Risport Royals there :13877886:

They only have Jackson Freestyles and RF3s. Both not stiff enough for me...

They said they can order whatever I need but I can't try them on.... If I order them there it will be more expensive than online but they are the only people who could mount blades for me so i'll have to take that offer

I wanna move countries

can you get them shipped?

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

can you get them shipped?

You mean shipped to the store? That's what I mean. I can get them shipped to their store and buy them form the store where they can mount the blades for me... But I think I need to commit to buying them if I get them shipped without trying them on. I will talk with the skate tech on monday and see what can be done.

*watches fs*

wow, so beautiful! so athletic! 
*tries a single salchow on land*
*almost deletes her own face into concrete wall*
hoW THE FUCK

(I thought this belonged here more than any other thread)

53 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

*watches fs*

wow, so beautiful! so athletic! 
*tries a single salchow on land*
*almost deletes her own face into concrete wall*
hoW THE FUCK

(I thought this belonged here more than any other thread)

What a mood  :war:

Guys!! I tried on the Chorus and I love it :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

I almost didn’t want to take them off again (and I didn’t think I’d even get my foot in when I looked at the last pair I tried lol I kept going a size smaller just to compare and I’m glad I did - I already thought 260 was “okay” but it actually ended up being 250!!)

I didn’t buy them yet because he didn’t have them in champagne and damnit if I’m gonna spend all this money on new boots they are going to be pretty! 

So he’s ordering them for me and hopefully next week I’ll have new shiny boots :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Good to know the edeas fit. 

If you have narrow heels, I'm not sure if Risport is the option. My heels aren't that narrow, but definitely not medium sized heels, and my RF3s are not cutting it. After a year, I sometimes suspect my heels are slipping up. Might end up having to go Edea route too, maybe even Jackson split widths-but to be honest, at my level, the cheapest options are the RF3s XD I tried a pair of edeas that were my size (another girl at my rink has the same shoe size) and I'm not fond of how much they squeeze the arches of my feet. Laced them up slightly looser than Risports, and it was pinching, my arches felt totally numb after about 5 mins of just walking around. The pianos on the other hand, feel great. =( 

Skate technician I usually send stuff too says he could see me trying risport royals since the heels are slightly narrower, but then he said the tongue might hurt a bit during break-in period. The only guy I know in Royals is on the 2nd month of his break-in period, and he still has my gel sleeves because the boot is cutting into his ankles. 

@robin: why won't risport RF3s work? I use them with stiffness of 45, and weight wise I'm not light (> 48 kg) and it should support me all the way through 1Lz and 1A. I probably skate 6 hours a week, and am nearing year 1 with them. They're still holding up well. 

@Murieleirum: why are you trying a 1S on land? o_O  This is probably closer to what you do on land:

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

@Murieleirum: why are you trying a 1S on land? o_O

Because all the ice rinks are molten currently :peek:but I wanted to learn the basic set up for the jump. So far I had only tried toeloop. 

I love that video! I took a lot of exercises from there to train a little at home on my own. Too bad I am stuck with doing everything on land for now. (btw I am sending you a pm) 

Just now, Murieleirum said:

Because all the ice rinks are molten currently :peek:but I wanted to learn the basic set up for the jump. So far I had only tried toeloop. 

I love that video! I took a lot of exercises from there to train a little at home on my own. Too bad I am stuck with doing everything on land for now. (btw I am sending you a pm) 

....On Land or on ice?

BTW, if on ice, you did get a coach to spot you right? o_O

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

....On Land or on ice?

BTW, if on ice, you did get a coach to spot you right? o_O

Nope. But don't worry, I'm not trying anything on ice without a coach, I don't want to die!

(magical post count)

21 minutes ago, Xen said:

why won't risport RF3s work? I use them with stiffness of 45, and weight wise I'm not light (> 48 kg) and it should support me all the way through 1Lz and 1A. I probably skate 6 hours a week, and am nearing year 1 with them. They're still holding up well. 

How is that not light? :P I weigh considerably more than you. And I just figured they‘re the same stiffness as Freestyles and I had a rinkmate who skates around as much as me and who is lighter than me complain about her Freestyle’s after 4-ish months of use. I’d just rather be safe than sorry! 

21 minutes ago, Xen said:

Skate technician I usually send stuff too says he could see me trying risport royals since the heels are slightly narrower, but then he said the tongue might hurt a bit during break-in period. The only guy I know in Royals is on the 2nd month of his break-in period, and he still has my gel sleeves because the boot is cutting into his ankles. 

That’s interesting and kind of contradicts @yuzuangel‘s account. I guess it depends on which one from the Royal series your rinkmate has?

1 minute ago, robin said:

How is that not light? :P I weigh considerably more than you. And I just figured they‘re the same stiffness as Freestyles and I had a rinkmate who skates around as much as me and who is lighter than me complain about her Freestyle’s after 4-ish months of use. I’d just rather be safe than sorry! 

Uh... 48 is heavy for my height in China (apparently 158cm=> 45 kg). >_>  But hmm, I guess as older skaters we can indulge ourselves on higher level skates. 

*eyes those ice flys online*

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

Uh... 48 is heavy for my height in China (apparently 158cm=> 45 kg). >_>  But hmm, I guess as older skaters we can indulge ourselves on higher level skates. 

*eyes those ice flys online*

Hahah I would say the average European person my height (165cm) is around 60kg and I am a good 10kg above that! 

And exactly :P It’s not like we‘re going to grow out of them. It‘s ok as long as we commit to breaking them in and making our wallets cry (buy them!!!)

4 minutes ago, robin said:

Hahah I would say the average European person my height (165cm) is around 60kg and I am a good 10kg above that! 

And exactly :P It’s not like we‘re going to grow out of them. It‘s ok as long as we commit to breaking them in and making our wallets cry 

...and that latter rationale is why and how my wallet cries for help as I check in something for my xmas gift to myself. 

Then, yes, RF3 would be too light if you plan to jump too. You probably will need Risport Royals. 

*no seriously I probably won't go for something that much, unless I do get up to 1A around xmas break, or my current boots crumble, which are the 2 conditions under which I will change boots*

13 minutes ago, Xen said:

...and that latter rationale is why and how my wallet cries for help as I check in something for my xmas gift to myself. 

Then, yes, RF3 would be too light if you plan to jump too. You probably will need Risport Royals. 

*no seriously I probably won't go for something that much, unless I do get up to 1A around xmas break, or my current boots crumble, which are the 2 conditions under which I will change boots*

While others need 2 months to break their Royals in it took me 3 months to wear my Artistes out. Sure, they‘re on the lower stiffness spectrum but 3 months??? anyway...

(I respect your power to resist the temptations)

How‘s your axel doing? Have you landed it? I imagine it’s a painful struggle