Gamers r' Us

xeyra

6 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

7bd.jpg

Gonna come and show off my things here :P

8D9A678ABECBAD42823B151752963769A128B074:rofl:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-formaHanyu Space Program

And some shots of a Blade Runner-esque park i am building in RCT3

F215356F58FB67FC8B5979DD901CE9620F1A06B3C7E0AADCFBB6909D54574D014842B693A60A0457

Last I logged in, Gandhi is stuck in a hyperagressive Industral era so I'm safe from the nukes for now :laughing: Not for long....

Anyway, you go build that space program and find Planet Hanyu. This forum's secret origin story wwww

Also random sidenote, I always laugh a little whenever the game tells you a Great Prophet is "born" idk why I think it's so funny.

1 hour ago, Winnie_20 said:

I never was any good at Katamari, but I played a few of the games. Good times! I remember loving areas with flowers and plants, and I think there was one with candies. So cute.

Ico and Shadow... let's say I've watched the gameplays on youtube. I've tried playing both games, but they scare the you-know-what out of me. I'm not much of a puzzle person (and will happily cheat my way through any puzzles I come across in J-RPGs by ways of walkthrough strategy guides). I don't mind creepy silence and mysterious surroundings and stuff in TV series or movies, but in games, it's a big no no for me. :slinkaway:

I like puzzles and enjoy solving them, but sometimes (especially in J-RPG games) there are just too many of them and they can be time consuming and repetitive. In cases like these I would give up and cheat 0:)

And I hate creepy stuff whether it is on TV or in a game and usually avoid these kind of things . I have an active imagination and scary stuff tend to stick with me for too long after the fact :smiley-scared003:     

• 3 weeks later...

My cousins are visiting for 2 weeks and I decide to reintroduce them to Civilisation... Coastal city with a plain AND a desert(For rushing the Pyramids) with 5 resources in the start, just found the Cliffs of Dover literally 4 tiles away from the capital too... what kind of luck....

The Secret World MMO has just re-launched as Secret World Legends and it's free to play. Anyone want to try it out? It's a bit like an action RPG in modern times with supernatural happenings. It has absolutely phenomenal story. Combat animations... could be better.

On 17/06/2017 at 9:23 PM, Winnie_20 said:

I never was any good at Katamari, but I played a few of the games. Good times! I remember loving areas with flowers and plants, and I think there was one with candies. So cute.

Ico and Shadow... let's say I've watched the gameplays on youtube. I've tried playing both games, but they scare the you-know-what out of me. I'm not much of a puzzle person (and will happily cheat my way through any puzzles I come across in J-RPGs by ways of walkthrough strategy guides). I don't mind creepy silence and mysterious surroundings and stuff in TV series or movies, but in games, it's a big no no for me. :slinkaway:

Ico I found at the video shop in PS2 times and my goodness it was so beautiful. If you can't play it I think least recommend the soundtrack. :) 

I then excitedly bought SotC when it came out (showing my age) and the gameplay was so original and of course again the beautiful scenery, soundtrack, and sweet loneliness made me fall in love. Unlike Ico, though, which is the game I've replayed most in my life, it took me 10 years to get to the end. It really is terrifying facing some of the colossi and my poor heart couldn't take the adrenaline overload. I was worried that after 10 years of trying I'd find the ending a little anti-climactic but my goodness, it was beyond perfect. If you think there's ever a chance you might play it, I'd recommend avoiding watching any videos. :)

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Ico I found at the video shop in PS2 times and my goodness it was so beautiful. If you can't play it I think least recommend the soundtrack. :) 

If you think there's ever a chance you might play it, I'd recommend avoiding watching any videos. :)

I've watch the gameplays of both Ico and Shadow, more than once. I'm never going to play those games. I tried a few times, both of them, and I just can't. This is what nightmares are made of. (Myst falls in the same category, btw, as does The Last Guardian.)

But videogame soundtracks, oh my. I got into videogames because of the music. I'm first and foremost a J-RPG videogame music soundtrack junkie. Playing the games (and only J-RPGs, with a very few exceptions like Katamari and some stuff like Dance Dance Revolution, talk about showing my age!) comes second.

Actually, the best news I've read in the past few weeks is that Joe Hisaishi will be returning for the OST of Ki no Kuni 2. :tantrum:

I'm currently dividing most of my spare time between playing video game music (Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts) on the piano and playing Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age and multiple Kingdom Hearts games on the PS4. I need more time in my life. *le sigh* Soon the new figure skating season starts again with the JGPs, so I need to make the most of it now. *grin*

Just now, Winnie_20 said:

I've watch the gameplays of both Ico and Shadow, more than once. I'm never going to play those games. I tried a few times, both of them, and I just can't. This is what nightmares are made of. (Myst falls in the same category, btw, as does The Last Guardian.)

