Skating on the Planet

Today I managed my first backspins on the spinner that had more than 2 revs and that I didn't fall out of! I just got too slow and had to stop spinning. I am not quite there yet but yay I had like 5 revs on one. Just when I started telling myself that I will never learn backspins :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I also did some regular spins but I'm scared to go all out on them bc of my ankle. Maybe not yet

28 minutes ago, robin said:

Today I managed my first backspins on the spinner that had more than 2 revs and that I didn't fall out of! I just got too slow and had to stop spinning. I am not quite there yet but yay I had like 5 revs on one. Just when I started telling myself that I will never learn backspins :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I also did some regular spins but I'm scared to go all out on them bc of my ankle. Maybe not yet

maybe don't tempt injury just yet :embSwan: congrats on the backspin, though!

On 6/4/2018 at 7:28 AM, guitarist said:

Are you going to be in the city? :10636614:

Not sure, might be. :D Someone recommended Dawn, I heard she was very picky about technique...

1 hour ago, robin said:

Backspins seem scary but I'm sure you'll get there! Being able to do them on the spinner is impressive, I still haven't figured out how to use it at all.

I started working on them too but I'm so lazy to practice them bc struggling is no fun lol

22 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Not sure, might be. :D Someone recommended Dawn, I heard she was very picky about technique...

Backspins seem scary but I'm sure you'll get there! Being able to do them on the spinner is impressive, I still haven't figured out how to use it at all.

I started working on them too but I'm so lazy to practice them bc struggling is no fun lol

When were spins ever fun :rofl: My motivation is that backspins are beneficial for jumps. I think my flip will need the practice lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, axelnojutsu said:

I might get new skates on Monday and I’m high key stressed I’ll fuck something up and don’t pick the right ones :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

It’s so much money  :13877886:

Yayy which skates are you thinking of getting? 

I get your anxiety tho 

1 hour ago, robin said:

Yayy which skates are you thinking of getting? 

I get your anxiety tho 

40 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Are they returnable?

I don’t think they are but idk

and I’m shooting for Edea Chorus (with Coronation Ace Rev) but we’ll see if they fit

13 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

I don’t think they are but idk

and I’m shooting for Edea Chorus (with Coronation Ace Rev) but we’ll see if they fit

Can you ask coaches and other skaters about good skate techs? My coach told me to get fitted by a particular tech because most of her skaters have had good experiences with him, for example. 

Ah, that's what I was aiming for, but it turns out Edea isn't really right for my feet... It was a pity because I wanted to avoid the break-in period.

4 hours ago, guitarist said:

Can you ask coaches and other skaters about good skate techs? My coach told me to get fitted by a particular tech because most of her skaters have had good experiences with him, for example. 

Ah, that's what I was aiming for, but it turns out Edea isn't really right for my feet... It was a pity because I wanted to avoid the break-in period.

There’s not really any options to choose from for me, at least not within reasonable distance so I just gotta hope for the best with the guy at our rink :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

6 hours ago, axelnojutsu said:

There’s not really any options to choose from for me, at least not within reasonable distance so I just gotta hope for the best with the guy at our rink :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

I feel you... There’s only one single skate shop in our whole federal state lol

11 hours ago, guitarist said:

Why aren’t they for your feet? I am also thinking about Edeas 

eta: And I just called and they don't even have Edeas or Risport Royals there :13877886:

They only have Jackson Freestyles and RF3s. Both not stiff enough for me...

They said they can order whatever I need but I can't try them on.... If I order them there it will be more expensive than online but they are the only people who could mount blades for me so i'll have to take that offer

I wanna move countries