But videogame soundtracks, oh my. I got into videogames because of the music. I'm first and foremost a J-RPG videogame music soundtrack junkie. Playing the games (and only J-RPGs, with a very few exceptions like Katamari and some stuff like Dance Dance Revolution, talk about showing my age!) comes second.

Actually, the best news I've read in the past few weeks is that Joe Hisaishi will be returning for the OST of Ki no Kuni 2. :tantrum:

I'm currently dividing most of my spare time between playing video game music (Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts) on the piano and playing Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age and multiple Kingdom Hearts games on the PS4. I need more time in my life. *le sigh* Soon the new figure skating season starts again with the JGPs, so I need to make the most of it now. *grin*

I was a DDR maniac! I played at home at least 2 hours a day, though in Australia they repackaged it as "Dancing Stage" so they could charge double for half the songs and then whack some Kylie Minogue in there (ugh). I think my body still remembers all the steps! I was super into JRPGs but I can't face the guilt I feel when my save games tell me I've wasted 100s of hours in front of a screen. >_< I will waste time for FF7, though. Other than that it's been point and click Sierra style games since I was a tiny tot. 

Katamari soundtracks make me very happy and I'm so excired for Ni no Kuni 2! 

12 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I was a DDR maniac! I played at home at least 2 hours a day, though in Australia they repackaged it as "Dancing Stage" so they could charge double for half the songs and then whack some Kylie Minogue in there (ugh). I think my body still remembers all the steps! I was super into JRPGs but I can't face the guilt I feel when my save games tell me I've wasted 100s of hours in front of a screen. >_< I will waste time for FF7, though. Other than that it's been point and click Sierra style games since I was a tiny tot. 

Katamari soundtracks make me very happy and I'm so excired for Ni no Kuni 2! 

Hehehe, yes, Dancing Stage Europe, I think it was called here. Ugh. I just always call it Dance Dance Revolution. :heart: The songs on the Dancing Stage ones were so crappy compared to DDR games. So bad that I actually bought a few PSOne DDR games from the USA (NTSC). I had a chipped PSOne, so hey, no problem, right? Wrong. How was I supposed to know NTSC and PAL games play at, like, different speed or something, so the games were undancable because on my PAL system, the beats never matched the symbols to step on. *rolls eyes*

I cannot wait for the FF VII remake!

and the uber classic Katamari theme for da win!

4 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

Hehehe, yes, Dancing Stage Europe, I think it was called here. Ugh. I just always call it Dance Dance Revolution. :heart: The songs on the Dancing Stage ones were so crappy compared to DDR games. So bad that I actually bought a few PSOne DDR games from the USA (NTSC). I had a chipped PSOne, so hey, no problem, right? Wrong. How was I supposed to know NTSC and PAL games play at, like, different speed or something, so the games were undancable because on my PAL system, the beats never matched the symbols to step on. *rolls eyes*

I cannot wait for the FF VII remake!

and the uber classic Katamari theme for da win!

Oh no! Pre-internet console, region restricted times were so tough. Kids these days have it so good! I couldn't afford chipping at the time, though I was getting serious enough to save up for a metal dance platform that I'd have to have shipped from New Zealand. I think it was going to be $300 DON'T WORRY DO YOUR BEST. Luckily(?), I injured my knee and had to r**** before OSOROI NO T-SHATSU I threw away money on such a ridiculous thing. IT'S MY WAAAAY.

Aaah, DDR...

My first experience with that game is a machine they rented for a school festival when i was in middle school.

I... uh... had to kinda fight with my middle school's headmaster to play it, because she kept playing (she was gooood) and i was just being passive aggressive standing behind her and giving her the stink eye lol.

Did i mention she was a nun because this was a catholic middle school :rofl:

29 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Aaah, DDR...

My first experience with that game is a machine they rented for a school festival when i was in middle school.

I... uh... had to kinda fight with my middle school's headmaster to play it, because she kept playing (she was gooood) and i was just being passive aggressive standing behind her and giving her the stink eye lol.

Did i mention she was a nun because this was a catholic middle school :rofl:

I need to see that! :tantrum:

30 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I need to see that! :tantrum:

It is a good conversation starter: "Have i told you about the time i had to fight a nun playing DDR because i wanted to play too?" :rofl:

I love rhythm games tbh, but i always feel very self conscious playing DDR on arcades because i haven't practiced much so i'm not very good and the gatekeeping here in the DDR community is terrible haha

4 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

It is a good conversation starter: "Have i told you about the time i had to fight a nun playing DDR because i wanted to play too?" :rofl:

I love rhythm games tbh, but i always feel very self conscious playing DDR on arcades because i haven't practiced much so i'm not very good and the gatekeeping here in the DDR community is terrible haha

Most of our arcades are long gone but I was mostly too self-conscious to play in them much anyway. I did used to play some DJ rhythm game that came out in arcades around the same time but I don't remember the name. Never could find a Para Para Paradise machine but always wanted to try it out. That endless search just became me sitting on YouTube watching this a lot: